PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Mastercraft Check Eng Light

tim05bowen
06-17-2009, 10:52 AM
I just had the oil and trans fluid changed and the starter cleaned, and also changed two of the relay boxes for the ballast system and the front bilge pump. Now I have a check engine light on but everything runs fine. Any suggestions.

JohnnyB
06-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Don't know if this is good for a 2007 engine.....

Worked on my 2004 for reading diagnostic codes and setting engine to timing mode.

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=18827&highlight=diagnostic

bigmac
06-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Read this post first, from Engine Nut

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=324173&postcount=14

JohnnyB
06-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Interesting.

I guess if you're going to try it, it is at your own risk.

IIRC the guys at SKIDIM told me how to do this. Shorting the pins puts the engine in timing mode, too.

bigmac
06-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Interesting.

I guess if you're going to try it, it is at your own risk.

IIRC the guys at SKIDIM told me how to do this. Shorting the pins puts the engine in timing mode, too.

I think the guys at SkiDim are pretty smart, but Engine Nut work for Indmar.

erkoehler
06-25-2009, 12:11 AM
Why not take it to a MasterCraft dealer? The engine should still be under warranty..............

TMCNo1
06-25-2009, 12:31 AM
I just had the oil and trans fluid changed and the starter cleaned, and also changed two of the relay boxes for the ballast system and the front bilge pump. Now I have a check engine light on but everything runs fine. Any suggestions.

Why not take it to a MasterCraft dealer? The engine should still be under warranty..............

I agree with Eric, but who did the work you posted, the dealer? If it was the dealer it would be interesting to see why they didn't see the check engine light too, while running it to check the fluid levels, relays, and bilge pump after they performed the work.

bigmac
06-25-2009, 09:34 AM

The problem, Eric, is that many of us have a several-hour drive associated with taking that trip to the MasterCraft dealer, and a similar drive bringing it home several days later. Warranty or not, many MasterCraft owners would like to avoid that significant inconvenience, especially if the problem turns out to be something minor.

snork
06-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Did you add oil to the filter prior to installing it?

HMF007
06-25-2009, 11:01 AM
I would put money on it that it is related to the emmissions and wont hurt anything but I would find someone that can plug in and read the code.