PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump price???

toothawk
05-24-2005, 04:53 PM
This sucks.... just got a call from the marina. Turns out you guys were right, running out of gas burnt up my fuel pump. Worst part is the marina says just the hard cost of the pump is $480 (without labor). There goes my acme prop I wanted to buy. Does that sound right??? I asked about skidim and he says he doesn't like to order aftermarket because you need to know exactly what part for what engine and once you open it's yours, weather its the right part or not.

jsonova99
05-24-2005, 04:57 PM
I don't know which pump you need, but the most expensive electrical pump skidim sells is only $269.75 (atleast from what I saw) and I'm sure that they carry the one that you need.

jsonova99
05-24-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm pretty sure that skidim will take a return as long as you haven't destroyed the pacaking or installed it and taken it out, I could be wrong though. I think they might just be sticking it you

AR Footer
05-24-2005, 05:06 PM
I would call Vince at skidim and tell him what your situation is and see what part he says that you need. He is real good at what he does and I seriously doubt that you will get the wrong part. It happens, but Vince knows his stuff. I wouldn't pay the marina that large amount of money without at least talking to Vince first.

jsonova99
05-24-2005, 05:08 PM
I would call Vince at skidim and tell him what your situation is and see what part he says that you need. He is real good at what he does and I seriously doubt that you will get the wrong part. It happens, but Vince knows his stuff. I wouldn't pay the marina that large amount of money without at least talking to Vince first.

agreed, he may be able to give you an idea how involved of a job it is, too, if it's simple, it may save you a few hundred bucks to do it yourself. :twocents:

BriEOD
05-24-2005, 05:12 PM

I'm looking at the DIM catalog now and I think the fuel pump you need is $269.95. As has been stated, call Vince and ask. I've gotten quite a few parts from them and NEVER had to send anything back. 18033450996.

ski_king
05-24-2005, 05:13 PM
I would get the part from DIM if they have it and do the swap yourself.
Assuming the boat is out of warranty.
You will probobly save $300 which can be used for gas money!

Be carefull with the gas though, I wouldn't want my denist to have hands that smell like gasoline. :eek:

jsonova99
05-24-2005, 05:16 PM
Be carefull with the gas though

I can vouch for this, I've had some nasty encounters with gas in the past few weeks working on the boat, very nasty stuff, take any and all precautions you can to minimize leakage and your own exposure to the vapors.

toothawk
05-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks guys, will try DIM and see what I can do. I'm awfully good at teeth but when it comes to big greasy engines, i'm not the sharpest tool in the drawer.

André
05-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Isn't a fuel pump a part that you can replace with an automotive part ?
I think so...Maybe less expensive?

USC8791
05-24-2005, 06:06 PM
The pump for my 2002 197 was $362.50; August 2004.

SkySkiSpokane
05-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Make sure you pick up a new fuel filter too. You may have sucked up some crud from the tank. I did mine myself. Pump and filter took maybe an hour. Skidim was right on with my parts.