PDA

View Full Version : 82 Stars and Stripes Decal

82 Stars and Stripes
06-11-2009, 12:04 PM
82 Stars and Stripes boat in need of help !! I am in need of the sticker's that was on both sides of the boat in the rear. They were round sticker's is all I know. I have not even been able to see a good enough photo to tell what was on it. If anyone has any help please let me know ! Thanks !

CameronCarey
06-11-2009, 12:55 PM
You can probably search the posts and find several sources for the "yin and yang" decal as they call it . Jim at BAWS prob has it in stock

TMCNo1
06-11-2009, 02:48 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=573397&postcount=1

M-Funf
06-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Why is it that those stickers near the transom are missing on so many MC's? Mine was missing the flag decal, and I've seen others missing those as well, but all the stars and the MC logo are still there. I don't get it. Were people taking them off? Were they crummy decals??? Harold???

TMCNo1
06-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Why is it that those stickers near the transom are missing on so many MC's? Mine was missing the flag decal, and I've seen others missing those as well, but all the stars and the MC logo are still there. I don't get it. Were people taking them off? Were they crummy decals??? Harold???

Those decals were originally printed on a gold mylar, several colors of ink was silk screened on the film and over the years, washing, waxing and the elements did away/faded the ink till there was nothing more than a gold disc there, so they removed them, rather than taking a little effort to find replacements/spares from a dealer when they were readily available.
The best thing for someone to do, is if they get new decals, get some clear vinyl decal film from a sign shop or have a sign shop cover them and the ink should not will not be eroded away.

farmboy0318
06-14-2009, 07:00 PM
I spoke with Jim at Bay Area WaterSports last week (813-996-2297) and he said that he has the stickers in stock. Not sure of the price though. May want to give him a call.

ski_king
06-14-2009, 07:16 PM
They are out there, but expen$ive and hard to find. Try either Jim@BAWS of Bennetts.

Mine are holding up fine with 27 years and about 54 waxings.

79stars
06-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Folks,
Got all mine at Bennetts boat repair in KNoxville Tennessee. I had the flag decals and he had a ton of the yin yang decals. I have an extra set of the flag decals if anyone needs a color copy sent to them for reproduction.

CameronCarey
06-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Folks,
Got all mine at Bennetts boat repair in KNoxville Tennessee. I had the flag decals and he had a ton of the yin yang decals. I have an extra set of the flag decals if anyone needs a color copy sent to them for reproduction.

I need that flag decal, i have a few pictures but the scale is off some.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=48338&stc=1&d=1244932763

at some point in the last 32 years i got yin and yanged where i should have been flagged....