PDA

View Full Version : Prop Repair and GOOD balance

bret
05-24-2005, 03:09 PM
I got a bit close last year picking up a buddy in front of his house, early morning ski, and nicked a rock with my 4 blade. No big damage, just a slight vibration in the lower rpms, once above 3200, it goes away.

I had it balanced and polished a few years back by a guy but wasn't that pleased, as I thought it had a bit of vibration in it when I got it back - it was not there before. My old stand by 3 blade is like silk.

Does anyone have a contact that you've used before to do a DAMN good job of repair, balance, and polish? I want to use someone different. TIA.

6ballsisall
05-24-2005, 03:19 PM
I got a bit close last year picking up a buddy in front of his house, early morning ski, and nicked a rock with my 4 blade. No big damage, just a slight vibration in the lower rpms, once above 3200, it goes away.

I had it balanced and polished a few years back by a guy but wasn't that pleased, as I thought it had a bit of vibration in it when I got it back - it was not there before. My old stand by 3 blade is like silk.

Does anyone have a contact that you've used before to do a DAMN good job of repair, balance, and polish? I want to use someone different. TIA.

I used Delta Propeller recently and was pleased with their work

east tx skier
05-24-2005, 03:29 PM
If it's an OJ, send it to OJ. $85 plus shipping and it will be better than new (and by our experience, I do mean better than new).

Incidentilly, I found the busted channel marker I whacked last summer. It was already marked. Guess I wasn't the only one to hit it. Scarry that the water is that low this year already.

OhioProstar
05-24-2005, 04:02 PM
OJ!!!!! Delta is good too.

BriEOD
05-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Ask for Mike they do really good work and it's reasonable. In fact the guy owns a MasterCraft and it was sitting outside of the shop today when I drove buy.

Skip's III Propeller Service
7169 Cross County Road, N Charleston, SC 29418
(843) 552-4000

bret
05-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Thanks for suggestions, OJ it is.

jimmer2880
05-25-2005, 06:48 AM
Curtis Prop Repair(301) 899-2220

Close to Andrews AFB on the SE side of the DC beltway

You can UPS it to them. Great work.