PDA

View Full Version : Credit card merchant company forged my name to a lease, what can i do?

mplv
06-10-2009, 05:33 PM
So as slow as everything is I started trimming up my monthly obgligations at my business, since no one has even tried to give me a credit card in a year and my machine hasnt worked in 6 months it was one of the first things to go.

I specfically remember signing a 24 month lease for a dollar a month for the equipment about 3 years ago so I didnt think that it would be an issue to turn everything off. When I finally get ahold of someone that can help I am informed that I signed a 4 year lease at 35 dollars a month for the machine and they want the account settled. There is so much going on in that account that I just never noticed the 35 bucks coming out every month.

My original plans when opening the business were to sell it after year 2 so there was absolutely no way I signed that lease, I asked them to send me copies of everything with my signature on is. I get the PDF files and they are indeed for a 4 year lease at 35 a month but not only is the signature absolutley nothing like mine but on the print name section they substituted a S for an F in the middle of my last name and the signature is very clearly an S when my actual signature looks like hen scratch.

Before I got the PDF I sent a signed fax, so he had my current signature there and so when I called him back I directed to him my states website for LLC filings where he could download documents with my correct signature from each of the last 4 years.

The guy I have been speaking with is the VP of the company and agrees that the documents were forged. What type of recourse do I have?

6ballsisall
06-10-2009, 07:11 PM
So as slow as everything is I started trimming up my monthly obgligations at my business, since no one has even tried to give me a credit card in a year and my machine hasnt worked in 6 months it was one of the first things to go.

I specfically remember signing a 24 month lease for a dollar a month for the equipment about 3 years ago so I didnt think that it would be an issue to turn everything off. When I finally get ahold of someone that can help I am informed that I signed a 4 year lease at 35 dollars a month for the machine and they want the account settled. There is so much going on in that account that I just never noticed the 35 bucks coming out every month.

My original plans when opening the business were to sell it after year 2 so there was absolutely no way I signed that lease, I asked them to send me copies of everything with my signature on is. I get the PDF files and they are indeed for a 4 year lease at 35 a month but not only is the signature absolutley nothing like mine but on the print name section they substituted a S for an F in the middle of my last name and the signature is very clearly an S when my actual signature looks like hen scratch.

Before I got the PDF I sent a signed fax, so he had my current signature there and so when I called him back I directed to him my states website for LLC filings where he could download documents with my correct signature from each of the last 4 years.

The guy I have been speaking with is the VP of the company and agrees that the documents were forged. What type of recourse do I have?

Its fraud plain and simple. Plainly tell them you prefer not to seek local authorities about this and would like a clean cut (i.e. cancel contract with no penalties) but that you won't stand for the current tone in which they are treating this situation.

Sodar
06-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Its fraud plain and simple. Plainly tell them you prefer not to seek local authorities about this and would like a clean cut (i.e. cancel contract with no penalties) but that you won't stand for the current tone in which they are treating this situation.

I would also be asking for a refund of the $35 you have been charged for the last 2 years.

mplv
06-10-2009, 09:46 PM
i think im going to try and recover my 30 payments of 35 bucks along with my 30 payments of 30 bucks for the processing. the salesman was local so it will be easy to get the local ******* sherrif involved, he thrives on this type of bs.

h2oskifreak
06-11-2009, 02:40 AM
Deal with your local salesman for relief. If he does nothing, tell hime you are calling the local news
channel. It very well could be the last sale he ever makes in the area. The news or no news go after these turkeys. No room for scum in my world.