PDA

View Full Version : I just could'nt do it!

jixxxer
06-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Well Ive had the boat for sale for a few months, finally had a serious buy offering cash and turned it down! After all we've been thru (the boat and I):D I just couldnt let her go. I realize in my area its very very hard to find a nice mastercraft especailly something under
20K; As I drove 6 hours to get it and this guy was gonna drive 7 hours. This is a great site, and I really feel like part of the MC family, Im on this site many times a day, everyday! So Lookes like Im here to stay!;) Anyways just thought I'd share.

cmw
06-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Wise choice, you would have regretted it. Glad you are staying!

Sodar
06-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Might want to reconsider! Reading through your posts, 99% of them have been the problems you have had with the boat. It has sounded like the boat was hacked into quite nicely and that nothing was really up to par. Maybe sell and find a boat that is in a little better shape. Just thinking outloud!

CameronCarey
06-10-2009, 03:48 PM
I would hate to think you would have to find all those problems again on a new boat........at least you know whats in front of you with the current one.

A boat without problems is a boat with a blissfully ignorant owner..........don't be that guy!

jixxxer
06-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Yea, just what I was thinking.....being my budget is around the 18k range. And in all honesty some of those problems I had was my fault....lol I figure for a couple thousand bucks I can have a really nice and very well equipped prostar and so it begins.....

ccowell
06-11-2009, 09:09 AM
A old guy once told me "a boat is just a hole in the water that you throw money into". I think that no matter what you own your going to have problems with

LYNRDSKYNRD
06-11-2009, 10:38 AM
I was told that boat means Bring On Another Thousand-also form a wise old man.

east tx skier
06-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Might want to reconsider! Reading through your posts, 99% of them have been the problems you have had with the boat. It has sounded like the boat was hacked into quite nicely and that nothing was really up to par. Maybe sell and find a boat that is in a little better shape. Just thinking outloud!

Cameron, I skied behind that boat under prior ownership. I'm not discounting Jixxer's problems in the least, but it performed quite well while I was in it and behind it. Watched the previous owner barefoot behind it long line. It had no trouble with any of the duties. Looking back at my old boat, it had its share of issues that I, like Jixxer, was very proactive in getting solved. My old boat, like Jixxer's 97 was not "babied" like I tend to baby my boats, but I know the previous owner had a pretty firm care regimine, at from what I observed.

I guess I'm saying, with boats, sometimes, when it rains, it pours. Fortunately, there are resources for parts and information that enables we owners of 10 year old plus boats to keep them running well and/or bring them back to new.

My most recent boat purchase was a boat that was somewhat babied. I still dropped a couple of thousand dollars within the first month to get it where I wanted it. That involved new bunk carpet, buffing tip to stern, new prop, new stereo, new speakers, new battery, a couple of new seat skins, new belts, new plug wires and plugs, speed control, trailer touch ups, tires (which I negotiated to be installed before I picked the boat up at my expense). You still save a fortune over buying new. Well worth it.