PDA

View Full Version : Engine shuts down, pretty sure it's electrical.

hkallestad
06-10-2009, 04:07 AM
The other day my engine( 351 PS 190 1989) shut down twice just suddenly. I saw that all gauges lost power when i happened so then it would be on the ignition circuit?? I'll of course check the ignintion switch first, but where to go further? Does the ignition circuit go all the way through the coil etc? Is there a wiring diagram for this engine?

TMCNo1
06-10-2009, 07:44 AM
This is PCM, but Indmar is about the same,

JimN
06-10-2009, 09:43 AM
The other day my engine( 351 PS 190 1989) shut down twice just suddenly. I saw that all gauges lost power when i happened so then it would be on the ignition circuit?? I'll of course check the ignintion switch first, but where to go further? Does the ignition circuit go all the way through the coil etc? Is there a wiring diagram for this engine?

Press on the lanyard where is closes the safety switch. If the gauges come to life, you need a new lanyard.

pkskier
06-10-2009, 11:40 AM
I agree with JimN check your kill switch.

hkallestad
06-19-2009, 05:17 PM
I believe I've found the sinner now, it's the automatic ignition fuse. There is something I can't explain tho, today the engine died, no power on the ignition but the starter worked, and later the starter didnt work either. Shouldnt the ignition fuse kill the starter as well??? Maybe there was halfway contact that atcivated the starter relay?? Anyway I put on a normal fuse and everything is working perfect, I see that my amps are higher on the ampmeter now, so the fuse was in pretty bad shape I guess.