PDA

View Full Version : Ever have one of those days....

Farmer Ted
08-15-2004, 05:59 PM
I never should've gotten out of bed today....

lost wallet and broken boat....

FMWACBS

BriEOD
08-15-2004, 08:35 PM
What's up with the SS Minow?

BriEOD
08-15-2004, 08:36 PM
PS, I hope you photo copied everything in your wallet. I learned that the hard way long ago...

Farmer Ted
08-15-2004, 09:54 PM
Well after canceling all two of my credit cards, turning off my ATM card, and putting a fraud alert out at all three credit reporting agencies I found my pharking wallet.

The boat, well it aint looking good for the home team or at least USAA.
I can tell you that Mastercraft uses pink fiberglass though.

More to come....unfortunately alot more ($$$$)

BriEOD
08-16-2004, 05:56 AM
Wow, that sucks Tim.

What did you hit or do you know? Hang in their buddy...

bradamerry
08-16-2004, 08:20 AM
Will it be fixed for the camping trip? I am having to work on mine this week as well, all I will say is I had to get pulled in Saturday. To make it worse, I got passed by two SN on the way back to camp!! :mad:

MarkP
08-16-2004, 08:47 AM
Pink fiberglass, ouch.. Its not good if you can tell that. Hope insurance will help out..

I guess the bright side, you found the wallet. That’s gotta be a load off.

lakes Rick
08-16-2004, 10:35 AM
I feel your pain......

east tx skier
08-16-2004, 11:14 AM
Tim, been gone to central Texas since Thursday. Emailed you back. Very sorry to hear about your boat. Sent you two names of glass guys. One, who I just used on the FIL's boat, gets a hearty thumbs up from personal experience and a job perfectly done. The other, used to do glass work for MC and SWCC and was recommended to me by another person on the board. But I hear great things about his work.

Thrall
08-16-2004, 02:11 PM
Sorry to hear about the mishap, Farmer. Makes 3 blown tires not sound so bad. Posted this little story on the trlr tires thread.

André
08-16-2004, 04:48 PM
Sorry to read that tim.
Hope everything will be fix quickly...
Good luck!

Farmer Ted
08-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Well first guesstimate is in, just from 4 pictures I sent "no less that $3000"

Waiting for GCWS to get back with me

east tx skier
08-17-2004, 10:36 AM
Man, I'm sorry to hear that.

stevo137
08-17-2004, 01:50 PM
Farmer,
Sorry to hear about that. Insurance should cover it less your deductable and a good glass, gelcoat shop can make it like new.

Leroy
08-18-2004, 08:23 PM
Hope this works out Tim, summers are short enough without down time and problems like this. I've always said you have the best looking MC I have ever seen, hope it's back in shape soon.

Farmer Ted
08-18-2004, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the props Leroy!

I just got back from the dealership in Monroe, they're going to have the glass man do the estimate tomorrow. I have full faith and confidence the boat will be as good as new when I get it back as their man has been with them since the dealership was opened in 76.

They had a Prostar 205 or 209 hull, empty with absolutely nothing in it sitting on the back lot, guess it's going to be a boat on a stick in front of the dealership.

thanks again...

east tx skier
08-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Tim, did you happen to notice if Gus had any 197s on the floor while you were there?

Farmer Ted
08-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Doug,

I didn't even make in past the front office, the new boats they have in back are an X-30, X-9, and a 205V. My daughter was snapping pictures while I was chatting with Bridgette. I'll have to see if any of the pictures turned out. I doubt it though, my daughter is a budding abstract photographer and often takes some very obscure pictures....

east tx skier
08-19-2004, 02:33 PM
We keep meaning to go down there. We called Gus when I had my little accident and he never called us back. He always struck me as a really nice guy who loves nothing more than what he does - Be a MasterCraft Boat Dealer. But this isn't the first time my messages have gone unreturned. Again, he was always very nice when I could get him on the phone. Nonetheless, I'll have to see if he's got some 197s down there as that would make it completely worth a trip to Monroe.

Farmer Ted
08-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Doug,

You need to speak to Bridgette, she's always there and is usually busier than a one legged woman in an @ss kicking contest. Did you follow up? I know when I took the cruiser in to get the rails installed they sold three boats off the showroom floor.

She's done me right several times and that was one of the driving factors of having GCWS fix my boat, I know that she won't do me wrong (that and the insurance dude said, take the boat where you want to get it fixed, so broken MC goes to MC fixer.)

Looks like they've got two,
http://guscampbell.mastercraft.com/mastercraft_inventory.jsp?go=list&x=0.9728248272218268

Are you trading up? Or looking for a test drive?

east tx skier
08-20-2004, 10:42 AM
Good to know. Thanks for the tip. I guess I shouldn't expect an owner to call me back as I'm sure he's busy. He had dealt directly with my father-in-law, who bought his boat from Gus. In the end, SWCC was closer, and so when we didn't hear back from Gus, they got my money. My father in law called him, and I did not follow up. The last time I called them was about some parts for my boat. Don't remember with whom I spoke, but I was promised a return call that never came. It's sort of a pet peave of mine so I usually end up giving my business to the person who calls me back.

Again, Gus has always been really nice to deal with, and I have no doubt that he loves that dealership more than anything. I'd buy stuff from them in the future, but they'll have to call me back first. :steering:

Glad to know they have some 197s down there. Not really planning to trade up, but I would be interested in a test drive. Who knows, they may change my mind. And maybe then, I can be officially qualified to compare ski boats. :)

I'm sure they'll do a great job on your boat. And you've got it right, with the insurance company's money, let the dealer do it.