PDA

View Full Version : X10 wake help

JoelHarrod
06-04-2009, 08:44 AM
I have recently purchased a X10 and have now seen lots of older internet chatter that the wake for wake boarding is subpar....

Anyone have thoughts on this...? If so, I could get some additional ballast tanks but wondering where to place them and how much. Was thinking of two 280 ib fatsacs in the back two storage compartments by the engine...Wondering if this is enough or I need more?

thank you

damaged442
06-04-2009, 09:07 AM
I will gladly let you ride behind my Tristar for a run or two and you can then realize how nice your wake is in comparison! In fact, I'll even trade boats with you to take that X-10 and it's subpar wake off your hands!

Using my friends 94 Maristar 225VRS, we run two 400 lb fat sacs in the storage compartments on either side of the engine, load up with about 6-8 people and off you go. Seems to work well enough for us!

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. If you compare it to an X-Star, it might be subpar. If you put it up against almost anything else out there, it's far from it. Good luck with your new boat! Oh, and put up some pics.

JoelHarrod
06-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks...that is encouraging...I haven't run the boat yet but heard the wake was not that great....good to hear another perspective

x-10ron
06-04-2009, 09:20 AM
My x-10 has no problems making a nice wake with factory ballast and 2-3 people,
Sometimes the guys at the local MC dealer will ride with me, they too had the same impression before riding behind my x-10. They admitted afterward that they where impressed, wakeboarding/wakeskating/and surfing. My boats surf is killer with factory ballast and 3-4 people.
I would recommend throwing more weight up front/middle first if you find it sub-par, then go to the rear.

Maristar210
06-04-2009, 11:59 AM
a 210 with a tower??

Never heard of such a thing ;) but I do know the wake is all this amatuer needs. ;)

jdhunt0
06-04-2009, 02:35 PM
I have a MariStar 210 VRS, same hull I think, and I am happy with my wake. I have (2) 260 lb sacs in the bow under the seats, (1) 340 lb sac in the ski locker, and (2) 550 lb sacs in the engine compartment. It is not a steep wake, more of a ramp, but I like it.