PDA

View Full Version : Air Guide Line with Perfect Pass Install

robisjo
05-23-2005, 06:49 PM
Although I haven't posted very much, I have been reading the board for about ten months. A lot of useful information so I thought I would post a question to a recent issue. I purchased a 1998 30th anniversary edition last September, great boat although the 1985 SS that I just sold had a great wake and was fun to drive. Anyway, the 1998 came with the perfect pass although with the old rectangle display. So I decided to upgrade to an indash display and replace one of the Air Guide Speedos. What do I do with the disconnected air guide speedo line so that water does not come through it? Any suggestions?

cdewet
05-23-2005, 06:54 PM
You can fold it over and zip-tie it in place so it doesn't leak and fall around behind the IP, however, folding it might eventually (and I'm talking years) make the tube crack at the fold.
Another idea is to take a small bolt, about 3/4"-1" long that fits snugly inside the tube and clamp it in there using zip-ties or a small spring clamp.

André
05-23-2005, 08:34 PM
As per Perfect Pass manual,the tubing can be plug using a golf tee!

ski_king
05-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Disconnect from the pitot pickup.

Why not remove the hose and pickup and seal the thru hull holes?

BriEOD
05-23-2005, 08:59 PM

Look at the big brain on Denny! ;)

PeteS
05-24-2005, 05:20 PM
I decieded on a combination of the first two. First, stick a golf tee into the tubing firmly. They put a zip tie around the tubing once the tee is in place.

André
05-24-2005, 05:26 PM

When i 'll trade boats,i intend to keep my perfect pass and just put everything as original... :twocents:

BrianM
05-25-2005, 09:25 AM
I don't play golf so I didn't have a golf tee. I just used a 1" machine screw that was the right size. I put a little dab of silicone on the end and then stuck it in the tube. Followed up with a zip tie for good measure. Doesn't leak a drop. If I ever decide to take out the PP I'll just cut the end off of the tube and I'm good to go.