PDA

View Full Version : Belts for 83 S&S

brookview
06-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Any no the part numbers (Goodyear or gates) for a 83 S&S with 351 PCM both ALt and raw water pump Thanks Dan

Willski
06-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Easiest is to go to your dealer, or skidim.com

Slinkyredfoot
06-02-2009, 09:36 PM
This is a good topic because this has been an issue with my boat since it is back in commission.

Assuming ou have a 351PC, the original belt for the raw water pump iS # R066008, the alternator belt is a very similar number but do not have that right in front of me.

I bought a new water pump belt from skidim.com, problem is the newer belts are a bit wider in profile with the width as well as depth than the older originals, and when trying to install it on the original narrower groove pully, well with the additional depth and width of the new style belt, it seems next to impossible to install on my boat without a pry bar and four hands, just to darn tight and it should not be this way.

I went to NAPA and actually got a lawn mower blade belt with the narrower profile and depth and it fits like a glove and works perfectly, I would have to get the part number this weekend if you want

The new alternator belt is a perfect fit and the people at skidim will know what you need there, but in my case, just be aware if you buy the a new R066008 belt for the raw pump it may be a real bear to use. :twocents: