PDA

View Full Version : engine running rough

rob935
06-01-2009, 04:11 PM
i have a 93 prostar 190 , had its first proper outing this weekend , started and ran perfectly however it started to badly mis fire and eventually died and wouldnt restart.
i firstly thought it was a fuel problem but quickly ruled this out when i found damp inside the distributer cap..... i dried this out and all seemed well but engine just doesnt seem to be running as sweet as it should and seems to have an occasional surge/loss of power at times ,

any ideas or help appreciated as always.

Jimmauburn
06-01-2009, 04:13 PM
I had the same or similar issue and after checking everything I did have bad gas. I pulled the tank and cleaned the carb and it is running better than ever. I had a little dampness in the cap but it wasn't too bad. Check the tank just to make sure you don't have a buildup in the bottom of the tank. I also changed the fuel filter, I have two of them and it never hurts to change them.

rob935
06-02-2009, 05:27 PM
thanks jimmauburn that sounds about right to me , ive bough some fuel treatment today so will give it a bash and see , but will have to clean tank too im sure .

prostar190jap
06-02-2009, 08:14 PM
I had a similar issue when I first took out my PS190 and it turned out to be a dirty carb. This was caused by bad gas.