PDA

View Full Version : Happy Victoria Day Canada!

bcampbe7
05-23-2005, 01:20 PM
My calendar tells me it's Victoria Day in Canada today, or is it???
Google tells me that Victoria Day is actually May 24th, unless that falls on a Sunday, then it would be May 25th.

Do you all get the day off, or do just the bank employees get the day off?

bradamerry
05-23-2005, 02:16 PM
My calendar tells me it's Victoria Day in Canada today, or is it???
Google tells me that Victoria Day is actually May 24th, unless that falls on a Sunday, then it would be May 25th.

Do you all get the day off, or do just the bank employees get the day off?
Maybe everybody is off! Could be out sking...

bcampbe7
05-23-2005, 02:17 PM
Maybe everybody is off! Could be out sking...

Quite possible!
Could be just ignoring my ignorance though. :D

bradamerry
05-23-2005, 02:21 PM
Quite possible!
Could be just ignoring my ignorance though. :D
Well, at least I joined you!!! We have the power, it's called The LIST!!! ;)

bcampbe7
05-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Well, at least I joined you!!! We have the power, it's called The LIST!!! ;)

Yeah buddy!
Is that website of any help?

bradamerry
05-23-2005, 02:25 PM
Been to busy to look! Looks like we will be buying the house we had backed out of early this week. I had said good bye to the duck boat and the camper will see an auction next week on ebay..

bcampbe7
05-23-2005, 02:27 PM
Awesome! Good luck. Sounds like you know, but close at the end of the month if you can!

bradamerry
05-23-2005, 02:36 PM
Awesome! Good luck. Sounds like you know, but close at the end of the month if you can!
Why??? :confused:

bcampbe7
05-23-2005, 03:01 PM
Why??? :confused:

Maybe it varies by State, but here in Tennessee you are taxed for each day left in the month that you buy the house. If you close at the end of the month you only pay tax for the days left in the month. We saved quite-a-bit of money closing toward the end of the month. It's a timing game though because you don't want the powers that be to drag their feet and instead of closing at the end of the month you close at the beginning of the next month.

This is the way I understood it...

bradamerry
05-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Maybe it varies by State but here in Tennessee you are taxed by the day for the month that you bought the house. If you close at the end of the month you only pay tax for the days left in the month. We saved quite-a-bit of money closing toward the end of the month. It's a timing game though because you don't want the powers that be to drag their feet and instead of closing at the end of the month you close at the beginning of the next month.

This is the way I understood it...
I see.... I will look into this, Thanks!!!

André
05-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Yes ,it's Queen 's Victoria birthday holiday here and almost everybody is off.It's also call Patriots day in Québec since our Loyalist (sp) spirit is long gone here...

bradamerry
05-23-2005, 03:09 PM
Yes ,it's Queen 's Victoria birthday holiday here and almost everybody is off.It's also call Patriots day in Québec since our Loyalist (sp) spirit is long gone here...
So Andre', are you sking today??

André
05-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Weather is bad,cold and windy,sometimes raining but trying to convince Nathalie to drive is the hard part...Season is not begin yet and i hear whining already...

bradamerry
05-23-2005, 03:26 PM
Weather is bad,cold and windy,sometimes raining but trying to convince Nathalie to drive is the hard part...Season is not begin yet and i hear whining already...
Sorry dude... :(