PDA

View Full Version : Tims Ford, TN

bcampbe7
05-23-2005, 10:18 AM
OK, I was out this weekend and saw about 7 different MC's on the lake, not including my PS190 and a club member's 197TT. Anyone on here go to Tims Ford?

Met a guy who wanted to join the ski club with an '05 197 (red/white). What a sweet boat that is!!!

Saw 3 different MariStars and what I thought was a TriStar.

Saw an X-30 (dark blue/white) and an X-10 (yellow/white).

jayocheskey
05-23-2005, 10:22 AM
Can't say I've every been to a lake in TN, but I'd really like to sometime.

Cousin_Jeff
05-23-2005, 11:43 AM
I wasn't out there this weekend but I am out there quite often. I usually am between Holiday Marina and Tim's Ford Marina. I love that lake. I love being able to play golf at the Bear Trace in the morning and then ski that afternoon. What a great way to spend the day. My wife usually drives the boat up to the 18th hole and watches us finish up. Nothing cooler than finishing a round of golf on a great course and looking out to see your boat in the cove waiting for you.

My cousin has a Gray and Black '85 Stars and Stripes and he is out there often as well.

Flag us down if you see us.

bcampbe7
05-23-2005, 11:52 AM
Bear Trace is a sweet course. We play it a few times a year.

I will surely flag you down if I see ya!

I live about 6 miles from Holiday Marina as well as the Pleasant Grove ramp. We generally put in at Pleasant Grove since the course is in that area. We will have to hit Blue Gill Grill one evening!

Cousin_Jeff
05-23-2005, 12:24 PM
I sent you a pm about Tims Ford.

JB3
06-12-2005, 01:41 AM
We were going to Tim's every weekend, but recently we joined the ski club at Woods. Tim's is a great lake! A lot of traffic at times, but late in the evening can be great skiing.

bcampbe7
06-20-2005, 11:44 AM
We were going to Tim's every weekend, but recently we joined the ski club at Woods. Tim's is a great lake! A lot of traffic at times, but late in the evening can be great skiing.

JB-
Let me know when you head out to Tims again. You are probably aware, but, there is also a ski club on Tims, if your interested in joining, let me know.
I am fairly close to Woods also, but use Tims pretty much exclusively.

Reece _O_Matic
07-05-2005, 10:47 AM
Tims Ford is where I learned to Kneeboard a long time ago and from what I remember it was very beautiful. Center Hill Lake is my stomping ground though.

bcampbe7
07-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Tims Ford is where I learned to Kneeboard a long time ago and from what I remember it was very beautiful. Center Hill Lake is my stomping ground though.

Never been on Center Hill. I have heard it is beautiful though...

I saw a sweet 05 X-10 on Tims Ford this weekend. Has what appeared to be some good wakeboarders being pulled. Are you a TMC member?

Reece _O_Matic
07-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Never been on Center Hill. I have heard it is beautiful though...

I saw a sweet 05 X-10 on Tims Ford this weekend. Has what appeared to be some good wakeboarders being pulled. Are you a TMC member?
I don't believe im a TMC member. Not really sure what it is exactly. Haha. Was it crowded on the lake this weekend? I could hardly find a decent place to ski with all the jetskis and tubers in the coves.

Reece _O_Matic
07-06-2005, 02:31 AM
Test. For my sig.

bcampbe7
07-06-2005, 08:18 AM
I don't believe im a TMC member. Not really sure what it is exactly. Haha. Was it crowded on the lake this weekend? I could hardly find a decent place to ski with all the jetskis and tubers in the coves.

Member of this website, not necessarily a paying member. :)

Lake was pretty crowded. We were able to occassionally get away from the crazies long enough to ski and wakeboard some.

bcampbe7
07-06-2005, 08:19 AM
Test. For my sig.

Works except for that "WAR EAGLE!" stuff. UT grad here...

Just busting your chops a bit. :)

BigBarney
07-08-2005, 02:21 PM
My family has had a house on Tim's Ford since the 70's. It has been passed down to me and we have been rebuilding since last year. This will be the 2nd summer that I have missed out. It's killing me to not be on the water. We live in Leatherwood.

I'v got a iris X-30 (stored now). Can't wait to get back out there. It's a great lake!

LakePirate
07-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Test. For my sig.

Failed Miserably.

GO BIG ORANGE!

smsunman1
07-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Here at Badin Lake NC MC's are all thats around besides a few BUs and richard petty's supra

Reece _O_Matic
07-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Failed Miserably.

GO BIG ORANGE!
All I gotta say is 2

bcampbe7
07-15-2005, 08:11 PM
My family has had a house on Tim's Ford since the 70's. It has been passed down to me and we have been rebuilding since last year. This will be the 2nd summer that I have missed out. It's killing me to not be on the water. We live in Leatherwood.

I'v got a iris X-30 (stored now). Can't wait to get back out there. It's a great lake!

I will stop by and offer you a pull!

BigBarney
07-18-2005, 08:23 AM
I almost had my wife talked into renting a camper and spending the weekends at TF. But with 3 kids, she said no - probably saved our marriage. My brother-in-law said that he has been seeing alot mor MC's on the lake this year than in the past. He said someone has a killer X-45! Now I know that I need to get back in the water.

bcampbe7
07-18-2005, 10:52 AM
I almost had my wife talked into renting a camper and spending the weekends at TF. But with 3 kids, she said no - probably saved our marriage. My brother-in-law said that he has been seeing alot mor MC's on the lake this year than in the past. He said someone has a killer X-45! Now I know that I need to get back in the water.

I too have been seeing quite-a-few more MC's on Tims. I was out yesterday and I think I saw that X-45. Is it blue/white. I was quite a ways away from it but could make out the 05 tower and a bit of the "X" graphics on the side.
Where is Leatherwood are you? There is a new house being built that looks very nice. I will look for you when I'm out.

BigBarney
07-18-2005, 02:43 PM
That fits the description of the X45 that my b-i-l was telling me about.

There is a floating dock (at least I hope it is still floating!!!) out from our house that I had put in a couple of years ago. It is a double decker with a boat and PWC lifts. If you get close enough to the boat lift, you will see my "Mastercraft Parking Only" sign.

We are just to the right of the point. That is probably our house that you see. Do you know Scott Smith?

bcampbe7
07-18-2005, 02:58 PM
That fits the description of the X45 that my b-i-l was telling me about.

There is a floating dock (at least I hope it is still floating!!!) out from our house that I had put in a couple of years ago. It is a double decker with a boat and PWC lifts. If you get close enough to the boat lift, you will see my "Mastercraft Parking Only" sign.

We are just to the right of the point. That is probably our house that you see. Do you know Scott Smith?

No, don't know Scott Smith...
I will look for your sign.

walkedl
08-04-2005, 12:49 AM
Hi guys,

I'm in the process of relocating to Nashville. I was thinking of getting a place on Old Hickory. I have a friend that has a place on Tim's Ford, but that makes for a quite the commute! Does anyone have any feedback on Old Hick vs. Piercey P. ?? Thanks!

Reece _O_Matic
08-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Hi guys,

I'm in the process of relocating to Nashville. I was thinking of getting a place on Old Hickory. I have a friend that has a place on Tim's Ford, but that makes for a quite the commute! Does anyone have any feedback on Old Hick vs. Piercey P. ?? Thanks!

Im not too sure, I have head that Old Hickory is trashy or dirty. Both will probably be a bit crowded. Center Hill Lake is east of Lebenon if you want to check it out.