PDA

View Full Version : impeller?

hawaiianstiln
05-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Just bought an X2 with MCX engine. I did some searching but figured I should just post up since I was not having any luck after while.

Is there a place or link to some of the parts for services?

I have some leftover parts from my Malibu VLX and was wondering if the impeller (johnson 812 I think) would still be good for this engine.

Engine only has 42 hours on it and bought it used. I was just going to replace the impeller and change oil for the heck of it and wait a while for the other service stuff since it still has low hours.

Keith

Craig
05-30-2009, 11:48 PM
www.skidim.com

Search for impeller, you will find what you need. If you are not certain it is the right part, call them Monday morning, they have excellent customer service.

hawaiianstiln
05-31-2009, 12:07 AM
yep, i'm very familiar with skidim, but just wasn't sure if someone had posted on this forum, parts for the average popular service, etc..

example: vdrive belt number, fuel filter number, oil filter number, impeller, spark plug, etc...

bigmac
05-31-2009, 09:22 AM
The oil filter is pretty standard for the Indmar engines. It's been discussed here, but the PZ-3 that Indmar and MC recommend is made by Fram, and generally is not highly regarded - but they have a marketing agreement with Pennzoil which is why there are Pennzoil stickers all over the engine compartment. There are better alternatives out there...my preference has been the Wix 51064 or the NAPA Gold 1064 (same filter). The raw water pump is the same Johnson pump as on the Malibu and the impeller is indeed the 812

The MCX is basically the same engine as the Malibu Monsoon and all of the parts like belts etc can be found in Indmar's operator's manual, which can be downloaded at http://indmar.com/About/ContactIndmar/Manual_2003_Presentweb.pdf.

hawaiianstiln
05-31-2009, 02:33 PM
Thanks Bigmac! That helps because I had the monsoon in the Malibu and still have an extra vdrive belt, thermostat, two impellers and a an extra fuel filter. I was going to give these to a buddy, but maybe I will keep them since I might be able to use them in the future.

Yah, I didn't like using that PZ-3 on the Monsoon. Matter of fact, every now and then it would crumble when I tried to take the filter back off. I used the NAPA gold 1064 most of the time.

thanks,
Keith

bigmac
05-31-2009, 03:11 PM
Thanks Bigmac! That helps because I had the monsoon in the Malibu and still have an extra vdrive belt, thermostat, two impellers and a an extra fuel filter. I was going to give these to a buddy, but maybe I will keep them since I might be able to use them in the future.

Yah, I didn't like using that PZ-3 on the Monsoon. Matter of fact, every now and then it would crumble when I tried to take the filter back off. I used the NAPA gold 1064 most of the time.

thanks,
Keith

The fuel filter is a different concept. MasterCraft's in-tank electric pump has only one filter and it's on the bottom of the pump module, meaning the whole thing has to be pulled out of the fuel tank to change it. There is no in-line filter after the pump. The newer boats use a different fuel pump than previous, but the older ones were notorious for pump failure and MC has recommended that we don't let the tank get below 1/4 tank.