PDA

View Full Version : 3rd time out w/ X-10...whatcha think?

H2OGirl
05-23-2005, 09:32 AM
This is yesterday 5-22, first out with X-10 with no problems. Finally got to try out that wake. We have factory ballast full with about 400ish pounds in the bow. I think I see some smiles on some faces...not sure though :D Only bad part is it was windy as hell so the water was really rough...didn't matter we had a blast. Good tunes, cold beer and our friends!!

This is Lance...our second time out for the season

H2OGirl
05-23-2005, 09:34 AM
and our friend Dan

bradamerry
05-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Glad to see you guys got to board this time out...

H2OGirl
05-23-2005, 09:36 AM
and me...I'm not so good :(

MinnX-10
05-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Huge congrats on a way too long delayed 1st time out! Enjoy! You will love that boat more and more as you progress! We started out with a "boat board" and within one year, we all (including my wife...) have our own boards set up the way we like them! Again, sorry it took so long, but it must have been great getting out there! (BTW... who got the first ride behind the boat?

H2OGirl
05-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Our friend Jason de-virginized the boat. Actually Lance and I went last.
Sorry I dont' have any good shots of us in the boat, all the picts are of the action behind the boat.

H2OGirl
05-23-2005, 10:11 AM
Huge congrats on a way too long delayed 1st time out! Enjoy! You will love that boat more and more as you progress! We started out with a "boat board" and within one year, we all (including my wife...) have our own boards set up the way we like them! Again, sorry it took so long, but it must have been great getting out there! (BTW... who got the first ride behind the boat?
We started out two years ago all sharing a friends board, by the end of the year a couple had bought their own boards. Lance and I each both bought our own last year...this year we have a wakeskate too. We played with that a little too yesterday. I tried it for the first time yesterday...I still need A LOT of practice. :D

bcampbe7
05-23-2005, 10:25 AM
We started out two years ago all sharing a friends board, by the end of the year a couple had bought their own boards. Lance and I each both bought our own last year...this year we have a wakeskate too. We played with that a little too yesterday. I tried it for the first time yesterday...I still need A LOT of practice. :D

Awesome shots!

Wakeskating if hard! My advice is the wear some old shoes, or buy wakeskating shoes. I busted some toes about 2 years ago on a wakeskate.

east tx skier
05-23-2005, 10:54 AM
Thank goodness. I was all prepared for round three when I opened this thread. Glad to see it's good news. Congrats!

jayocheskey
05-23-2005, 10:54 AM
H20girl, does Dan ride a Parks, Hyperlite? I noticed the fin pattern.

H2OGirl
05-24-2005, 12:09 PM
H20girl, does Dan ride a Parks, Hyperlite? I noticed the fin pattern.
Yes he does Parks board and bindings, it is last years model, I have last years Bylerly board and bindings, anyone have an opinion on the wire set up on the bindings and how they tighten up. Lance has an '03 Shaun Murray board and high back bindings.

LakePirate
05-24-2005, 12:24 PM
Glad to see that your friends finally believe that you have a boat. :D

bcampbe7
05-24-2005, 01:45 PM
Yes he does Parks board and bindings, it is last years model, I have last years Bylerly board and bindings, anyone have an opinion on the wire set up on the bindings and how they tighten up. Lance has an '03 Shaun Murray board and high back bindings.

Is yours the Byerly with the cut-outs? How do you like it/them?

H2OGirl
05-25-2005, 10:40 AM
Is yours the Byerly with the cut-outs? How do you like it/them?
It is the one with the cut-outs. As far as riding goes, I suck and I am just learning to ride so I don't know if I would know if it is a better board than another. As far as the cut-outs go, well the board is nicknamend the interior shredder. You have to be really carefull with it in the boat cause those points are really sharp and will rip vinyl and when the board is in the board racks the rope gets caught in the cut-outs so you really have to watch that and make sure you don't take off like that. I read somewhere on this board where someone took off with the rope caught and it ripped the board in half.

sizzler
05-25-2005, 10:43 AM
It is the one with the cut-outs. As far as riding goes, I suck and I am just learning to ride so I don't know if I would know if it is a better board than another. As far as the cut-outs go, well the board is nicknamend the interior shredder. You have to be really carefull with it in the boat cause those points are really sharp and will rip vinal and when the board is in the board racks the rope gets caught in the cut-outs so you really have to watch that and make sure you don't take off like that. I read somewhere on this board where someone took off with the rope caught and it ripped the board in half.

that would be me

BriEOD
05-25-2005, 10:46 AM
Dang Peter!! :eek:

sizzler
05-25-2005, 10:55 AM
yeah...ntg but bad news with the board.....got a buddy of mine to bring it back from the states last year........after 2 or 3 times out the laminate on the bottom started to come away at the edges,,these in turn scratched the engine box cover,when some "novice" couldn't be bovvered to put it in the racks for me .....then i/my observer failed to notice the rope had got caught round the fin and when i pulled out it ripped straight thru the back of it....i was thinking of sending it to hyperlite for the laminate problems,but nowhere over here will touch it because i bought it in the US...i also forgot who i ordered it from..barts/wylies???.........i'm turning it into a seat..... :cool:

Tom023
05-25-2005, 11:07 AM
Sizzler, send it back. My experience with Hyperlite and HO has been nothing but positive. The have always gone the extra mile in helping me, even when I had a 15 year old binding break, they fixed it for free. Shipping a board shouldn't be that hard, but I have a friend in downtown London who flies to the States twice a month, so maybe I could convince him to take it as checked luggage and drop it off at a UPS location.

sizzler
05-25-2005, 11:09 AM
thats most kind.....i'll get in touch with hyperlite

H2OGirl
05-25-2005, 11:14 AM
I hear Hyperlite is good to work with, I had a friend that had a board delaminate too, he had it replaced at no charge.

sizzler
06-01-2005, 12:47 PM
ive e-mailed steve allen at ho sports ...hopefully they will get back to me with what i want to hear

bcampbe7
06-01-2005, 01:00 PM
ive e-mailed steve allen at ho sports ...hopefully they will get back to me with what i want to hear

Are Hyperlite and HO Sports the same company?!?

Tom023
06-01-2005, 03:19 PM
Same mailing address so I think that would qualify as a "yes"

AirJunky
06-01-2005, 03:28 PM
HO Sports is the parent co. for Hyperlite, HO Skis, & Accurate Lines.

aprgriggs
06-01-2005, 10:09 PM
glad to see you got out on the water....enjoy it.

H2OGirl
06-02-2005, 09:17 AM
Good news the more we use the boat the more and more we love it. We are getting out as much as possible. We have several friends that we board with who also all have boats so we don't take our as much as we'd like too, they all like to use their boats too so we rotate. Still like ours best. It's the biggest and puts out the best wake. They all have DD ski boats so we weight them down with fat sacks and no tower so the boards are always all in the way too. It's still a good time just being out hanging on the water getting some boarding in.

I am finally going to be better at something than all the guys I ride with, I'm kicking Bu** on the wakeskate compared to them. Not that I can do anything, but I can stay on longer than them, I have better balance.

H2OGirl
06-02-2005, 09:20 AM
More good news...we have spoken with Redline Watersports yesterday and they will be placing our order for the new '06 on Monday. This is almost over....yeah. Hopefully the boat will go into production right away and they will deliver it ASAP. Looking forward to having this situation fully resolved and taken care of, no more worries just fun in the sun!! :D

Leroy
06-02-2005, 09:29 AM
H20GIRL

So after all of this MC is replacing it or you wanted a new one? I thought you were settled down with the engine swap.

H2OGirl
06-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Leroy, all along Lance and I wanted a new boat from the first problem way back in the beginning of April. MC wasn't willing to replace the boat then, they offered a new engine/tran. We agreed to let them do the swap because we were not ready to take it to court for a new boat. Then engine/tran swap didn't go so well, take a look back at the 2nd time out thread. There are still lots of things wrong with this '05 boat. After the engine swap we took boat out for first time and it woudn't start. That is when MC agreed to replace this boat, they offered us a replacement or a full buy back. We decided we like the MC we wanted to say with them so we agreed to the replacement, they couldn't get us an '05, all sold out so they offered to build us an '06. This is going to be a warranty replancement. We are still using the '05 until the '06 is delivered. The '05 (problem child) has been fixed well enough to run and use but is still has some issues. We are happy to be rid of it, someone will get a great boat at a good price I bet. Did I mention that we are no longer dealing with Powerhouse in LaCrosse for obvious reasons, the new '06 will be delivered through Redline Watersports in Madison, WI and Redline will be fixing all the things that are wrong with the '05 and will be selling it.

Some of the things that are wrong with the '05...most of the interior panel screws are stipped out, they put a small gouge in the tansom, the spark plug wires all have burn marks on them from laying on the exhaust manifolds, the shift cable needs to be replaced it is burnt through from laying on manifolds, we are still taking water on from somewhere...we haven't figured it out yet but when we pull the plug after being out for two hours we have 6-10 gallons of water in hull, the bilge has kicked on a couple of times. I've been talking with MC and Redline tring to figure out where we are taking water on. I know there are a few other minor things wrong with this boat but I am at a loss for right now. They are all things that can be fixed, but we are glad it is going to be someone else's problem and we just get to start fresh and believe me we are not going to make some of the same mistakes twice.

Leroy
06-03-2005, 10:08 AM
H20girl; Thanks, now I understand, knew there were a couple of problems but thought you had worked through them.

That was my first recommendation along with many others, new boat, glad to see this work out. It's a big step for a company to do what MC just did.

Looks like you and Lance are enjoying the summer and then you get a new boat! Weather permitting, last day of school for kids at noon today and we will be out (4th day this week :D )!

H2OGirl
06-03-2005, 10:40 AM
It's kind of funny, I'm tickled pink that MC is replacing this boat, yet I am a bit nervous too, our boat was perfect (almost just one hose wasn't quite right) when we took delivery and I have heard some horror stories about the new boat deliveries and their condition. I'm a little nervous about starting all over. I know....we are getting a new boat, get over it!! It's just Lance and I have terrible luck with new boats.

We will be looking this boat over with a fine tooth comb before leaving the dealership, we are taking this one out for it's first run with a represenative from the dealership along and we are dealing with a new dealership, I think that about sums up all the previous mistakes we made....anyone want to add to our "to do list".

We've got to make sure this one goes right. I am sure the dealership will not make the same mistakes the previous one did.

rjfenger
06-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Do you know what is different between the '05 X-10 and the '06?

H2OGirl
06-05-2005, 06:46 PM
yes, there isn't going to be many changes to the '06 X-10. Pretty much going to be the same boat. The graphic will be different on the boat.

skeeler
06-07-2005, 11:52 AM
and me...I'm not so good :(
Any more pics of you riding? :D