PDA

View Full Version : Crankshaft LT1 PLEASE HELP

mpwonka
05-28-2009, 02:48 AM
I had a low end knock coming from my engine in my 96 225VRS, After I pulled the engine out I found a bad rod and and piston, There is some damage to the crank also , can anyone guide me to the best place to get a piston and crank , Also does the crank and piston have to be a marine part or can those be interchanged ????

billr
05-28-2009, 08:06 AM
Should be able to go to your local Chevy dealer. Internal parts shoul be the same as a Corvette.

blackcreek
05-29-2009, 06:57 AM
Take the crankshaft and rods to your local auto machine shop. Depending on damage the crank can be turned and new oversize rod and main bearings installed. The rod can be resized or replaced, I would check all of the rods and block bores while the engine is apart. With new main and rod bearings, new oil pump and a set of new rings the block will be like new. If you have the block bored for a new set of pistons the block will be new. The shop will be able to source all the parts you need cheaply. I use precision crankshaft in Jacksonville for machine work.

mpwonka
05-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Thanks so far I found two new rods one replacement piston and crank new oil pump around $375.00 . Still looking but the weather is nice so I hope to have her back on the water by next weekend !! Thanks for the info keep it coming