PDA

View Full Version : Engine problems on 2005 X-45

burkely74
05-27-2009, 01:51 AM
I just purchased a 2005 X-45. During the test drive and 1 other time on the lake, the boat drove fantastic. However, over the weekend after about an hour on the lake, the boat started to cut out and lose power. Now when I give full thottle, the boat has no power and cuts out till it gets over 4000 RPMs. If I go straight, it will eventually get speed up, but loses power anytime I turn. I thought it may be bad fuel, so I put some sea foam in but that hasn't helped any. I also pulled the fuel filter out, but haven't put the new one on to see if that was the issue. I have been told it may be the spark plugs, or possibly the fuel pump. I don't mind replacing the plugs, but don't want to spend the money if that may not be the issue. The boat only has 129 hours.

Any help would be appreciated. Weather is getting to nice here to have a broken boat!!

bwatso01
07-27-2009, 02:59 PM
I just purchased a 2005 X-45. During the test drive and 1 other time on the lake, the boat drove fantastic. However, over the weekend after about an hour on the lake, the boat started to cut out and lose power. Now when I give full thottle, the boat has no power and cuts out till it gets over 4000 RPMs. If I go straight, it will eventually get speed up, but loses power anytime I turn. I thought it may be bad fuel, so I put some sea foam in but that hasn't helped any. I also pulled the fuel filter out, but haven't put the new one on to see if that was the issue. I have been told it may be the spark plugs, or possibly the fuel pump. I don't mind replacing the plugs, but don't want to spend the money if that may not be the issue. The boat only has 129 hours.

Any help would be appreciated. Weather is getting to nice here to have a broken boat!!

Did you ever get this issue resolved?....having a similar issue on an 08 x-45.

snork
07-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Whats the deal with so many Mastercrafts having problems? :confused: I guess I am fortunate that mines still running well. Knocking on wood.