PDA

View Full Version : HO Truth

kentsmith12
05-22-2005, 11:13 PM
I just starting skiing on my 68'' HO Truth w/ animal bindings. The ski is great and the bindings are incredible. I'm an intermediate skier but want to get to the next level, now that I can ski again/ more. My wife and I have a 20mo. boy, which has put a dent in our skiing.

I ski goofy and usually between 32-35 mph - so my wife says - she's usually the driver. My first day I hit it pretty hard, I guess so hard that the next day, my left leg (rear) calf was killing me when I was on my off side. I haven't used a spray leg (HO). My current settings are front boot one up and rear boot one back from the factory settings. I haven't touched the fin settings.
1. Anyone have a boot set up "goofy" that might help?
2. Do spay legs by HO help?

Thanks.

betsy&david Harrison
05-22-2005, 11:46 PM
I just starting skiing on my 68'' HO Truth w/ animal bindings. The ski is great and the bindings are incredible. I'm an intermediate skier but want to get to the next level, now that I can ski again/ more. My wife and I have a 20mo. boy, which has put a dent in our skiing.

I ski goofy and usually between 32-35 mph - so my wife says - she's usually the driver. My first day I hit it pretty hard, I guess so hard that the next day, my left leg (rear) calf was killing me when I was on my off side. I haven't used a spray leg (HO). My current settings are front boot one up and rear boot one back from the factory settings. I haven't touched the fin settings.
1. Anyone have a boot set up "goofy" that might help?
2. Do spay legs by HO help?

Thanks.

BEWARE of that ski...my good friend just dumped his for $50.00. This is after he sprained his ankle twice and another time it bucked him off so badly that he ended up with stitches in his head. This same guy skies at 32 off/34mph. He is a good skier. The ski would just jam him up something awful. On the topic of the weenie-sock...I use one and love it. I'm the princess and the pea when it comes to spray-leg pain. I tough all the rest of the pain out. Betsy

east tx skier
05-22-2005, 11:55 PM
My wife skis goofy on an 04 Truth at those speeds and really likes it. Never had it jam up and never been dumped. I know there are many out there that were not pleased with the truth though. She likes it.

USC8791
05-23-2005, 12:10 AM
Fight through the spray leg pain. It will toughen up and won't be a problem after a few outings. Just part of the new ski season fun!

betsy&david Harrison
05-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Fight through the spray leg pain. It will toughen up and won't be a problem after a few outings. Just part of the new ski season fun!
No Can Do for me...WUSS! I get all bruised up and can't touch it with anything. I have no fat in that area for protection. I tried it the other day just to see if I could stick it out this time...I was purple for days! B

6ballsisall
05-23-2005, 12:26 AM
I have the Phantom Truth with the Superfeet Bindings. Love the bindings, still learning to ski the ski after my old Mach 1. Great ski in my opinion, I'll like it more once I figure out how to set it up.

kentsmith12
05-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Thanks - I've never used a spray leg before... I was just curious if they are effective; after a few more weeks I won't even notice; however, I'm sure all my hair will be gone on that leg!

Anyone have any luck with different binding settings?

Thanks.

6ballsisall
05-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Thanks - I've never used a spray leg before... I was just curious if they are effective; after a few more weeks I won't even notice; however, I'm sure all my hair will be gone on that leg!

Anyone have any luck with different binding settings?

Thanks.

I have my back binding set at a little angle and really like that as compared to straight like my old Mach 1. It really makes a difference in my off side turn.

I 've never had problems with the spray on the leg thing. What's it feel like? I cut pretty good but don't get this. Am I doing something wrong? Are you suppose to get it?

kentsmith12
05-23-2005, 12:47 PM
Do you ski regular or goofy? Did you angle your back binding left or right, one whole? I ski goofy and one of the prior adjustments I did move my back foot (left) one hole to the right, which helped with the spray but it made it harder to cut on my off side - so I moved it back to the middle.

I think the spray is pretty common if you ski goofy - HO makes a product for it, therefore, it must be common. If you don't have any spray issues be happy. It hurts like a son-of-a-gun...

east tx skier
05-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Try asking the question about binding placement here (http://waterski.nicholls.edu/waterski/). Eddie Roberts of HO tends to post over there quite regularly and will probably be able to offer you some setup numbers for your ski. It probably wouldn't hurt to mention the name "Eddie" in your post title.

skisix@38
05-23-2005, 03:10 PM
HO's tend to want to be ridden on the tail and so having your front boot forward would be contrary to popular convention. Try moving you front boot back two holes and leave the back one where it is. This shouls help the ski maintain your width before you turn and give you a smoother turn without the ski stalling and then you getting pulled out the front. East TX is right about asking Eddie for the exact fin measurements in your water conditions.

kentsmith12
05-24-2005, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the input. East Texas skier -ever heard of lake cypress springs?

east tx skier
05-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Yes, Lake Cypress Springs is a beautiful set of lakes. We attended the South central regionals there last year. There are some pictures of it here. (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=43&highlight=regionals)