PDA

View Full Version : NE Alabama / SE TN

thwack
05-23-2009, 09:57 PM
Tim's Ford Lake (Tullahoma, TN), Logan Martin (Cropwell, AL), Lake Guntersville (Scottsboro / Stevenson, AL). If you find yourself on one of these lakes on the weekends, we're usually on one of the three. Always looking to meet new people.

mgurley
05-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Tim's Ford Lake (Tullahoma, TN), Logan Martin (Cropwell, AL), Lake Guntersville (Scottsboro / Stevenson, AL). If you find yourself on one of these lakes on the weekends, we're usually on one of the three. Always looking to meet new people.

We are normally on Smith...if you have never been you should get out sometime. Unbelievably deep, clear water.

thwack
05-26-2009, 11:16 AM
I've heard several people talk about Smith Lake, but I've never been there myself. It's near Cullman, right? Where is a good public boat ramp? What are the best areas to look into for wakeboarding?

wakewander
05-26-2009, 11:24 AM
We are going to have a big group down there (Smith Lake) this weekend. We have rented out i think four cabins at Smith Lake campground. We will be wake boarding and on the lake all weekend long. The more the better. I am also looking for a extended pole for my new stars and stripes. If you know of an extra one for a good price please let me know.

thwack
05-26-2009, 11:59 AM
I have a "fly high" pole (the one in my profile pic) that I just took off of my 78 S&S. It has sleeves that slide over the existing ski pole and bolts down (easy on and off). I just put a new Big Air tower on my boat so I don't really need the pole any longer. Where do you guys put in on Smith Lake?

wakewander
05-26-2009, 12:56 PM
We usually put in there at the Smith Lake Campground. There is a good ramp to put in with. Like i said we are staying in cabins there. really good facilities. If you want to get rid of it, and give me a good price i will get it from you. i have a 1984 s&s. http://www.cullmancountyparks.com/smithlake.htm#directions

mgurley
05-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Smith lake park is a good ramp but crowded...there is another public ramp at the dam it can be crowded too if theres a fishing tournament. Plenty of good spots to wakeboard, ski, or whatever your into...

thwack
05-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Sounds great...I'll have to check it out...may just head that way Saturday instead of going to Tim's Ford (by the way, it's a beautifal lake if you're ever in that area). Wakewander - have an email or something where I could send you some pics of the pole so you'll know better what it is?

thwack
05-26-2009, 09:59 PM
I've decided to try out Smith this weekend. May head down Friday, but will definately be there Saturday. I'll be coming in from the east. Any more recommendations on the best place to put in / places to go. Definately don't know the water, so don't want to find myself somewhere that I don't need to be.

mgurley
05-27-2009, 11:15 AM
I probably won't be out there this weekend or I would offer to meet you...you may want to get with wakewander if he's gonna be out. Coming from the east the park is a good place to put in.

The lake is at full pool and there are very few shallow spots...you'll be fine either way the few hazards are clearly marked and at full pool really aren't an issue anyhow...

Have fun...

thwack
05-27-2009, 11:43 AM
I appreciate the info. I'll try it out this weekend and maybe catch you down there one weekend.

mgurley
05-28-2009, 03:33 PM
I appreciate the info. I'll try it out this weekend and maybe catch you down there one weekend.

You'll love it...I'll catch you next time...

thwack
05-30-2009, 01:18 AM
I'll be at Smith tomorrow, hopefully by lunch. If anyone else is there enjoying the day, look for the old S&S flying the Auburn and American flag. If things go as I think they will, I'll be seeing you guys out there more often. Happy boating and hope to see you.

FoggyNogginz
06-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Smith Lake is Awesome! We go there once per year and rent a house from VRBO.com. There are not any "bad places" to be on that lake really, and the water is super clean too.

KC

FoggyNogginz
06-22-2009, 10:36 PM
We are almost always in Mine Lick Creek on Center Hill Lake. Just look for the Red X9 and swing on over!

P.S. I am on Old Hickory during the week too ;-)

KC

wakewander
07-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Smith Lake adventure once again peoples'. This Saturday, fun in the sun and fireworks!

MCkid
07-07-2009, 01:10 AM
oh cool, im headin down to smith lake july 28 im from tn

wakewander
07-07-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm pretty sure that is the weekend we will be camping out at the Smith Lake Campground again. Prices are super reasonable and worth staying there all weekend to catch the early morning glass.

MCkid
07-07-2009, 07:02 PM
we need to rent some jet skis

BamaCraft
07-08-2009, 01:44 PM
I dont know of any jet ski rentals, only a few boat rentals. You staying at the campgrounds at the smith lake park or over by miller flats? I will ask around for you.

BamaCraft
07-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Ryan Creek Marina 256 287 2244
Lakeshore 205 489 2462
Duskin Point 205 384 6942
Nelems Marine 205 221-3072

Try one of the above. East side of the lake is Ryan Creek Marina. The others are toward or near Jasper. At least they might steer you in the right direction. there is also going to be a Poker Run over there on the 25th of July. Heard its really fun, plus all $$ goes to charities. Duskin or Melems can help with the Poker Run info..

Good Luck