PDA

View Full Version : A great weekend...but...

juju151
05-22-2005, 06:45 PM
I got in trouble for using my Skylon. I didn't see that in the POA rules, but apparently they don't allow them here. I can understand the no ballast or artificial weight...BUT COME ON!!! No extended pylons or towers???...that's insane! :mad:

They said that using an extended pylon or tower makes the wake bigger??? Anyone ever hear of that before...I think it's a Croc!...and I'm definitely going to attend the next POA meeting and challenge that stupid rule.

JohnnyB
05-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Poa??????????

Bert
05-22-2005, 07:59 PM
Poa??????????
Pack Of *******s

Tennesseeski
05-22-2005, 09:19 PM
They said that using an extended pylon or tower makes the wake bigger??? Anyone ever hear of that before...I think it's a Croc!...and I'm definitely going to attend the next POA meeting and challenge that stupid rule.[/QUOTE]
I don't see how it could! I use one myself and it doesn't affect the wake any. If it was made out of solid lead maybe but mine doesn't weigh that much.

Hoosier Bob
05-22-2005, 09:30 PM
I think it has to do with leverage. The higher up you go the more the boat wants to drive into the water. I can't take it any more. I am a slalom guy but c'mon can't we all get along? If you aren't damaging anything and it will launch you to the moon, go for it! Stay away from docks and piers and have fun. There is not much left in this world that is so satisfying! Good luck and down with the PC (politically correct)! :rant: By the way, nice backside!!!!!!!!!!!

jayocheskey
05-23-2005, 01:25 AM
Hoosier Bob, I agree -- that is one FINE trunk. I'm gonna have to call ignorant on the larger wake caused by tower or pylon. Who said this and where?

erkoehler
05-23-2005, 02:01 AM
I just used the new fly high for the first time, and it definetly didn't enhance my wake on the PS 190.

6ballsisall
05-23-2005, 02:45 AM
juju, where do you boat? If I didn't know any better I'd think you were at my lake!

Crash
05-23-2005, 08:31 AM
JuJu, I totally agree that's insane! You go get them! Perhaps you can have another boater take pictures of your wake with and without pylon illustrating no difference.

Leroy
05-23-2005, 08:47 AM
Take a picture wakesurfing, no pylon, not even a rope!

juju151
05-23-2005, 11:11 AM
I live on a private ski lake in Villa Rica, GA. I knew the POA/HOA here was a little strict, but I missed the "no towers/ext. pylon" thing in the rules and regulations. It clearly states no ballasts and all, but then in another paragraph farther down it says the ski rope can't be attached any higher than 24" above the gunwale. When we got stopped by the lake nazi because of us using the Skylon, I asked why they made that rule and he said that it's because it makes the wake bigger.

I told him that's totally untrue, but of couse, they aren't going to listen or think about anything logical, so I took it out...for now!

I'm thinking about calling Skylon and getting them to send me a letter stating that the extended pylons and towers DO NOT increase the wake size, so I can take that letter to the HOA meeting and ask them why they don't allow them...and when they give me that bogus excuse, I will hand them the letter in front of everyone there and tell them I have proof from the manufacturer that it's not true.

I know that I'm not the only one that hates this rule, because there's about 4 or 5 MCs here with towers and a couple of other types of boats with towers and pylons as well...but everyone just uses them as a VERY expensice board rack.

Anyone else have that rule on thier private lake???

tex
05-23-2005, 11:25 AM
Do they only allow Mastercrafts to slalom behind. Anything else makes the wake larger!

wiltok
05-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Tell them it is an "increased seating" device. Seriously, people can ride in the back seat if you put the rope high.

jimmer2880
05-23-2005, 01:09 PM
Do they only allow Mastercrafts to slalom behind. Anything else makes the wake larger!

I like that one!

Tell them it is an "increased seating" device. Seriously, people can ride in the back seat if you put the rope high.

Then they'll get you for adding balast! :uglyhamme