PDA

View Full Version : Cali, Cali, Cali?

coz
05-23-2009, 11:34 AM
You guys are killing me :D richest state in the nation and you guys want to split it in 4 states to get you a$$es back in the black :D LMFAO :D

California: Breaking up is hard to do
California's budget problems are kind of like the boy who cried "wolf." Nobody pays attention anymore. Well, hardly anybody. A radical idea that would split California into four distinct states garnered some attention on the Buzz. Commenters chimed in with their thoughts. Some even suggested names including Calidormia (for the "bedroom communities and burbs all across the state") and Califarmia (for the huge agricultural regions). The commenter notes that Calinormia could make for a nice state, but, alas, normal doesn't exist out west. Experts argue that the proposal doesn't have a chance of working, but we say "never say never." This is the state the elected Conan the Destroyer, after all.

Ric
05-23-2009, 03:39 PM
that's funny! What a novel idea, let the feds divide up the left coast into "districts" hahahahahahhaha

hell lets give DC some senators while we're at it

TMCNo1
05-23-2009, 08:26 PM
that's funny! What a novel idea, let the feds divide up the left coast into "districts" hahahahahahhaha

Why not sell California to Mexico and take the money, put it in the US Treasury. Isn't it about time for AIG to get more Bailout $,$$$,$$$,$$$ for bonuses.:eek3::rolleyes::firejump:

TX.X-30 fan
05-24-2009, 03:52 PM

Two liberal ones for eternity is just around the corner.

SOCALX45
05-25-2009, 03:19 AM
Why not sell California to Mexico and take the money, put it in the US Treasury. Isn't it about time for AIG to get more Bailout $,$$$,$$$,$$$ for bonuses.:eek3::rolleyes::firejump:

Not a bad idea. I mean nothing would change here if thats the case. I already feel like i live in Mexico!

bigmac
05-25-2009, 08:43 AM

The problem is that we'd have to loan Mexico the money to buy it.

Sodar
05-25-2009, 11:45 AM
As funny as it maybe, it is pathetic at the same time. Our state's spending is ridiculous.

When firefighters have a base income of $100k and many, many firefighers make over $175k with overtime... it ticks me off.

My girlfriend comes from a family of educators. Her dad, a retired principal, is at risk of losing his entire pention. Her mom, a 2nd grade teacher, is having her class size doubled, yet her annual class budget (A wopping $200 per year) is being cut in half. And lastly, my girlfriend, also a 2nd grade teacher is losing her job after 2 years of teaching.

This state is screwed up... no doubt. However, if it was run more as a business I really believe it could make it... we just need the right leadership and it will not come from the leftist liberals or a joker "Govenator"! Spend, tax, spend, tax, spend, tax, spend is all the state of California knows!