PDA

View Full Version : First ski behind my MC this morning!!!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-22-2005, 02:48 PM
HEY all!! I just had my first ski ever behind a Mastercraft today. I took my 91 Prostar out for the very first time and my buddy and I skied!! IT was AWESOME!! It was all I expected and more. WOW!! the whole shot power is unbelievable!! I am sure the powerslot has a big factor in that. I popped out of the water immediately. I was so thrilled that I forgot the water temp was in the low 40's Lake superior is a cold biatch, and our spring has been very cold, so the lake hasnt warmed up much. I had a wetsuit, and wetsuit gloves, so the only thing cold was my feet, but they were frickin' freezin Mr. Bigglesworth!!!! I had a great ski. I went out first on my trusty old 70's Obrien international Freestyle just to get acclimated to the boat, the wake, and being my first ski of the season. Then I broke out my brand new O'Brien Siege for a tow. That baby is amazing! I am amazed at the level of control I have on the ski. Its very responsive, and very stable at the same time. The wake on these boats is great. I was soo pleased with it. Its the pinnacle of slalom boats for sure!! A great ski!!! WOW, I am SO pumped! What a day! WOO HOOO!!!! :headbang: :woohoo: :D I cant wait to go again!!!!!

peason
05-22-2005, 02:58 PM
I thought it was cold in the Twin Cities yesterday - You actually ski on Lake Superior? I know in Duluth, MN the lake never warms up over the low 40's all summer long. You must either be a die-hard, crazy or desperate - or a little bit of all that! Way to go- sounds like a good day!

Maristar210
05-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Low 40's? wow brrrrrrr

Stay warm out there

Steve

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-22-2005, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=peason]You must either be a die-hard, crazy or desperate - or a little bit of all that! QUOTE]

You got it buddy!! a mix of all three!!! :purplaugh :D Lake superior is the only water I have, so I have to ski there. There are inland lakes here, but the are sooo overcrowded you cant ski on them. Superior rules in respect that when its like glass, you got the ENTIRE lake to ski on. OUr bay gets calm usually every night, and its calm in the morning. so I get glass here too. But its wide open, no other boats, jetskis, people, or anything, just open water!!!!! YEA!!!!

Maristar210
05-22-2005, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=peason]You must either be a die-hard, crazy or desperate - or a little bit of all that! QUOTE]

You got it buddy!! a mix of all three!!! :purplaugh :D Lake superior is the only water I have, so I have to ski there. There are inland lakes here, but the are sooo overcrowded you cant ski on them. Superior rules in respect that when its like glass, you got the ENTIRE lake to ski on. OUr bay gets calm usually every night, and its calm in the morning. so I get glass here too. But its wide open, no other boats, jetskis, people, or anything, just open water!!!!! YEA!!!!

I live in Grand Rapids and have been to Two Hearted on a Dirt Bike trip. I was amazed how UN-Crowded it was. Here we were in the middle of June and the campground was empty, no boats anywhere, like where the hell is everyone? Really desolate and very cool.

Steve

RackAtak
05-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Then I broke out my brand new O'Brien Siege for a tow. That baby is amazing! I am amazed at the level of control I have on the ski. Its very responsive, and very stable at the same time.
Glad to hear you liked the Siege. I just picked one up for my wife to replace her HO

André
05-22-2005, 06:58 PM
HEY all!! I just had my first ski ever behind a Mastercraft today. I took my 91 Prostar out for the very first time and my buddy and I skied!! IT was AWESOME!! It was all I expected and more. WOW!! the whole shot power is unbelievable!! I am sure the powerslot has a big factor in that. I popped out of the water immediately. I was so thrilled that I forgot the water temp was in the low 40's Lake superior is a cold biatch, and our spring has been very cold, so the lake hasnt warmed up much. I had a wetsuit, and wetsuit gloves, so the only thing cold was my feet, but they were frickin' freezin Mr. Bigglesworth!!!! I had a great ski. I went out first on my trusty old 70's Obrien international Freestyle just to get acclimated to the boat, the wake, and being my first ski of the season. Then I broke out my brand new O'Brien Siege for a tow. That baby is amazing! I am amazed at the level of control I have on the ski. Its very responsive, and very stable at the same time. The wake on these boats is great. I was soo pleased with it. Its the pinnacle of slalom boats for sure!! A great ski!!! WOW, I am SO pumped! What a day! WOO HOOO!!!! :headbang: :woohoo: :D I cant wait to go again!!!!!
So UMP,tell us how do you really feel about skiing behind your new Mastercraft... :uglyhamme
Put the boat and lift in yesterday and went for a short drive just to check things out,I'm always amaze by the acceleration and handling of those boats!