PDA

View Full Version : Prop Shaft Pictures

wakewander
05-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Well i guess it is obvious that this is my first ski boat. I grew up in saltwater on the coat of North Carolina. I have two saltwater boats and would like some advice and assistance. I'm not to proud to ask. I just bought a 1984 Stars and Stripes. I'm wondering if anyone has pictures of the bottom of the boat where the shaft comes through the hull. Thanks for your help!

TMCNo1
05-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Well i guess it is obvious that this is my first ski boat. I grew up in saltwater on the coat of North Carolina. I have two saltwater boats and would like some advice and assistance. I'm not to proud to ask. I just bought a 1984 Stars and Stripes. I'm wondering if anyone has pictures of the bottom of the boat where the shaft comes through the hull. Thanks for your help!

In the bilge or from the bottom?

In the bilge,
Consisting of these parts,
Similar to this, just a core drilled hole in the hull without the S/S cover,

wakewander
05-22-2009, 10:59 AM
thanks so much! it was from the bottom that i needed. i just wanted to make sure that mine was right.

jomiddour
05-22-2009, 12:41 PM
my 91' doesn't have that plate on the bottom where the shaft exits the hull. Should it? Is that an aftermarket part?

TMCNo1
05-22-2009, 03:20 PM
my 91' doesn't have that plate on the bottom where the shaft exits the hull. Should it? Is that an aftermarket part?

You should not have the cover and it is not a aftermarket piece.

Sodar
05-22-2009, 03:25 PM
You should not have the cover and it is not a aftermarket piece.

So what's the deal with the cover, Harold? What did you make it out of, how is it attached and what year was it installed? :)

TMCNo1
05-22-2009, 03:48 PM
So what's the deal with the cover, Harold? What did you make it out of, how is it attached and what year was it installed? :)

It covers up the ugly hole in the bottom, made from polished S/S, cut, bent in a press brake and attached to the gelcoat in 1993 with 3M #06382 Acrylic double sided (DOT approved emblem attachment) tape. Just part of some stuff I did for reunion boat judging and it has not been removed since installed. It feeds the shaft log with water through a hole in the front and from the rear. I also have a smaller on that attaches over the bottom plug hole/fitting between the 1st and 2nd fin that I remove and reattach for oil changes.

captain planet
05-22-2009, 03:48 PM

Cue the Final Jeopardy music.......

:popcorn::popcorn:

wakewander
05-22-2009, 11:15 PM
would the shield that was added keep the water from cooling?

TMCNo1
05-23-2009, 08:50 AM
would the shield that was added keep the water from cooling?

It hasn't created any problems in 16 years. I did add a piece of packing to the stuffing box 15 years ago.