PDA

View Full Version : x9 weighting?

wxnic
05-20-2009, 11:37 PM
anyone have any luck weighting to get a great wake? what's the best way to get it done? i have an 02 x9 with ballast in back and center, but it doesn't seem to be nearly enough.

BumperBoy
05-23-2009, 08:36 AM
I owned a 01 and 03 x9 and the wake can be great for intermmediate riders (a few inverts). If you do not want a bunch of bags on the floor, I would run an additional bag in the gullwing storage. I actually wired a pump into my storage. Depending on the engine, and the amount of people in the boat, you may have some trouble getting it up to plane. If you need more than that, another sack in the walkway to the bow helps, but boat will struggle to plane. Good luck.

park190
07-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Am interested in this as well. We run a Fly High 750 lb in the rear under the swim deck and a Fly High in the center locker as well. We have added two additional 400 lb sacks on the sides of the engine cover, and that is the best wake we have had. We just don't like the sacks in the walk way. Has anyone used the Fly High integrated bow sack in a 209/X9? Am thinking about doing this as well as adding the weight in the rear storage as BumperBoy did. Any input would be great. Thanks!

Age Fighter
07-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Sounds like the need to move from a DD Cross over boat to a all out V drive wake board boat. From what I can tell, the X-9 has the best board wakes of the cross over breed. Our folks love it -- and as the old school slalom dad, I would like a flatter hull for my event...