PDA

View Full Version : Angels and Demons Movie

BriEOD
05-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Well, saw the film this evening. I liked Ewan McGregor as the Camerlengo. However, the film deviated to much from the book and I was left wanting. I really liked the book, it was a quick read. I had high hopes for this film since the Da Vinci code followed pretty close to the book. Hopefully Deception Point will be better.

wakeX2wake
05-20-2009, 09:14 PM
agreed... me and a friend caught it the afternoon it came out and we both read the book and said the same thing... i didn't think it was very suspenseful... unlike the book that kept you not wanting to put it down

we had a long list of things where it deviated from the book and it wasn't detail type things it was plot thickening things

Craig
05-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Agreed as well.

I felt like it would be quite difficult to keep on par with the book without a 3.5 hr movie, although I was hoping for just that.

It was still a good movie, but probably would have been better had I not read the book.

I am not a heavy reader by any stretch but I made it though Angels in Demons in all of 2 days.

BriEOD
05-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Yes, the book was fantastic. I liked it better than Da Vinci code. Also, if you haven't checked out Deception Point, you should. It is about science and the US government.