05-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Victory Lakes in Jax.

costal190
05-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Victory Lakes in Jax.

mbeach
05-22-2005, 11:12 AM
Victory Lakes in Jax.
used to live in jax. where are the victory lakes??
keystone heights area??

costal190
05-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Inbetween 295 & 10 it is directley across from Michels Distribution Center off of 10

mbeach
05-22-2005, 01:22 PM
so, assume that is i-10 in picture. good water quality or is it a borrow pit from construction of i-10. ever skiid kingsley or lakes in keystone heights area? are keystone lakes still down? what about the stark area. any nice lakes around there?

costal190
05-22-2005, 02:25 PM
the lake owner started with a lake that was dug for fill to build I-10. He then found a couple of different people that needed fill dirt and had the lakes custom dug and sold the dirt. Very clean water with an avg. depth of about 10 to 14 ft. The far lake can also be used to break any world records. It is set up to all the specs.

betsy&david Harrison
05-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Beautiful place! I have a few pics of my private lake in my photo gallary. I do need to take a few more. The oleander are beginning to bloom and the reflection on the water is beautiful. Maybe next weekend I'll put another up on the board. B

tex
05-23-2005, 09:58 AM
Marine Creek!

SteveO
05-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Marine Creek!
Tex, When will the course be back in?

jayocheskey
05-23-2005, 10:57 AM
I hate seeing water like that in pictures. All it does is make me want to be there. Anybody else ever think about quitting their job and becoming a professional lake bum -- I heard the pay isn't too great.

phecksel
05-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Victory Lakes in Jax.

http://www.bellevillelakewaterski.com/photo.htm

click on each photo to see larger size

Shows almost the entire lake, ends slightly after the left side of the left photo, extends a bit after the right side photo

sizzler
05-23-2005, 12:27 PM
this is our pond.......

www.tallington.com

ski_king
05-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Nice lake sizzler! I like how the jetski's have a small lake of their own.

sizzler
05-23-2005, 12:38 PM
yeah ,,,it keeps them away from us.........no annoying buzzing noises ;)

SteveO
05-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Sizzler, Nice set up. How busy does the lake get on the average weekend?

LakeLottawatta
05-23-2005, 03:53 PM
LakeLottawatta

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1201&size=big&sort=1&cat=500

André
05-23-2005, 04:02 PM
LakeLottawatta

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1201&size=big&sort=1&cat=500
That seems like a very short set up lenght.How long is the lake ?
Is it yours ?
Nice :dance:

Lottawatta
05-23-2005, 04:47 PM
That seems like a very short set up lenght.How long is the lake ?
Is it yours ?
Nice :dance:
What you can't see at the far end (because the picture is too dark) is the turn island. Total length with the island at the far end and dog leg at the close end is in the neighborhood of 1750 if I had to guess. I needed about five more feet of height with the camera to get over the tree tops to get a better shot of the near end.

It is mine.

6ballsisall
05-23-2005, 10:07 PM
Thats Awesome Lake!! Do you have to drop at each end or is there enough room to turn around? How long have you owned it? Was the lake there or did you build it. Thinking of building my own lake in the next five years.

Lottawatta
05-24-2005, 08:21 AM
Thats Awesome Lake!! Do you have to drop at each end or is there enough room to turn around? How long have you owned it? Was the lake there or did you build it. Thinking of building my own lake in the next five years.
You can turn at each end. I personally like to drop at each end. One end is a turn island, the other is a tight turn. This is my 12th season of lake ownership. Beleive me, it is not all that great. I got to ski a whole lot more when I only had the river to ski on. There was a lake here when I bought it, but I excavated over 75,000 cubic yards of earth to get it to where it is today. If you are thinking of building a lake, set a budget, then double it, plan to ski less and work more, plan to be hounded by neighbors, zoning, fisherman, thieves, trespassers, geese, etc. But above all, do not try to undertake a lake project with partners or friends. The best idea is to buy the land and equipment and do all the work yourself.

Leroy
05-24-2005, 09:23 AM
That's not a glowing recommendation for building/owning your own lake. But probably what happens in most cases. As a wannabe's I think of waking up walking out the back door and skiing, not the bad stuff!

You can turn at each end. I personally like to drop at each end. One end is a turn island, the other is a tight turn. This is my 12th season of lake ownership. Beleive me, it is not all that great. I got to ski a whole lot more when I only had the river to ski on. There was a lake here when I bought it, but I excavated over 75,000 cubic yards of earth to get it to where it is today. If you are thinking of building a lake, set a budget, then double it, plan to ski less and work more, plan to be hounded by neighbors, zoning, fisherman, thieves, trespassers, geese, etc. But above all, do not try to undertake a lake project with partners or friends. The best idea is to buy the land and equipment and do all the work yourself.

sizzler
05-25-2005, 03:35 AM
Sizzler, Nice set up. How busy does the lake get on the average weekend?

not too bad actually....only 4 boats allowed at any one time...most people do 2 or 3 circuits,,,drop off and then someone else goes out.....not seen 4 boats out this year yet!!!!!the lake is spring-fed and gravel based so the water is filtered real nice,......great for early morning/late evening footin'.and a v.friendly atmosphere around the clubhouse :banana:

André
05-25-2005, 07:22 AM
Wow,nice work!Congatulations for the hard and long work. :toast:
Looks very very nice! :dance:
Where is it ?

Lottawatta
05-25-2005, 07:50 AM
Wow,nice work!Congatulations for the hard and long work. :toast:
Looks very very nice! :dance:
Where is it ?
Thanks for the kind words. It is definitely a labor of love. Of course there are good things about owning your own lake, but I think most people underestimate just how much work is involved in maintaining a lake.
It is in Overpeck, Ohio. (Cincinnati / Dayton Area)