PDA

View Full Version : Spotters

skiboy
05-22-2005, 12:06 AM
A great spotter. Barks when the skier drops or falls. Worikng on getting him to bark on faster and slower signals. 11 month old Bernese Mountain Dog. Very enthusiastic about it all. And the perfect weight for the passenger seat.

SKI*MC
05-22-2005, 12:14 AM
haha, that works, nice picture!

Crash
05-22-2005, 12:55 AM
In IL you're required to have an adult spotter, which is a pain in the a$$ when you want to ski with your family! I am in agreement with you that a well trained spotter of ANY AGE OR BREED :D coupled with mirrors should be sufficient!

If I recall correctly Bernese Mt. Dogs are also great swimmers, I think I even recall a lifesaving story I read years ago.

André
05-22-2005, 07:52 AM
Nice dog ! Got pulled over 2 years ago with no spotters but my Lab.Tried to convince the cop that coupled with the mirror it was better then any spotter who's looking at the scenery but still ended up costing me 136 CDN $.(100 US)

skiboy
05-22-2005, 09:39 AM
So far so good. No cops at 5 in the morning. We'll keep at it till we get caught no doubt

Crash
05-23-2005, 12:19 AM
Its sad, but we trained our kids its OK to lie when it comes to the ADULT spotter..."we didn't know it had to be an ADULT." Its saved us a few bucks over the years. By the way, they are MUCH better spotters than the guys I usually ski with.

Maybe we should get a movement to make change the state laws?

jsonova99
05-23-2005, 07:31 AM
It's funny you bring this subject up, we were out this weekend, and it's me, my girlfriend, and a friend of mine from school. Anyway, I'm wakeboarding behind the boat and I'm watching the two of them just BS'ing up front. I could have gotten grabbed by a gator and it would have been 5 minutes before anyone noticed. :eek:

skiboy
05-23-2005, 08:46 AM
I know, they get yipping like old ladies. I was installing the course yesterday, installing #5 line, they were at the other end ,visually seeing if it's straight, couldn't get their attention, they were talking and laughing.. Dogs are watching you all the time. :mad:

André
05-23-2005, 09:03 AM
I know, they get yipping like old ladies. I was installing the course yesterday, installing #5 line, they were at the other end ,visually seeing if it's straight, couldn't get their attention, they were talking and laughing.. Dogs are watching you all the time. :mad:
How was your water ? Not the time of year when you want to be left in water for long... :eek:

H2OGirl
05-23-2005, 09:04 AM
Agreed that sometimes the "spotters" in the boat aren't spotting anything. It would be very nice to not have to have a third adult person in the boat, my husband and I have been forced to stay in the boat a number of times because of no third. :(

ski_king
05-23-2005, 09:14 AM
It's funny you bring this subject up, we were out this weekend, and it's me, my girlfriend, and a friend of mine from school. Anyway, I'm wakeboarding behind the boat and I'm watching the two of them just BS'ing up front. I could have gotten grabbed by a gator and it would have been 5 minutes before anyone noticed. :eek:
Last summer I was skiing and wanted to change the speed, both the driver and observer were busy BS'ing. I dropped to get their attention.
It didnt work, the kept on going and disappeared around the bend.........

skiboy
05-23-2005, 09:40 AM
Water was 58 degrees. Wether turned nasty for 24 weekend. BUT, the job needed to be done. HATE FREE SKIING! TAkes me 3 hours stright time in the water. Tighting and replacing old lines. Get her done now, then no problem all summer.

André
05-23-2005, 09:44 AM
Yep,absolutely no rythm outside the course,not even funny.
Enjoying your long week end too ?

skiboy
05-23-2005, 09:46 AM
As long as the wind holds up today, we should get some pulls in. We were up at 5 , to go, too strong of north east winds though. See what happens this afternoon.