PDA

View Full Version : Surf this?

JohnE
05-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Can I surf this wake? (serious question - I've only surfed once)

It's about a 16,000 lb twin diesel inboard....

Sodar
05-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Yes. Used to do it long long long before wakesurfing was a glimmer in the landlock wannabes eyes!! :D

Seriously, though... my dad used to surf behind my granddad's boat when he was younger. It is REALLY fun! If you get it perfect with the tabs, you can even bodysurf the wake... we used to call it "body-womping"

shepherd
05-18-2009, 11:49 PM
I've only surfed once myself, but I think if you slowed that monster down..... :headbang:

coz
05-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Looks way to mushy from this angle, there's no wave or shape to it.

coz
05-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Yes. Used to do it long long long before wakesurfing was a glimmer in the landlock wannabes eyes!! :D

Seriously, though... my dad used to surf behind my granddad's boat when he was younger. It is REALLY fun! If you get it perfect with the tabs, you can even bodysurf the wake... we used to call it "body-womping"

But we used real surfboards not the little kneeboard looking things that aren't very bouyent.

Sodar
05-18-2009, 11:56 PM
But we used real surfboards not the little kneeboard looking things that aren't very bouyent.

Dude! King of the wave with BZ Foamies!! That is ALL we used to do in Junior Guards as a kid. We used to drop straight into each other with those things!:cool:

coz
05-19-2009, 12:15 AM
Dude! King of the wave with BZ Foamies!! That is ALL we used to do in Junior Guards as a kid. We used to drop straight into each other with those things!:cool:

And run over everyone on the way in :uglyhamme

JohnE
05-19-2009, 08:32 AM

Looks way to mushy from this angle, there's no wave or shape to it.

Thanks for clearing it up?:o Wake shape was my concern.

Cam, I'll try it when the Atlantic warms up a smidge. Do you think it can be done from a "regular" behind the boat board? I didn't take the pic, so I haven't seen the wake in person. Apparantly it's a lot bigger than the pic makes it appear. I'll have to have him play with speed and tabs.

KnoxX2
05-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks for clearing it up?:o Wake shape was my concern.

Cam, I'll try it when the Atlantic warms up a smidge. Do you think it can be done from a "regular" behind the boat board? I didn't take the pic, so I haven't seen the wake in person. Apparantly it's a lot bigger than the pic makes it appear. I'll have to have him play with speed and tabs.

We need to see pics of the new surf board!!!!!!! Also of you surfing the X14???????;):D

JohnE
05-20-2009, 09:43 AM
We need to see pics of the new surf board!!!!!!! Also of you surfing the X14???????;):D

Ordered the board yesterday from Mike. Going to the lake Friday am. Pic's will follow. Not sure what they gave me, but got a good deal. Last year's model on sale plus 20% discount. Went with a 5'6" board.

Roonie's
05-20-2009, 04:54 PM
You can probably do it but that is a lot of white water! If you could clean up one side a little to get a nice perch for the board to ride in then great. Even with all that froth you can probably still ride it.