PDA

View Full Version : Last minute Pro Tour stop.....Flushing Meadows NY

Jerseydave
05-21-2005, 08:06 PM
I just heard from my local MC dealer there is a last minute MC Pro Tour stop in Flushing Meadows, NY on the weekend of June 18-19. Slalom, no wakeboard, possibly jump also?

Anyone else heard about this too? It's not on the calendar on this site.
I'd like to get more info about it.

Thanks.

BriEOD
05-21-2005, 08:35 PM
Yeah, says so in the new Water Ski Mag as well.

Jerseydave
05-21-2005, 11:32 PM
Thanks, BriEOD!

I just found it on page 31 of the current issue of Waterski magazine.
This tour is organized by World Waterski Pros, Andy Mapple is the Executive director. Sounds like pro skiing is trying to make a comeback.
Good deal! I always liked going to the pro tour stops back in the 80's.
Count me in for Flushing Meadows, NY in June.
Anyone else? If you've never seen the pro tour in person, it's alot of fun watching the pros make it look easy.

André
05-22-2005, 08:08 AM
If it's a MasterCraft event,can you get in free with your TMC membership card ?

Jerseydave
05-22-2005, 08:16 PM
If it's a MasterCraft event,can you get in free with your TMC membership card ?

It is a Mastercraft event, so maybe? I would pay to see the pros anyway, if you've never been it's worth it.

André
05-22-2005, 08:25 PM
I have been to the Hartford Budweiser Pro Tour in 93.I was amaze by the jumpers and slaloms guys.
But the womens make it looks so easy while with the mens is always so intense.

WallenpaupackPA
05-23-2005, 07:26 PM
Hey, NJ Skier,
Brian Wiele here - if you want to try to meet up on the 17th out there I'd be up for it. I'll probably be at the lake for the weekend, but am thinking about going out there on Friday. Call me on my cell (914) 643-8586.

6ballsisall
05-23-2005, 11:59 PM
Man I am killing myself for not going to see Mapple at his last tourney in Akron last year. I havent seen a tourney in a few years. Anyone know the schedule? Coming near Cincy anytime soon?

CraftMaster
05-24-2005, 05:55 PM
MasterCraft Announces Pro Water Ski Championship To Be Held At Most Famous Site Ever for Water Ski Event

What: MasterCraft Pro Water Ski Championship

When: June 17-19, 2005

Where: Flushing Meadows-Corona Park

The world’s top male and female water ski athletes from over 20 countries will make history when they participate in the 2005 MasterCraft Pro Water Ski Championship. Never before has New York City been host to such a large display of water sport professionals, making it a historical event for spectators and athletes alike. Athletes will compete in slalom, jump and shortboard events with the top finishers in each event earning a coveted spot in the World WaterSki Pros Super Final.

On the slalom course, athletes will reach speeds of 60 mph while competitors in the jump events will propel off ski ramps at over 70 mph while flying over 220 feet in the air. Skiers in the shortboard events will perform up to 15 aerial flips and multiple spins in less than 20 seconds. In addition to the competition, the weekend will feature an innovative wakeboard exhibition and spectators will be able to test drive a boat at nearby Lake Hopatcong.

For more information about this event, please visit www.worldwaterskipros.com.