PDA

View Full Version : Engine almost ran hot after impeller change.

hkallestad
05-15-2009, 06:31 PM
I changed the impeller just before putting my PS190 (1989) on the water today, got the new impeller in with the lamelles the right way, didn't use any lubrication tho. I have see trough hoses on the pump and I noticed a big air bubble by the pump outlet that didnt go away when I started the engine. After a while engine temp increased more than normal and exhaust was sounding funny(because it was basically dry). Stopped the engine since it reached 180 degrees very fast. I then opened the pump to look at the impeller, the lamelles where now lying the wrong way, very strange. I cranked the engine with the pump cover off, and the lamelles automatically turned the right way again, strange again. Put the cover back on and everything was cool. I haven't got a good explanation for this happening, maybee because I didn't lubricate the impeller when installing it?? Anyway worth keeping an eye on the pump after changing the impeller.

chico
05-15-2009, 08:35 PM
probably air lock in the pump,when i start mine in the driveway i always turn it off and then restart,i have a see thru suction line just for that reason.