PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I Buy Seat Skins?

btsullivan
05-13-2009, 11:03 AM
I just bought my first MC ... older Prostar (87) but happy to have it. Seats need work, and Id like to replace the skins ... anyone know where I can get some and have them installed.

Thanks .. and happy to be a part of the MC community!

Brian

flipper
05-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Find a good upholstery in your area. MC doesn't make skins for your boat any more.

AFX-30
05-13-2009, 04:39 PM
You can also get with MasterCraft of Charolette. I know the guys down there do a lot of reapir work and they know a ton of interior shops around there that should have the templates.

vogelm1
05-14-2009, 07:18 PM
I tore a hole in the long, port side combing panel that goes from the observers seat to the rear seat. Having a difficult time getting a new skin (2005 PS 197). Put the order in late last summer with local dealer and still haven't heard anything.

Maybe something is going on at MasterCraft that I don't know about (layoffs/production slow-down) - so not getting wound up about it, but my fear is the skins won't be available much longer for the '05's and I'll be out of luck.

Any other dealers out there that might have one, or are these all special order? Or any custom shops that carry the MC vinyl? TIA.

atlfootr
05-14-2009, 07:33 PM
:o ????? :o Y doesn't anyone ever listen?

Look for the million threads posted, regarding Jim 'The Upholstery Guy' ...
NEW SKINS ... Here's "The Man"

Here's "The Man" ... Upholstery

Jim - "Upholstery Guy" :wavey:
(865) 995 0607 home
(865) 679 2246 cellphone
(call until 10:30pm)

Former employee 10-15 yrs. w/ MC Upholstery Dept. now lives jus' outside Vonore, TN.
Anyone who's smart enough, use him ... stay in touch and show us your new skins!

JohnE
05-14-2009, 07:42 PM
I tore a hole in the long, port side combing panel that goes from the observers seat to the rear seat. Having a difficult time getting a new skin (2005 PS 197). Put the order in late last summer with local dealer and still haven't heard anything.

Maybe something is going on at MasterCraft that I don't know about (layoffs/production slow-down) - so not getting wound up about it, but my fear is the skins won't be available much longer for the '05's and I'll be out of luck.

Any other dealers out there that might have one, or are these all special order? Or any custom shops that carry the MC vinyl? TIA.

nevermind.......

east tx skier
05-15-2009, 10:59 AM
:o ????? :o Y doesn't anyone ever listen?

Look for the million threads posted, regarding Jim 'The Upholstery Guy' ...
NEW SKINS ... Here's "The Man"

Here's "The Man" ... Upholstery

Jim - "Upholstery Guy" :wavey:
(865) 995 0607 home
(865) 679 2246 cellphone
(call until 10:30pm)

Former employee 10-15 yrs. w/ MC Upholstery Dept. now lives jus' outside Vonore, TN.
Anyone who's smart enough, use him ... stay in touch and show us your new skins!

Give BriEOD a shout. He's had his skins with Jim for a while now and has had many a conversation with him. He can give you an up to the minute review of the process and his experience with it.

vogelm1
05-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah, I shoulda used "search"...was looking for the quick answer so I could get on with this dilema.