PDA

View Full Version : sending unit bolts.

Wake2wake
05-13-2009, 09:39 AM
OK so i picked up our boat from the dealer the other day, and made the 3 hour drive home, just to fill the gas tank strait into the bilge. not sure what they were doing removing the sending unit on the gas tank, but they did not replace the bolts that hold it down. needless to say when the tank was full the pump did not kick off and i put a couple of gallons strait into the bilge of the boat before I realized what was going on. IMO i was pissed cause there was no way that i was going to put the boat on the water that day with gas in the bilge, but i have since drained it out, and it is dry, but I'm not sure what size bolts i need to get to re attach the unit, and the shop wont call me back now. anyone by chance know the bolts i need to pick up?

Monte
05-13-2009, 09:45 AM
OK so i picked up our boat from the dealer the other day, and made the 3 hour drive home, just to fill the gas tank strait into the bilge. not sure what they were doing removing the sending unit on the gas tank, but they did not replace the bolts that hold it down. needless to say when the tank was full the pump did not kick off and i put a couple of gallons strait into the bilge of the boat before I realized what was going on. IMO i was pissed cause there was no way that i was going to put the boat on the water that day with gas in the bilge, but i have since drained it out, and it is dry, but I'm not sure what size bolts i need to get to re attach the unit, and the shop wont call me back now. anyone by chance know the bolts i need to pick up?

I am sorry, but a dealership would be making a three hour trip to my house with the correct bolts.. I have no idea what size they are.. But that is LOUSY:mad:

Thank goodness you found the problem.. That could have gotten really nasty really fast...

Usually I am a pretty calm and easy to get a long with guy.. Until there is the possibility of injury to one of my family members or friends.. I know mistakes happen, but this one needs to be put on their FRONT burner..

JimN
05-13-2009, 10:05 AM

Call the owner of the dealership- bypass everyone else. DO NOT act like a Care Bear, do not accept anything but having them fix it, with their parts, at your convenience. DO NOT accept them saying that you need to drive back to them for this.

flipper
05-13-2009, 10:40 AM
I agree with the above, and try to get more out of them too. They owe you something for running the risk of blowing up you, your boat, and your family. Had you not caught the problem it could have got ugly quick and they know it. Like Jim said, don't mess with the service guy, go to the top and get what is owed to you, and don't give them a week or something to make it right.

CantRepeat
05-13-2009, 11:35 AM
And, make sure they find out who did this and relieve this person of their job.

denverd1
05-13-2009, 12:00 PM
I hate *most* dealerships.