PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Peninsula, WA

ejkjell
05-13-2009, 03:31 AM
Heading out to the Bremerton, WA area...what's the best place for a house close to waterskiing/wakeboarding? I saw a few places very close to Kitsap Lake, but it's pretty small. I've been pretty picky about freshwater only...should I give in to saltwater?

russlars
05-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Heading out to the Bremerton, WA area...what's the best place for a house close to waterskiing/wakeboarding? I saw a few places very close to Kitsap Lake, but it's pretty small. I've been pretty picky about freshwater only...should I give in to saltwater?
How far from Bremerton are you willing to travel? If you don't mind driving an hour or so, there are a few places that I could recommend for you. Also, when are you planning on being there? Thus far, the weather has been pretty lousy around here.

ejkjell
05-13-2009, 03:04 PM
I certainly don't mind driving an hour for a day on the water. I'm all ears...

As for the living situation, I'm hoping to be within 30 mins of Bremerton, but if there's a phat pad somewhere on the water, I'd probably give in to a longer commute...

I'll be there mid-July for two years...

russlars
05-15-2009, 03:06 AM
You might consider Mason Lake which is between Bremerton and Shelton. If you don't mind a little longer drive Lake Cushman is near Hoodsport on the Hood Canal. Both are fairly large fresh water lakes. Additionally, there are a lot of small lakes in Mason County that are nice for watersports. I am not as familiar with Kitsap County, but I am sure that there are some smaller lakes there also. Good luck and enjoy. I take it you must be Navy?

dlamont
05-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Welcome to the Northwest!! I would try finding a place close to Long Lake. Last I heard there is a slalom course at the north end too.