PDA

View Full Version : wakeboard binding ?

SPLIFF
05-12-2009, 03:28 PM
i was wondering what is the most comfortable and easy to get in wakeboard binding out there. i am a average rider skill, I am 6ft tall 250pds and wear a size 13 binding.My last pair of binding are airshocks they are 13 yrs old and coming apart.thanks for ur help.

Tomsinamerica
05-12-2009, 03:37 PM
I just bought some closed toed boots and not only are they super easy to get on, they feel so precise. It's like riding my snowboard. Mine are Hyperlite Murrays fwiw.

Big Dogg
05-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Absolute must for closed toed! Wasnt sold on them orginally but now I wouldnt have another set. It depends on your setup, your board, and your price. I ride Slingshot D2 and D1's on each respective Slingshot board. Otherwise used to ride CWB Zeus (open toe at the time, now closed toes) and I love those too.....

Go to a shop, try them on, demo if you can. Find boots that fit you and your riding style.

The lower to the board, the better they respond.

Also heard great things about Ronix boots and their new low profile plate system. WakeX2Wake and Skeeler will know more about those types. Im pretty sure they are big Ronix guys.

Just my 2cents

Hrkdrivr
05-12-2009, 10:47 PM
What's makes the closed-toe boots better?

We're in the market too, because my food-consumer (I mean my son) has gotten taller than me and his paws are too big to fit into the bindings/board we share.

Ibex144
05-12-2009, 11:01 PM
I have a set of the Ronix Relic closed toe bindings I agree once you go closed you'll never go back. The Ronix bindings have a heat moldable liner you have to go to a ski shop but after they are molded to you they are better then an old pair of slippers. Just don't let your friends with giant feet use them and stretch them out.

mpabreo
05-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Go with a pair of Ronix closed toe boots to fit your skill level. I have the Relik's on my Ibex, and the Kai's on my Mana board. I was skeptical about closed toe, but they do give you a feeling of being more integral to the board. I used to ride a Hyperlite with Remix bindings and man, what a difference. My only caution is that when buying Ronix bindings, make SURE you get the right size. They're supposed to fit snug, but I cant ride the Kai's for more than about 15 mins before my feet start hurting. I tried them on at the pro shop, fit well, nice and snug, had no way of knowing they'd start hurting my feet after about 10 mins of board time. Then again, I say this after only having these bindings for about 3 weeks (6-7 outings), may not yet be fully broken in.

SPLIFF
05-13-2009, 12:23 PM
I just bought some closed toed boots and not only are they super easy to get on, they feel so precise. It's like riding my snowboard. Mine are Hyperlite Murrays fwiw.
thanks for the help i have Murry's detention 101 wakeboard tape he a good instructor.

SPLIFF
05-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Absolute must for closed toed! Wasnt sold on them orginally but now I wouldnt have another set. It depends on your setup, your board, and your price. I ride Slingshot D2 and D1's on each respective Slingshot board. Otherwise used to ride CWB Zeus (open toe at the time, now closed toes) and I love those too.....

Go to a shop, try them on, demo if you can. Find boots that fit you and your riding style.

The lower to the board, the better they respond.

Also heard great things about Ronix boots and their new low profile plate system. WakeX2Wake and Skeeler will know more about those types. Im pretty sure they are big Ronix guys.

Just my 2cents Thanks i have looked at the Zeus bindings on ebay you are right i need to go a shop to see how they feel. i have never rode on slingshot or ronix but i have heard good things about them

SPLIFF
05-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Go with a pair of Ronix closed toe boots to fit your skill level. I have the Relik's on my Ibex, and the Kai's on my Mana board. I was skeptical about closed toe, but they do give you a feeling of being more integral to the board. I used to ride a Hyperlite with Remix bindings and man, what a difference. My only caution is that when buying Ronix bindings, make SURE you get the right size. They're supposed to fit snug, but I cant ride the Kai's for more than about 15 mins before my feet start hurting. I tried them on at the pro shop, fit well, nice and snug, had no way of knowing they'd start hurting my feet after about 10 mins of board time. Then again, I say this after only having these bindings for about 3 weeks (6-7 outings), may not yet be fully broken in.where is the board shop u go to? i live in lecompte about 2 hrs from BR.

Big Dogg
05-13-2009, 12:49 PM
What's makes the closed-toe boots better?

We're in the market too, because my food-consumer (I mean my son) has gotten taller than me and his paws are too big to fit into the bindings/board we share.

More comfort, response, less drag (that you feel), no heel slipping forward when you land, warmer in the cold water, and most are heat molded (Slingshot & Ronix) to match your foot

Again, I was seriously skeptical when I first got a set, but now I will not own anything else. They really are worth a try/demo if you can find a shop that will allow it.

denverd1
05-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Haven't made the change to CT and still don't see what the hype is all about. THen I see Shane tail pressing his ballz off in a pair of OT bindings.... We'll have to see, my bindings are in good shape, so next time I drop 3-400 I'll check 'em out.

A bigger concern, IMO, for guys with 13+ feet overall fit. Second biggest concern is getting in and out of damn things. Well, I wear a size 13 tenny, and my bindings are CWB Zeus HINGE TECH bindings. In XXL HINGE TECH means the back of the boot opens up like a blonde on prom night. No pushing/pulling tug of war when you're tired from riding, no soap or lube to slide around in when you first get up.

Cool thing is, they're in both OT and CT. So pick your poison on that end then pick up some XXL Hinge tech CWBs.

SPLIFF
05-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Haven't made the change to CT and still don't see what the hype is all about. THen I see Shane tail pressing his ballz off in a pair of OT bindings.... We'll have to see, my bindings are in good shape, so next time I drop 3-400 I'll check 'em out.

A bigger concern, IMO, for guys with 13+ feet overall fit. Second biggest concern is getting in and out of damn things. Well, I wear a size 13 tenny, and my bindings are CWB Zeus HINGE TECH bindings. In XXL HINGE TECH means the back of the boot opens up like a blonde on prom night. No pushing/pulling tug of war when you're tired from riding, no soap or lube to slide around in when you first get up.

Cool thing is, they're in both OT and CT. So pick your poison on that end then pick up some XXL Hinge tech CWBs.thanks for the advice my favorite name brand is connelly mainly because Troy Navvaro and Shannon Best taught me how to wakeboard in 1996 at Lone Star Water Ski School a great school

SPLIFF
05-13-2009, 04:47 PM
just thought of something will the zeus connelly wakeboard bindings fit a old school connelly blade runner 13 yrs old? .i have some double up bindings that are about 3 yrs old and they fit it but they are two small for my feet.

Big Dogg
05-14-2009, 02:44 AM
just thought of something will the zeus connelly wakeboard bindings fit a old school connelly blade runner 13 yrs old? .i have some double up bindings that are about 3 yrs old and they fit it but they are two small for my feet.

thanks for the advice my favorite name brand is connelly mainly because Troy Navvaro and Shannon Best taught me how to wakeboard in 1996 at Lone Star Water Ski School a great school

Thats interesting... I looked at going to Lonestar Waterski in '97 and actually bought my '96 Connelly Wakeboard from Troy at the St. Louis Boat Show. I didnt ever go to the school but now I wish I would have, I would be a much better rider. I dont remember what my '96 board was (I want to say blade?) but I had a insert pull out of it and in '97 Connelly replaced it with the Grind. I am pretty sure my 07 Zeus fit that board, I am 99% sure all of CWB's bindings are based on the 8" plate base, which I believe is what was used then.

I really hope your not still using that older board as your primary board. Essentually new bindings will not make that board (i know mine is like riding a 2X4) ride better.

I also love the Hinge Tech system. It does open up quite wide as to allow easy entry and exit. If I could intergrate that system into my Slingshot D2s I would, but as of right now no one has heat molded liners with hinge entrance. My D2s are not as easy at my Zues to get out of, but if picking between the Zues and the D2s on the same board, Ill pick D2 all day. Hinge is great and I love it, but I like the confort and custom fit leading to comfortable feet while riding longer that heat molded liners offer.

mpabreo
05-14-2009, 02:57 PM
where is the board shop u go to? i live in lecompte about 2 hrs from BR.

Go to Bennett's Boat and Ski in Zachary - They're pro-shop is pretty well appointed. They may even have a pair mounted on a board and give you a pull, throw them 40 bucks and they'll give you lessons on their private lakes.

dapicatti
06-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Try the hinge bindings from CWB. Super easy to get on and off.

SPLIFF
06-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Thats interesting... I looked at going to Lonestar Waterski in '97 and actually bought my '96 Connelly Wakeboard from Troy at the St. Louis Boat Show. I didnt ever go to the school but now I wish I would have, I would be a much better rider. I dont remember what my '96 board was (I want to say blade?) but I had a insert pull out of it and in '97 Connelly replaced it with the Grind. I am pretty sure my 07 Zeus fit that board, I am 99% sure all of CWB's bindings are based on the 8" plate base, which I believe is what was used then.

I really hope your not still using that older board as your primary board. Essentually new bindings will not make that board (i know mine is like riding a 2X4) ride better.

I also love the Hinge Tech system. It does open up quite wide as to allow easy entry and exit. If I could intergrate that system into my Slingshot D2s I would, but as of right now no one has heat molded liners with hinge entrance. My D2s are not as easy at my Zues to get out of, but if picking between the Zues and the D2s on the same board, Ill pick D2 all day. Hinge is great and I love it, but I like the confort and custom fit leading to comfortable feet while riding longer that heat molded liners offer. thanks for ur help and by the way the blade had purple flames and the blade runner had red flames good boards i still have both of them and i was going to use my blade runner as my primary board but Troy Navaro signed it so i keep it as a souvenier. the last time i saw him he drove from smithville tx to natchitoches la to go stand up for me in court he a great guy and a great instructor.

SPLIFF
06-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Go to Bennett's Boat and Ski in Zachary - They're pro-shop is pretty well appointed. They may even have a pair mounted on a board and give you a pull, throw them 40 bucks and they'll give you lessons on their private lakes.
thanks i forgot they have boards there the last time i was there was in 1995 with my dad to pick out the prostar i call to see what they have

SPLIFF
06-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Try the hinge bindings from CWB. Super easy to get on and off.
i think this is the route i going to take i like the idea of the molded bindings i will proably get some at the end of the summer but i need some universal ones right know that me and my friends which most of them are beginers can get in and out of quickly.