PDA

View Full Version : Spotter's Seat / Bow Access

thwack
05-11-2009, 02:20 PM
I have two questions related to the same issue. I've ordered a new tower for my 1979 Mastercraft P19 Skier and have run into an issue with anchoring the front legs. In order to anchor the front legs, I will have to gain access to the bow by cutting the fiberglass divider underneath the dash. Is anyone aware of any structural issues with this? I know that the later model boats (mid 80s) have storage in the bow accessed throught the spotter's seat. Also, does anyone know where I can get a replacement wrap around spotter's seat for this particular boat? Thanks for any help you can give me.

prostar190jap
05-20-2009, 05:17 PM
I have a 1992 prostar 190 with a 13th floor tower on it. Before they installed it I asked the same question if cuttng the supports would make a difference or not. I was assured that it was okay and it has been three seasons since hte install. I have never had any issues at all. Every once in a while I will climb under the bow and check the fiberglass but so far everything looks good. I can take pictures of my set up if you like?

thwack
05-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the reassurance. I went ahead and cut the separation wall out after talking to a guy at the dealer who claimed that there would be no issues with it. I installed the tower today and went ahead and added some extra supports under the front feet. Guess we'll see how it goes. Again, thanks.