PDA

View Full Version : Things You've Nailed

skiboy
05-20-2005, 10:53 PM
Felt a thump running the course, found this little fellow floating down the miiddle of the course. Must of come up right when we were at 3 ball.

skiboy
05-20-2005, 10:55 PM
nice clean slice with good old tracking fins.

Tennesseeski
05-20-2005, 10:56 PM
Dinner is served!! Did you crash after you hit it?

skiboy
05-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Nope, finished running, found him on the way back

Tennesseeski
05-20-2005, 11:04 PM
Nice lookin boat by the way. I have an 88 open bow that I need to sell. I really like the built in platform. That is one feature I wish my 93 had. Dont think I have ever ran over anything except a stick or two maybe.

bradamerry
05-20-2005, 11:05 PM
Hope you have a fishing license... :uglyhamme

bcampbe7
05-20-2005, 11:14 PM
It's a keeper!

Not what I expected when I saw the title of this thread. I need to go to bed!

betsy&david Harrison
05-20-2005, 11:15 PM
I have hit a few catfish but I don't think it counts since I ski on a fish farm. BELLY-UP! B

6ballsisall
05-20-2005, 11:16 PM
It's a keeper!

Not what I expected when I saw the title of this thread. I need to go to bed!

Was thinking the same thing!! :D Where's Mag, he was going out tonight, maybe he'll have a trophy to ad to the thread :uglyhamme

juju151
05-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Not much left to do but throw it in the frying pan...I think you've got the messy job already taken care of! :purplaugh

JEREMY79
05-20-2005, 11:48 PM
Cant tell from the pic. What kind of fish is it??

ski_king
05-21-2005, 12:15 AM
Sking a little late? Looks kind of dark.

Did you keep him for supper?

Mag_Red
05-21-2005, 02:21 AM
Was thinking the same thing!! :D Where's Mag, he was going out tonight, maybe he'll have a trophy to ad to the thread :purplaugh I would like to say the truck was officially broke in tonight.....but not quite yet. I did have three slimmies........ok....two slimmies and their slightly over weight friend :rolleyes: in the truck tonight hitting some different clubs. :friday:

MarkP
05-21-2005, 07:31 AM
Nope, finished running, found him on the way back
Man you guys have all the fun, :wavey: . I have never hit anything like that. Guess I don’t ski enough.

Mag, almost don’t count..

bradamerry
05-21-2005, 08:28 AM
:purplaugh I would like to say the truck was officially broke in tonight.....but not quite yet. I did have three slimmies........ok....two slimmies and their slightly over weight friend :rolleyes: in the truck tonight hitting some different clubs. :friday:
See, you need Lakes for the friend... He will take one for the team!!!! :rolleyes:

6ballsisall
05-21-2005, 09:06 AM
:purplaugh I would like to say the truck was officially broke in tonight.....but not quite yet. I did have three slimmies........ok....two slimmies and their slightly over weight friend :rolleyes: in the truck tonight hitting some different clubs. :friday:

Mag, dude your my hero!! You go Boyee!! :banana:

MasterMason
05-21-2005, 09:25 AM
Mag, almost don’t count..

Except in horseshoes and handgranades

Crash
05-21-2005, 09:35 AM
Not sure if I should reply since Mag's taken this thread in a totally different direction. :D

But I used to ski without my contacts in and I skiied over/through a flock of ducks, scared the crap out of me cause by the time I saw it I thought it was a tree trunk. :eek3: That was the last time without contacts!!

By the way, have you ever caught a fish that big on a hook or is that now part of the fish story?

MarkP
05-21-2005, 10:24 AM
Not sure if I should reply since Mag's taken this thread in a totally different direction. :D

But I used to ski without my contacts in and I skiied over/through a flock of ducks, scared the crap out of me cause by the time I saw it I thought it was a tree trunk. :eek3: That was the last time without contacts!!

By the way, have you ever caught a fish that big on a hook or is that now part of the fish story?
I was ready to shut down the computer but had to look in and see what “Crash” hit. That is funny as heLL:uglyhamme

east tx skier
05-21-2005, 11:30 AM
I almost hit a water mocossin once. Concentrated very hard on not falling for a few seconds.

erkoehler
05-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Haven't hit any thing yet....knock on wood

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-21-2005, 06:22 PM

Knock on wood....??.... No pun intended?? ;) :)

RoscoB190
05-21-2005, 08:40 PM
I've never actually hit anything with the boat but I did score myself a canadian goose when I collided with one while riding a kneeboard.

JEREMY79
05-21-2005, 09:27 PM
um....ouch :eek:

Leroy
05-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Mag is on clearly on topic!

I almost started a thread on double meaning sayings on this board, this would be first post! "things I've nailed"

Leroy
05-21-2005, 10:12 PM
If we would have tried we could have hit a deer one year on Center Hill Lake.

skiboy
05-21-2005, 10:28 PM
That there is a 8 to 10 pound muskie. It was the last run of the nite. Black out. You know, maybe just one more pull if your driver can find the course. :steering:

Leroy
05-21-2005, 10:36 PM
If you would have hit head on could have been a perfect filet!

Crash
05-22-2005, 12:00 AM

Hey Erkoehler, watch out for a 2x4 heading your way! My son hit it skiing today on the Fox River up by the Barrington Marina, couldn't find it to pull it out of water though. How timely for this thread! My son was very excited he skiied over it...he's 10.

André
05-22-2005, 06:45 AM
I also hitted a same size fish last year while turning around for the course.It came to the surface about 4 or 5 feets in front of me ,couldn't do nothing except run over it with my ski .I really felt the bump but never saw the fish again after.
I was probably more scare then the fish when i saw it!!!

NatesGr8
05-22-2005, 08:49 AM
about two weeks ago i destroyed a 6 ft long 2x4 that was floating a few inches beneath the waters surface. I could barely see it just as it happened and then there was a bang and a few chopping sounds, followed by wood chips floating behing me. Luckily the 2x4 was pretty rotten and it broke rather than doing any damage to my prop, shaft, strut or rudder :D

Maristar210
05-22-2005, 04:06 PM
Submerged stump = prop #1 junk

Submerged unknown = prop #2 fixable

And I have dodged and clipped many floating sticks. Can you tell I live next to a river?

Steve

Crash
05-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Submerged stump = prop #1 junk

Submerged unknown = prop #2 fixable

And I have dodged and clipped many floating sticks. Can you tell I live next to a river?

Steve
Sounds like the Fox River in IL!

jayocheskey
05-23-2005, 12:02 AM
I VERY NARROWLY missed the largest water mocassin I've ever seen in my life last weekend. I was wakeboarding at Lake Travis last weekend with a bunch of my friends. We were back on the Pedernalles River, and I noticed them all making a big scene and pointing at something -- I figured they were warning me about some trash to dodge or something. Was I ever wrong!!! A Flippin' HUGE, BLACK water mocassin dove beneath the surface just as I approached. I gave the faster signal and road safely and cautiously between the wakes for about 5 minutes -- that sucker put the fear of God in me.

jayocheskey
05-23-2005, 12:05 AM
In that same weekend, I nailed a large piece of driftwood that was just out of sight beneath the surface. The water was perfectly smooth, and I felt the thump against the hull. My friends tried to convince me that we were hearing things, but we looked back and the driftwood surfaced for a few seconds. Amazingly it didn't even leave a mark.

Leroy
05-23-2005, 12:08 AM
Good move you know those snakes like to jump up and wrap around your leg! :eek:

I VERY NARROWLY missed the largest water mocassin I've ever seen in my life last weekend. I was wakeboarding at Lake Travis last weekend with a bunch of my friends. We were back on the Pedernalles River, and I noticed them all making a big scene and pointing at something -- I figured they were warning me about some trash to dodge or something. Was I ever wrong!!! A Flippin' HUGE, BLACK water mocassin dove beneath the surface just as I approached. I gave the faster signal and road safely and cautiously between the wakes for about 5 minutes -- that sucker put the fear of God in me.

erkoehler
05-23-2005, 01:04 AM
Towed a guy home on Saturday that ran aground on the fox river Saturday.

X2M
05-23-2005, 01:14 AM

That just freaks me out. I don't know if I could have stayed up if I saw one of those in the water. I've got the heebeejeebee's just thinking about it. :eek: I have family in South Austin that boat on that lake. They keep talking about taking us out next time we are there. Nope. I'm good thanks.