PDA

View Full Version : bilge / vent thru hull fitting size - 94 prostar

Ben
05-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Does anyone know what the size of the thru hull bilge pump fitting (the one by the rubrail) used on '94 era boats is? I need to get one - hopefully today - but am not near the boat to measure & want to match. Adding 2nd for ballast vent line.

Either hose size, or the ID of the hole coming thru the hull should be enough info I think.

Thanks.

TMCNo1
05-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Does anyone know what the size of the thru hull bilge pump fitting (the one by the rubrail) used on '94 era boats is? I need to get one - hopefully today - but am not near the boat to measure & want to match. Adding 2nd for ballast vent line.

Either hose size, or the ID of the hole coming thru the hull should be enough info I think.

Thanks.

The present bilge pump hose size is 3/4", but the size of the hole in the hull for the discharge fitting will vary depending on the fitting. I changed ours from the black plastic to the S/S faced gray plastic discharge fitting and I had to enlarge the hole about 1/8" for it to work. Get the fitting first, before your do anything to the hole or drill a hole in case the fitting/fittings is smaller than the hole.

Here are some fittings to consider, http://www.wholesalemarine.com/c/33000608/Hoses+%26+Thru+Hulls.html