PDA

View Full Version : Throwable?

Crash
05-20-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm considering replacing my throwable life saving ring, its big and the plastic flakes are messing up my boat. Curious what people are using and where they store it? :confused:

Mag_Red
05-20-2005, 04:34 PM
I believe a throw cushion is all the rage now Gilligan :D

Crash
05-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Gilligan... :uglyhamme

AirJunky
05-20-2005, 05:01 PM
One of those square things you can find at Boater's World or West Marine. It's stashed beside the driver's seat, under the throttle. When my wife drives, she likes to sit on it....... more waterproof than a phone book! :uglyhamme

ktn_cmu
05-20-2005, 05:05 PM
wow mag...you weren't kiddin...look what happens when you flip it over...Crash...I think you are right...probably time for a new one...

MarkP
05-20-2005, 05:11 PM
One of those square things you can find at Boater's World or West Marine. It's stashed beside the driver's seat, under the throttle. When my wife drives, she likes to sit on it....... more waterproof than a phone book! :uglyhammesame spot for me. Mine looks like it could use a little of that replacing too:o

SD190EVO
05-20-2005, 05:11 PM
I think it really depends on vessle size. If your piloting the Titanic, get a new ring, if your boat is more 'recreational', get the square style.

Granite_33
05-20-2005, 05:13 PM
That needs to be retired!! You kept that on a Mastercraft? :eek:

Most state laws require the Type IV on board at all times. We have 2 square ones, usually throw them under a seat somewhere.

tex
05-20-2005, 05:28 PM
does my wife count?

Crash
05-20-2005, 05:30 PM
You kept that on a Mastercraft? :eek:

That's soo funny you said that, I am so persnickety about what I allow in my boat (no-dirty feet, food, blindingly-white-bodies, speedos, carryon luggage, etc.) I didn't even think about the throwable! Its definately going in the garbage...or back to SS Minnow!

east tx skier
05-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Two square cushions, which are kept under the o-seat unless my wife is sitting on one.

Tom023
05-20-2005, 05:35 PM
I have one of those square throwables from Boat U.S. We also liked to sit on it for additional seat height, but after it turned my driver's seat a nice baby blue, it stays tucked away out of sight. You would think something like that would use dyes that don't transfer! The sun eventually bleached the seat out again because no cleaner would remove the stain.

BriEOD
05-20-2005, 05:37 PM
I like to sit on one and my wife sits on two. I prefer looking over the windshield.

Mark hit that one with some Tilex and it will look good as new...trust me! ;)

AJ--What is that box with the vent and cup holder looking thing on the floor? :confused:

Mag_Red
05-20-2005, 06:05 PM
wow mag...you weren't kiddin...look what happens when you flip it over...Crash...I think you are right...probably time for a new one... :purplaugh

Scot
05-20-2005, 06:24 PM
That's soo funny you said that, I am so persnickety about what I allow in my boat (no-dirty feet, food, blindingly-white-bodies, speedos, carryon luggage, etc.) I didn't even think about the throwable! Its definately going in the garbage...or back to SS Minnow!

NOOOOOOOO! A classic like that should pull down some big bucks on eBay!

Ric
05-20-2005, 06:35 PM
I'm considering replacing my throwable life saving ring, its big and the plastic flakes are messing up my boat. Curious what people are using and where they store it? :confused:
still looks throwable to me!

does my wife count?
:purplaugh

Crash
05-20-2005, 06:36 PM
I think I'll give it one last throw!

AirJunky
05-20-2005, 07:18 PM
AJ--What is that box with the vent and cup holder looking thing on the floor? :confused:
Um, a cupholder? ;)

Another one of my homemade gizmos. After looking at all the newer boats, I was gettin chapped that I didn't have a place to put my be.... I mean my Coke. :eek:

bradamerry
05-20-2005, 11:26 PM
I like to sit on one and my wife sits on two. I prefer looking over the windshield.

Mark hit that one with some Tilex and it will look good as new...trust me! ;)

I sit on mine as well!!

JEREMY79
05-20-2005, 11:35 PM
I dont sit on mine but the misses does. Hasnt stained the seat.....yet :rolleyes:

Oh yeah square one from West Marine.

bradamerry
05-20-2005, 11:37 PM
Jeremy, you out of sauce yet??

JEREMY79
05-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Almost. I eat lunch at home every day. Maybe enough for 1 piece of chicken left. Good stuff

jimmer2880
05-23-2005, 07:42 AM
2 in my boat. One wrapped around the pilon so the 2 year old doesn't get too banged up while in the boat & we sit on the other one while driving. Got mine at Wal-mart. No staining here.

H2OGirl
05-23-2005, 09:11 AM
square one for us, its in the boat somewhere, but ah, I couldn't say where. It was part of a freebie package for buying a new Sea Ray, throwable, 4 life jackets, ore, fire extinguisher, anchor, fenders, and some rope. I think that is supposed to be quickly accessable isn't it?

ski_king
05-23-2005, 09:21 AM
Mine is somewhere under the bow, hopefully near my feet. I always keep it handy if the water cops (fish commission in PA) are in the area.
I always have a vest or 2 tucked beside the drivers seat I would use to throw before a "throwable" anyway.

I don't want to hijack this thread. But what about paddles? I have a 4 ft. one under the bow. I know a number of people who have a short 2 ft. one, just to get them past the regulations. Itís kind of funny watching them use a $400 ski as a paddle when they break down.

milkmania
05-23-2005, 09:51 AM
mine is stored in the same place following one of AirJunky's pictures a while back..

stays out of the way, and everyone knows where it is...

now if I can just find that fire extenguisher:eek3:

bcampbe7
05-23-2005, 10:15 AM
I have a square throwable that I picked up at the local marina and use as a booster seat.

Leroy
05-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Fresh coat of paint will have it looking like new. Screw in one of the hooks you use in the garage on the side, great place to store it!

SteveO
05-23-2005, 11:06 AM
2 square ones under the back storage area

erkoehler
05-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Mine is under the observer seat, and right on the side. Now, the life jackets are WAY up in the bow, and you have to climb in to reach them. We usually have ski vests laying around the boat anyways, so that would most likely get thrown or used in an emergency.

Crash
05-23-2005, 11:49 AM
I don't want to hijack this thread. But what about paddles? I have a 4 ft. one under the bow. I know a number of people who have a short 2 ft. one, just to get them past the regulations. Itís kind of funny watching them use a $400 ski as a paddle when they break down.

Waterski is my paddle. Had to use them on my friends old Bayliner boat quite a few times and they actually work pretty good.