PDA

View Full Version : Tubes

SuperBee731
05-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Haven't bought tubes in over three years, loved my old ones but sold them with the boat and forget what they were. Usually single riders, two at a time look for something fast but not get that much air as my kids though almost teenagers so fun.

Thanks

KnoxX2
05-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Get them wakeboard lessons. Sorry not try to be a A$$ just that tubes burn a lot of gas and I bet your kids would enjoy wakeboarding. I started my kids off young on the board and now the tube sits in the garage!!!!! Just my 2 cents

h2oski
05-05-2009, 11:55 PM
SCREW TUBES! Get a bayliner and go to the ruff part of the lake. Not trying to be an A$$ though.

SuperBee731
05-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Thanks guys, lot of help. Yes they will get Wakeboard lessions but want tubes as you did even if they are collecting dust. If gas was an issue I might have bought a Bayliner instead I bought a new Mastercraft X15.

JohnE
05-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Thanks guys, lot of help. Yes they will get Wakeboard lessions but want tubes as you did even if they are collecting dust. If gas was an issue I might have bought a Bayliner instead I bought a new Mastercraft X15.

You've had a couple of sketchy threads. Sounding like a troll. If you are legit, I'll apologize later. How about you join instead of logging on as a guest. If you bought a MC to tube, you might need a wheelbarrow to carry your ego in. Don't confuse that with "if you bought a MC and you tube...."

JohnE
05-06-2009, 12:55 AM
The more I think about it, you were considering an X15/ X2/ X45 yesterday and have bought an X15 today? Something fishy......

bigmac
05-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Lots of tube styles available. Overtons (http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/catalog.cgi?cname=Towables&r=browse&aID=600G)has and extensive list in their online catalogue. Another good place to review is SportsStuff (http://www.sportsstuff.com/).

You bought the boat to have fun on the water. How you and your family do that, what you pull behind your boat, is nobody's business. Buy the boat and use it to meet YOUR desires and expectations.

Yes, by all means, force your kids to learn to wakeboard or ski. While your at it, force them to take piano lessons too. Those kinds of family directives always work out well.

SuperBee731
05-06-2009, 08:51 AM
The more I think about it, you were considering an X15/ X2/ X45 yesterday and have bought an X15 today? Something fishy......

Then call Travis at Watersports Central and ask who bought the 2008 X15 in Black and Orange? Also Fishy, I posted some great prices and already helped another member with pricing for his dealer not as good as mine. I thought this was a helpful forum not a if you aren't in the click get out.

SuperBee731
05-06-2009, 08:52 AM
You've had a couple of sketchy threads. Sounding like a troll. If you are legit, I'll apologize later. How about you join instead of logging on as a guest. If you bought a MC to tube, you might need a wheelbarrow to carry your ego in. Don't confuse that with "if you bought a MC and you tube...."

By the way even though I think you are a jack ___ can someone tell me how to join I thought I was when I set up the account.

bigmac
05-06-2009, 09:08 AM
By the way even though I think you are a jack ___ can someone tell me how to join I thought I was when I set up the account.The registration process can be a little confusing since the migration to this newer format.

Read this post for more info (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=26931)...

JohnE
05-06-2009, 09:14 AM
By the way even though I think you are a jack ___ can someone tell me how to join I thought I was when I set up the account.

Please accept my apologies. We get a lot of trolling on here. I said as much in one of my posts. Especially since the prices you posted seemed unrealistically low. (Dealers sometimes don't like that) But you are right, I am often a jack___.

SuperBee731
05-06-2009, 10:14 AM
The registration process can be a little confusing since the migration to this newer format.

Read this post for more info (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=26931)...

Thanks I emailed Phil.

SuperBee731
05-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Please accept my apologies. We get a lot of trolling on here. I said as much in one of my posts. Especially since the prices you posted seemed unrealistically low. (Dealers sometimes don't like that) But you are right, I am often a jack___.

Sorry for name calling I just thought I was asking some questions on a MasterCraft forum on MasterCraft boats. I never until that posted mentioned the dealers name as that is against MasterCrafts rules. Thanks for the info for Phil and I emailed him. All is good.

JohnE
05-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Sorry for name calling I just thought I was asking some questions on a MasterCraft forum on MasterCraft boats. I never until that posted mentioned the dealers name as that is against MasterCrafts rules. Thanks for the info for Phil and I emailed him. All is good.

No problem. My bad initially. Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new boat!:cool:

ttu
05-06-2009, 10:25 AM
the best place i have found to store the tubes is in the attic, that way the kids don't know where they are:D

ttu
05-06-2009, 10:26 AM
also congrats on the boat. one of the requirements is that you have to post a pic of it and a pic of a hottie in the swimsuit thread.

mccobmd
05-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Hey superbee, just understand that for 90+ percent of people on this forum tubes are a huge pain. I can deal with the wakes of other skiers/boarders because they pick a line and keep it. People with tubes go every which way making it impossible to ski/board because they cut off your line. It's not that some don't tube, they just do it when it's too rough for anything else. If you want tube then great, just watch for others and try not to cut off their line.

dummy
05-06-2009, 10:53 AM
I just run a Zodiac roundie from West Marine. Not too expensive and it's a lot of fun. We can putt along for the kids, or my buddy launched his 20-year old brother-in-law 'bout 10-feet in the air with it, so I guess it's a multipurpose unit. :D

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd176/chinhazel/IMG_4151.jpg

Just remember not to attach the tow rope to your tower. Tubing creates a lot more drag and stresses the tower mounts in the gel way more than a rider on a low-drag wakeboard.

CantRepeat
05-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Hey Dummy, let's see that 10 foot launch photo!!! (that's gonna leave a mark)!

Sodar
05-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Tube for Sale!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=28843

dummy
05-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Hey Dummy, let's see that 10 foot launch photo!!! (that's gonna leave a mark)!

I wish!!! My buddy borrowed my tube and was pulling him behind his '06 MB B52 running 'bout 1,000 lbs ballast in the tanks (we were surfing). The kid was ABOVE the top of the tower, body straight as a board, twirling head-over-heels. I saw it from shore 'bout 250 yards away. Thought he was dead but nope, not a blemish. I always forget how indestructible I was at that age.

SuperBee731
05-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Hey superbee, just understand that for 90+ percent of people on this forum tubes are a huge pain. I can deal with the wakes of other skiers/boarders because they pick a line and keep it. People with tubes go every which way making it impossible to ski/board because they cut off your line. It's not that some don't tube, they just do it when it's too rough for anything else. If you want tube then great, just watch for others and try not to cut off their line.

I always respect other boaters and what they are doing. My lake is never that busy and I work at home so we don't go out on busy days. We go in the evenings or early morning, but thanks for the info.