PDA

View Full Version : Retrofit Fold Down Swim Platform Brackets!

TMCNo1
05-05-2009, 03:55 PM
I have been working in conjunction with Tim Creighton, (TT member XPC Sealman) XPC Bearings/Vesconite USA, Director of New Product Development @ OJ Props and Eric Johnson (TT member EJ OJPROP) of OJ Propellers on retrofit fold down swim platform bracket kit for some of the older boats.
The following pictures are of the prototype product as I installed them for a preliminary fit on our '89 ProStar 190.
As it stands right now, the following boats can accept these fold down platform bracket kits that will be available through OJ Props and Mastercraft Boat Co. Availability, application, type of finish and pricing should be available shortly by Eric @ OJ Props, http://www.ojprops.com/contact_us and MasterCraft.

86-90 PS 190
91-94 PS 190
95-97 PS 190

92-95 PS 205
96-98 PS 205
99-2005 PS 205

Applications for the earlier model 19 Skiers and Stars and Stripes are yet to be determined and is being worked on presently.

Kit shipped in a prop box,
All the required parts,
Platform with on OEM brackets, no room to walk behind,
Removable platform brackets (2 bolts into 4 bolt block on the transom)(regular brackets bolt to transom with 4 bolts of the same pattern) with platform removed,
Center transom brace with platform removed,

Monte
05-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Finally!!!!! Congrats Harold!!!!

TMCNo1
05-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Removable platform block on transom after 2 bolt platform bracket is removed,
Removable platform transom block removed and area cleaned up as best it could be and will be sealed and covered up later,
Symmetrical fold down pins with .095"dia. weedeater line tethers, solderless connectors and vinyl caps on the ends, and spacer tubing to prevent rattling and loss,
New fold down transom block, will be silicone sealed and old allen head bolts reused,
New "U" fold down bracket bolted to transom block with pins/tethers installed,

TMCNo1
05-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Fold down portion of the platform brackets installed on the "U" bracket and in up position, with the locking pins installed,
Fold down portion of the platform brackets installed on the "U" bracket and folded down for fit.
OEM center brace with holes covered with vinyl non-skid pad, top and bottom and will still be used, but just for support of the center of the platform and not screwed to the platform,
Both fold down platform brackets installed,
Platform was positioned, new holes for screws marked, drilled and the platform was mounted to the brackets and as with the old brackets, no room to walk behind,

TMCNo1
05-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Platform is now folded down and there is room to walk behind,
Once more,

Everything has been disassembled, boxed up and sent back to OJ Props for clean up and to receive their finish. When they are returned to me, I will post pictures in this post of the final product installation.

Man, this has been more fun than you can imagine!
Thanks to Tim and Eric, you guys have your act together!

ttu
05-05-2009, 04:02 PM
looks great harold.

and all this time i thought eric was sending you a case of teak oil:D

JohnE
05-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Thankfully you can now get a beer out of the fridge!:D

Just kidding. Looks like a great option for anyone with those boats.

coz
05-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Way to go #1 :headbang:

bcampbe7
05-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Looks great Harold!

I think he did this so that his wife can get to the washer and dryer easier! :D

x-10ron
05-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Looks good #1,
I noticed that your floors a shade off from matching your teak.:D:D

SkiDog
05-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Looks good Harold! BTW, That tennis ball looks just like the ones on your walker!:D

coz
05-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Looks good Harold! BTW, That tennis ball looks just like the ones on your walker!:D

:uglyhamme

Sodar
05-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Looks Great, Harold! How would you rate the install?

Are you going to PC the brackets black or leave them??

bcampbe7
05-05-2009, 04:44 PM

I bet he polishes them!

brucemac
05-05-2009, 04:47 PM
wow, those are sweet!!!

nice work!

any idea when those will be available through OJ? later this summer?

TMCNo1
05-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Thankfully you can now get a beer out of the fridge!:D

Just kidding. Looks like a great option for anyone with those boats.

If that's the case, the beers will be froze solid as a rock in the stand up freezer, but right now, I could use a cold one!

Monte
05-05-2009, 04:52 PM

Those will be or already are nickel plated

brucemac
05-05-2009, 04:54 PM
i'm ASSuming since the 205 is covered, that would include the 205V's as well?

me likes!

Sodar
05-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Those will be or already are nickel plated

Even so, they are nothing special and do not match anything. I am sure Harold will not be leaving something without wh*ring it up somehow.

TMCNo1
05-05-2009, 04:55 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_19.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000) That's funny, but it saves nicks in the platform from the freezer handle, been there, done that!

TMCNo1
05-05-2009, 04:59 PM
wow, those are sweet!!!

nice work!

any idea when those will be available through OJ? later this summer?

Probably in the next few weeks or so, they are already working with another owner on fitting up set on a newer boat than ours.

TMCNo1
05-05-2009, 05:04 PM

Easy enough, took 3/4 hour to remove the old stuff, clean up, 1 hour to install and 10 minutes to disassemble to ship back. I'll take my time on the final installation, so I'm figuring 1 1/2 hours work to do it right.
Lets say they should look good with the S/S rudder and prop if all goes right!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_2.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000)

TMCNo1
05-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Even so, they are nothing special and do not match anything. I am sure Harold will not be leaving something without wh*ring it up somehow.

You know me well enough, that I will make you proud!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_1.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000)

TMCNo1
05-05-2009, 05:10 PM

me likes!

Should be, just as long as the transom configuration is the same.

P-hat_in_Cincy
05-05-2009, 05:18 PM

me likes!

They will be soon! I have been working with Tim and Eric too. Stay tuned!

Looks nice Harold!

Jimmauburn
05-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Hey Harold you know I have the same '89 Prostar and would love to have a setup like that myself ?? Who do I need to call and what kind of money are we talking about ?? I am in serious need for that and a break-away on the front of my trailer so I can put it all in the garage without having to turn it sideways and take up the whole garage !!!!!!

brucemac
05-05-2009, 05:34 PM
They will be soon! I have been working with Tim and Eric too. Stay tuned!

Looks nice Harold!

ssuuuweeet!

TMCNo1
05-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Hey Harold you know I have the same '89 Prostar and would love to have a setup like that myself ?? Who do I need to call and what kind of money are we talking about ?? I am in serious need for that and a break-away on the front of my trailer so I can put it all in the garage without having to turn it sideways and take up the whole garage !!!!!!

Just talk to Eric here, http://www.ojprops.com/contact_us, he can fill you in on the details.

CantRepeat
05-05-2009, 06:58 PM
That's really nice. I'm sure all the people with storage issues will be on top of that upgrade. Come to think of it, I might have to get some glass work done on my boat so I can install them and get rid of the grap rail back there.

zberger
05-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Looks great Harold!

I think he did this so that his wife can get to the washer and dryer easier! :D

thats what i was thinking, hah

rholmes
05-05-2009, 08:32 PM
That's really nice. I'm sure all the people with storage issues will be on top of that upgrade. Come to think of it, I might have to get some glass work done on my boat so I can install them and get rid of the grap rail back there.

Amen to that! Not much love out there for our weird @$$ extended grab rail on old maristars. I spoke at some point with one of the other companies that makes these and a custom set would have run around $400.

Covi
05-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Hey Harold,

I've already made a comment about the brackets. Again they are awesome thanks to you, OJ and all the other people involved. I can't wait to get my mitts on a set.

bridomine99
05-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Very nice...I'm headed to his website!

XPC Sealman
05-06-2009, 08:24 AM
They are for sure not $400 at OJ we will always take care of you! I have been working with (tt member P-hat in Cincy) on his 205V so we should have those comming soon with his photos as well...

Tim

point1234
05-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Sweet, I was in awe when these were being put on the new boats and I was like how do I get a set for my boat. 06 X1

CantRepeat
05-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Amen to that! Not much love out there for our weird @$$ extended grab rail on old maristars. I spoke at some point with one of the other companies that makes these and a custom set would have run around $400.

That's not a bad price really. Who was it that you spoke to?

I'm also thinking that if you cut off the part of the rail that runs from the boat to the platform and then add a piece of stainless at the very end that runs straight down to the boat you could keep the rail and add some strength to it.

loeweb
05-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Brackets look great. Teak deck looks like it might be turning a little black though:D

CantRepeat
05-06-2009, 05:07 PM
BTW: did anyone notice that Harold's parquet flooring in his garage is just as shinny as his platform?

mayo93prostar
05-06-2009, 05:19 PM
No1, how many inches does this shave off of the length from the transom, i.e how much does it shorten it up? I currently remove my platform and hang it on the wall beside the boat in order to fit it in the garage and that is with the pitots very close to the back wall. therefore, I do not think this will help me but it does look great and it is great that OJ is working with you to develop this product. Thanks Eric at OJ for stepping up.

Jim@BAWS
05-06-2009, 05:23 PM
BTW: did anyone notice that Harold's parquet flooring in his garage is just as shinny as his platform?

I see a frig there also...Are you sure that it is not being kept in the kitchen by chance.

I heard from a friend of a friend that on occasion Harold sleeps in his boat. Just a rumor maybe...but its does add up. Nice floor and a frig it could be in the kitchen

Jim@BAWS

JMann
05-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Very nice...I'm headed to his website!

What website are you going to? I can't find them at OJ props.com. How much are they and where can I get them for a 1991 PS190?

OhioX14
05-06-2009, 06:01 PM
First let me say congrats to Harold and the individuals involved with this project as the engineering and workmanship are absolutely first class. Nicely done!

However, as an owner of a boat with the factory supplied swing down platform I've never understood all the hoopla and fascination with this feature, and to be quite honest, I wish I didn't have them. I realize that it's a personal thing and that everyone has different needs, and that those who have to remove (or fold down) the platform after every time out will find these things a god send. But for me they're a pain in the a$$. I, like many others, keep my boat on a lift all season long and store it once a year hence there is only the need to remove the platform that one time. However, taking the platform off completely and reinstalling to refinish it is a pain in the a$$ with the swing down brackets as reassembly is not very fun. Plus, the platform wants to jump up and down on a rough lake which can't be good over the long term. Most days I wish I had the old style brackets that came on my X9.

Just my two cents and I have a hunch I'm in the minority on this one.

Once again, great work to all on these new brackets, For what they are, they were done VERY well!

TMCNo1
05-06-2009, 08:42 PM
No1, how many inches does this shave off of the length from the transom, i.e how much does it shorten it up? I currently remove my platform and hang it on the wall beside the boat in order to fit it in the garage and that is with the pitots very close to the back wall. therefore, I do not think this will help me but it does look great and it is great that OJ is working with you to develop this product. Thanks Eric at OJ for stepping up.

Approximately 13" of room now when before I had only 1".

TMCNo1
05-06-2009, 09:02 PM
What website are you going to? I can't find them at OJ props.com. How much are they and where can I get them for a 1991 PS190?
Apparently you haven't read any of the previous posts in the thread.

As it stands right now, the following boats can accept these fold down platform bracket kits that will be available through OJ Props and Mastercraft Boat Co. Availability, application, type of finish and pricing should be available shortly by Eric @ OJ Props, http://www.ojprops.com/contact_us and MasterCraft.

86-90 PS 190
91-94 PS 190
95-97 PS 190
92-95 PS 205
96-98 PS 205
99-2005 PS 205

Applications for the earlier model 19 Skiers and Stars and Stripes are yet to be determined and is being worked on presently

Eric hasn't added the retrofit kit to OJ Props, "Products/Accessories portion of their website yet, here, http://www.ojprops.com/home, but if you have any questions concerning the product, call Eric @ OJ Props here, http://www.ojprops.com/contact_us and you can watch the fold down platform demo video for the current boats under "Accessories" here, http://www.ojprops.com/products/folddown_platform_bracket.

g-Dog
05-06-2009, 09:13 PM

12" for less than $400...you're going to put Pfizer out of business. 8p

TOO-TALL
05-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Great job..

I saw these on a newer boat and was impressed.
I'm lucky I guess because my garage is deep enough so i can leave my platform on in the garage.
For someone with limited space I can see how this would help and make folding the platfrom a one person job.

Again great job.

Footin
05-06-2009, 11:29 PM
I look forward to seeing the price tag on these, I would love to have a set.

chrisorosco
05-27-2009, 11:05 PM
I have a 2006 Mastercraft X-30 and leave it moored on a buoy all summer in Lake Tahoe. With the swim platform cantilevering out behind the boat, it takes a severe beating in the heavy chop of the lake. Last summer I actually had not one but two platforms break off and sink. The original brackets are just too weak to withstand the force & eventually crack (near the pin holes). We've routed out the teak to reduce the surface area, but it's still too much for the brackets to handle.

I was hoping to find someone who has manufactured a fold-UP platform bracket, which could pull the platform up off the surface of the water and protect it from taking a pounding when the boat is moored. Has anyone made one of these? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had this problem, as the local dealer actually confirms he's been replacing A LOT of broken platform brackets...

Please help!

XPC Sealman
05-28-2009, 09:16 AM
With your help we are on it! just get with me and i will look into this option for your X30 MasterCraft.

trickskier
05-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Looks GREAT Harold!

Eagle Lake Rebel
05-28-2009, 10:23 AM
XPC Sealman, I'd be game for one on my X30 also. For boats with the standard wakeplate (X30 & 45) having the swim board pviot up instead of down might be the way to go. If I can help with dimensions let me know.

TMCNo1
05-28-2009, 10:54 AM
XPC Sealman, I'd be game for one on my X30 also. For boats with the standard wakeplate (X30 & 45) having the swim board pviot up instead of down might be the way to go. If I can help with dimensions let me know.

In all seriousness, understanding the geometry of how the normal fold down brackets work, you might just be asking for the near impossible for a one off fold up set of brackets, but I'll let XPC Sealman answer that for sure.
How many inches does the wakeplate extend out beyond the transom?

bbeach
05-28-2009, 12:50 PM
In all seriousness when will we see the finished product pics? Harold I have the same boat you do and this would be a sweet addition on my boat! I've already installed the bimini, hot water shower, stereo, heated drivers seat, PPass, etc... I'm running out of cool stuff to do!:)

shepherd
05-28-2009, 01:11 PM
In all seriousness when will we see the finished product pics? Harold I have the same boat you do and this would be a sweet addition on my boat! I've already installed the bimini, hot water shower, stereo, heated drivers seat, PPass, etc... I'm running out of cool stuff to do!:)

No ballast? :rolleyes:

bbeach
05-28-2009, 01:22 PM
Ballast is for people who can't ski and have to ride one of those wakeboard thingies.

mcmx2
05-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Sorry for the thread hijack, but I noticed that you are or were a Kstate skier. I skied for K-state back in the early 90s. I had an 89 prostar190 that I skied behind until this last fall. I am in the southeast now but my family is still in Manhattan Kansas. Lots of good memories on old Tuttle Creek lake.

TMCNo1
05-28-2009, 02:10 PM

Soon!!!!!! I just got this message from XPC Sealman,
"Harold, the brackets are coming out of the dip tonight. Then they will be on the road!"

Jim@BAWS
05-28-2009, 03:36 PM

Anyone that has gone from 1 in to 13 inches is the MAN. They have pills for this I think

Jim@BAWS

bbeach
05-28-2009, 04:05 PM
MCMX2

I used to be a kstateskier - 97-02 I was at KState. Now I live/ work in Springfield, MO - ski at Table Rock Lake and Lake Freddie. I actually don't have very many fond memories of Tuttle Creek - that place was a wind tunnel! I have a 90 Prostar 190 (with a better teak platform than Harold! yeah I said it -there ha) - what a coincidence!

TMCNo1
06-03-2009, 06:06 PM
The Fold Down Swim Platform Bracket Retrofit project is complete.
I got them back today from OJ Props and XPC Bearings after clean up and plating.
I applied silicone to the gelcoat and to the allenhead bolts to seal the blocks up when bolted to the transom. I installed the "C" brackets to the transom blocks using Loctite on the allenhead bolts also attaching the clip tethers behind the top outside bolt. Installed the platform brackets to the "C" bracket, then screwed the platform on and after some minor fine tuning, all works well.
Thanks to Eric Johnson @ OJ Props and Tim Creighton (XPC Sealman) @ XPC Bearings-Vesconite USA, http://www.ojprops.com/contact_us. This project is proof of your dedication to MasterCraft Boat Company, it's owners and your watersports customers around the world. Job well done!
Anyone interested in these brackets for the older boats, please contact them.

TMCNo1
06-03-2009, 06:08 PM
More,

TMCNo1
06-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Last 2,

ttu
06-03-2009, 06:10 PM
looks great harold!:toast:

now grab a beer out of the fridge.

SkiDog
06-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Looks great Harold! NOW will you let me use the platform to strap on my skyski?:D

Sodar
06-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Looks great, Harold!

Is that finish an available option? :D

Monte
06-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Looks great Harold.. Kinda makes me wish my platform was not molded in as part of the boat

TMCNo1
06-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Looks great, Harold!

Is that finish an available option? :D
Apparently so, but check with Eric @ OJ to be sure.

XPC Sealman
06-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Yes, the available options are clear (factory) Black or nickel (Harolds)

brucemac
06-03-2009, 10:41 PM
looks awesome. nice work!

georgea0731
06-03-2009, 11:45 PM
I know it may vary depending on boat model, but approximately how much (range) for the complete set?
Some models will have to have their exhaust tips replaced, right? What about an 03 197?

Thanks and great job for making this, and making it available for MC owners.

TMCNo1
06-04-2009, 01:00 AM
I know it may vary depending on boat model, but approximately how much (range) for the complete set?
Some models will have to have their exhaust tips replaced, right? What about an 03 197?

I suggest talking to OJ Props directly, thanks.

Sodar
06-04-2009, 01:15 AM

The kits for the newer boats can be bought from the dealer. A retrofit has been done here (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=19112) on a 209.

Prices for newer models can be found here. (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=18768)

georgea0731
06-05-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't know if I have the standard 03 exhaust or not since its got Anniversary under gear. Or any 02+ 197 owners with the same exhaust added a folding platform? So has anyone put a folding platform on a 35th Ann.? If so, did you have to replace the exhaust tips. I had read that some boats replace the tips, but can't find the thread or which models it is. I talked to MC and OJ and they said there's about 6 inches of clearance, but I don't have my boat with me. Any help would be appreciated.
BTW I popped the garage wall with the platform last weekend and I even have huge stops (that I don't think they've moved) and done it for 5 years without any issues. So now I need this folding platform, but need to verify whether I need tips or not.
I've included a picture of the tips.

Sodar
06-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Thats not the period correct platform for the 35th's, is it?

TMCNo1
06-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Thats not the period correct platform for the 35th's, is it?

The OEM that came on the 35th were black fiberglass with the inlaid teak.

bcampbe7
06-05-2009, 02:10 PM
That is not the same boat.

ttu
06-05-2009, 02:12 PM
i was thinking the samething, plus i am "pretty" sure they never made a 35th 197 "wakeboard edition":confused:

Sodar
06-05-2009, 02:30 PM
That is not the same boat.

That's why you are the dork of the group!

i was thinking the samething, plus i am "pretty" sure they never made a 35th 197 "wakeboard edition":confused:

Thanks @ss!

georgea0731
06-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Here's a shot of the original platform.

ttu
06-05-2009, 03:05 PM
That's why you are the dork of the group!

Thanks @ss!

gee cameron, bored today!:uglyhamme

Sodar
06-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Looking at the way the platform folds, it would look like the brackets would work with the exhaust tips.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=48074&d=1244063322

dpolen
06-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Here's a shot of the original platform.

What happened to the original, that thing is georgeous!! I'd love to replace the black rubber on my platform with the wood (assume that's the real stuff).

TMCNo1
06-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Another view of the platform folded down,

Sodar
06-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Another view of the platform folded down,

Did the boat get dunked recently??? :cool:

TMCNo1
06-22-2009, 06:14 PM
Did the boat get dunked recently??? :cool:

Oh yea!...............:D

stuartmcnair
06-23-2009, 12:02 PM
that would make it sooooo much easier to clean around the exhaust...that drives me crazy

are these in production yet?

Maristar210
06-23-2009, 12:15 PM
XPCsealman or Eric at OJ have them

MODEL BASE ARM LENGTH
Flat or 90 (inches)
PS-190 90 22.0
PS-197 90 22.0
PS-209 90

CSX Flat 22.0

X-1 Flat 22.0
X-2 / 200 Flat 22.0
X-7 90
X-9 90
X-15 / 215 Flat 22.0
XSTAR 90 22.0
X-30 / 230 90 22.0
X-45 / 245 90 22.0
X-80 38.0

CSX Flat 22.0

200SS Flat 22.0
X-2SS Flat 22.0
215SS Flat 22.0
X-15SS Flat 22.0
XSTAR SS 90 22.0
230SS 90 22.0
X-30SS 90 22.0
245SS 90 22.0
X-45SS 90 22.0
280SS 38.0
X-80SS 38.0

TMCNo1
06-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Matt, I just got a pm from Eric @ OJ and he gave me your #, I'll call you, here's the picture of the old brackets,

SOLD

TMCNo1
06-23-2009, 12:55 PM
that would make it sooooo much easier to clean around the exhaust...that drives me crazy

are these in production yet?
Also make for easy cleaning /waxing of the transom where the platform is near the gelcoat and you can't get to it unless you remove the platform, but now it's really simple.
I think they went ahead and made up 10 sets for stock.

corey
06-23-2009, 01:27 PM
DPOLEN, I think I have a teak platform that would fit your boat. It's not properly labeled but I am 90% sure its the right one.

brucemac
06-23-2009, 04:29 PM
any headway with paul from cincy on his 205?

XPC Sealman
06-23-2009, 04:49 PM
The designs are done. I am just waiting on a open machine to get his prototype set cut and to him.

stuartmcnair
06-24-2009, 12:06 AM
I like them but I notice that Harold (shockingly) uses different bolts for his platform than I use for mine. Are these set up for the standard bolt pattern or for Mr. Customize Everything?

TMCNo1
06-24-2009, 12:33 AM
I like them but I notice that Harold (shockingly) uses different bolts for his platform than I use for mine. Are these set up for the standard bolt pattern or for Mr. Customize Everything?

When I had the brackets powdercoated, I changed everything over to s/s allenhead bolts, washers, etc.

XPC Sealman
06-24-2009, 09:14 AM
The Bolts that are now visable are designed only to thread into the block and don't hit the gel-coat. Obviously, there are the (original) bolts that are holding the block to the transom as well.

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-14-2009, 11:40 AM
any headway with paul from cincy on his 205?

The designs are done. I am just waiting on a open machine to get his prototype set cut and to him.

Yeah...what he said!

As an update, 1 set is done and the other set should be completed soon.

XPC Sealman
07-14-2009, 12:07 PM
The set is completed and is on it's way to the shop... we should have them by Friday!

americanskierJim
01-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Hello TMCNo1, I Got in touch with Tim C. on a set of the drop down teak kit. He is a real great guy. I am here in Michigan and he drove up to see what project I was doing. My DAD and I own a body shop and come to find out we have worked on there family's cars for years.So we stared a friendship in the boating area. Tim looked over the boat and is verry happy that I am redoing the "80" LTD. He is the man to talk to when you need parts. Just my little story.

TMCNo1
01-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Hello TMCNo1, I Got in touch with Tim C. on a set of the drop down teak kit. He is a real great guy. I am here in Michigan and he drove up to see what project I was doing. My DAD and I own a body shop and come to find out we have worked on there family's cars for years.So we stared a friendship in the boating area. Tim looked over the boat and is verry happy that I am redoing the "80" LTD. He is the man to talk to when you need parts. Just my little story.

Great to hear, I hope to meet him someday.

H20skeefreek
04-15-2010, 08:08 AM
Just spoke to Eric via email, they have a kit for the '85 hull now. $270. Ordering in a few weeks.

justinglow
02-08-2011, 10:53 PM
What happened to the pictures on this thread?

Sodar
02-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Harold took his ball and went home.

jrhollow
05-23-2011, 01:44 PM
FYI - I spoke with someone at OJ and they are not currently producing the brackets for the 205v hull. They haven't had enough volume to warrant machining them.

d2jp
08-31-2011, 07:00 PM
Are there any pictures of the installation and/or details of what is involved in a retrofit of this fold down bracket for an 89 (or that era) Prostar with the factory fixed brackets?

My boat will just barely fit in my garage with the platform on it. I only plan on keeping it in the garage during the winters. I could just unbolt it for storage and re-install it during the spring...but with this bracket it might have semi-permanent home there:)

Thanks,

Jack

zsqure
07-17-2012, 09:45 AM
BUEHLER? BUEHLER?
Any pictures of these? would like to get my garage space back. Boat takes 2 spaces now.

MCVOLS
07-17-2012, 09:54 AM
http://www.ojprops.com/products

scroll to the bottom.

d2jp
07-17-2012, 09:48 PM
BUEHLER? BUEHLER?
Any pictures of these? would like to get my garage space back. Boat takes 2 spaces now.

What boat?

zsqure
07-21-2012, 08:42 PM
1988 ps 90

dchatagnon
06-04-2014, 05:29 AM
Hi,

I'm waking up this thread as my platform bracket has broken yesterday on my 93 prostar 190. It is the aluminium piece that attach to the hull.

do you know where I can find new ones which are compatible with original holes? I don't want to drill new holes in the hull....:confused:

I have seen some discussions on the forum regarding OJ but the pictures posted byTMCN01 are not yet available.
As usual, big thanks for your help.