PDA

View Full Version : Private Ski Lakes In California?

justtrimit
05-05-2009, 02:02 PM
So I have heard there are some private ski lakes in california. Does anyone know about this? Also can you bring jet skiis cuz a few of my buddies have some really cool, fast and tricked out jet skiis that we just get tickled over. Let me know man these lakes sound like a really good deal. I want some first hand knowledge on these lakes.

Sodar
05-05-2009, 02:05 PM
So I have heard there are some private ski lakes in california. Does anyone know about this? Also can you bring jet skiis cuz a few of my buddies have some really cool, fast and tricked out jet skiis that we just get tickled over. Let me know man these lakes sound like a really good deal. I want some first hand knowledge on these lakes.

Super Secret, Super Private, and LEAVE THE %#&^@ Jet Skis at home! :D

justtrimit
05-05-2009, 02:24 PM
hey soda do you know of any lakes like this. you seem very seasoned in this boating deal.

Craig
05-05-2009, 02:31 PM
I can tell you that you will probably not find a single private lake that will let you come tear around with some jet skis. That is easy enough to do on much larger public water so why would you need a private lake to begin with?

If you want to do some skiing on private lakes post a message here:

www.thewaterskiforum.com

or

www.skifly.com

That may help you find some private waters.

TMCNo1
05-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Now what's the name of the lake Rodell skis on??????????:rolleyes::D

I think there is a reason private lakes are developed, to have great ski condition's w/o smokers/toobers messing up the water.

Sodar
05-05-2009, 02:45 PM
hey soda do you know of any lakes like this. you seem very seasoned in this boating deal.

Yeah, all the private lakes in our Area are out in Newberry Springs, CA or Bakersfield... I know the Newberry Area.

The only private, non-ski course lakes are Lake Jodie, Calico Lake and Crystal Lake (All Allow Skis... UNFORTUNATELY!)

The ski-course lakes that laugh at you if your bring a trailer with Jet-Skis on it are Sundown Lake 1 & 2, Cheyenne Lake, Wet Set Village, Great Lakes, and a few ultra-private lakes that pretty much only the owner lives on (i.e-Horton Lake)

We had a place on Calico for 5 years and then moved to Lake Jodie in 1992. We just sold out house on Lake Jodie after 16 years.

Betsy and David Harrison can help you on the Bakersfield lakes, but ALL of those are ski course lakes... not too sure they are 205v compliant! :D

elway
05-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Since we are discussing private lakes on the west coast (specifically southern ca) does anyone have any info on Vail Lake out in Temecula? I heard about it a couple weeks back, but dont know the general water quality, size, etc....

Sodar
05-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Since we are discussing private lakes on the west coast (specifically southern ca) does anyone have any info on Vail Lake out in Temecula? I heard about it a couple weeks back, but dont know the general water quality, size, etc....

Looks like it would get pretty rough and blown out... looks like only fishing, too.

http://www.vaillakeresort.com

coz
05-05-2009, 03:05 PM

If you like fishing Vail is a nice lake http://www.vaillakeresort.com/index.php?p=1_1_Home

justmowit
05-05-2009, 03:27 PM
are there any lakes in the area that will allow a 205v and if so what do have to do get on them I have recently got into barefooting and want to find flat flat water

elway
05-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Well, my brother in law actually went there to ski and said it was ok, but then again he is not much of a skier. Hence my questions on the quality. It looks like they sell memberships for both fishing and boarding.

On the plus side, it probably is nice and warm in the summer months...

Sodar
05-05-2009, 03:31 PM
are there any lakes in the area that will allow a 205v and if so what do have to do get on them I have recently got into barefooting and want to find flat flat water

Buy a house. All of them require home ownership to use the lake.

All the private, non-course lakes will allow your 205v.

justmowit
05-05-2009, 03:32 PM
thanks soder

Sodar
05-05-2009, 03:35 PM
thanks soder

No problem, justmawit! :rolleyes:

justmowit
05-05-2009, 03:41 PM
sorry sodar!!!

Sodar
05-05-2009, 03:46 PM
sorry sodar!!!

Where in the LBC are you?

justmowit
05-05-2009, 03:49 PM
near the long beach air port but my boat lives in temecula marrietta area

Sodar
05-05-2009, 03:50 PM
near the long beach air port but my boat lives in temecula marrietta area

Gotcha. Where do you guys go? Havasu, Parker, Blythe, Lower River?

justmowit
05-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Just started going back to parker done a little havasu and used to spend time in the needles area but started out in parker. Next trip planned is to parker memorial day

Sodar
05-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Just started going back to parker done a little havasu and used to spend time in the needles area but started out in parker. Next trip planned is to parker memorial day

Better be up by 4:30 if you are planning on footing. There are a few here that frequent parker. Coz, is a big parker guy. I get out there 3 or 4 times during the summer. Where do you guys stay?

justmowit
05-05-2009, 03:57 PM
dont know yet have a couple of options a friend of a friend who I will be brining with me has a trailor at a the riverland and I have some ties to a firefighter friend who said I could use his place at the rio park

coz
05-05-2009, 04:38 PM
I have some ties to a firefighter friend who said I could use his place at the rio park

The Rio? just went to a big party there 2 weeks ago :D

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/005-26.jpg

justtrimit
05-05-2009, 04:46 PM
holy smokes why is everyone on here being such a debbie downer about my buddies jet skis. We dont like to get all crazy on them just need a little area to do some barrel rolls and submarines. hey soda u go to the river i see. where abouts do you stay?

Sodar
05-05-2009, 04:51 PM
holy smokes why is everyone on here being such a debbie downer about my buddies jet skis. We dont like to get all crazy on them just need a little area to do some barrel rolls and submarines. hey soda u go to the river i see. where abouts do you stay?

Don't get too butt hurt about the Jet Skis. They just belong on the river and lakes... not on a ski lake.

I usually go to Parker or Blythe.

If I go to Blythe, I stay at a few friends' places about 15 miles out of town. I am currently looking for a place in the same area.

justtrimit
05-05-2009, 05:06 PM
thats pretty cool. i have driven by there a few times nice place. is your mastercraft the only boat you run out there or do you have another boat you run

coz
05-05-2009, 05:15 PM
thats pretty cool u have at the rio. i have driven by there a few times nice place. is your mastercraft the only boat you run out there or do you have another boat you run

Me? if so, we run the MC and the Tri-Toon

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/River006.jpg

Sodar
05-05-2009, 05:15 PM
thats pretty cool u have at the rio. i have driven by there a few times nice place. is your mastercraft the only boat you run out there or do you have another boat you run

Right now, that is all I personally run. My best friend has a Schiada V-drive. Typically it is ski runs in the morning with the MC, my boat on the trailer and then we use their boats all day long.

I am actually looking for a 'toon. I need a bigger boat weekend after next for my girlfriend's birthday party, so hopefully I can come up with something soon.

Sodar
05-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Me? if so, we run the MC and the Tri-Toon

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/River006.jpg

Wanna rent the toon for the weekend? :confused:

justtrimit
05-05-2009, 05:23 PM
what color are the hallett and the schiada i have seen a few of those there before. very nie boats wouldnt mind having one myself someday.

justtrimit
05-05-2009, 05:29 PM
very nice boats where is that pic at

coz
05-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Wanna rent the toon for the weekend? :confused:

The way you take care of your boat that would be no problem if the boat wasn't used every weekend. Between my mom & her husband, my sisters and myself it's always in the water. Plus the trailer isn't registered and has no lights because the storage is right across the street so it's never hit the highway since 1991 (about an 1/8 mile from ramp to storage).
I will say if you see it out there you're welcome to join us for a bar cruise or just a floating party, which is what it's used for :D

Sodar
05-05-2009, 07:50 PM
The way you take care of your boat that would be no problem if the boat wasn't used every weekend. Between my mom & her husband, my sisters and myself it's always in the water. Plus the trailer isn't registered and has no lights because the storage is right across the street so it's never hit the highway since 1991 (about an 1/8 mile from ramp to storage).
I will say if you see it out there you're welcome to join us for a bar cruise or just a floating party, which is what it's used for :D

We rented a house in the Keys for my GF's birthday next weekend. My bother and a few of my friends were supposed to be out there for the weekend with their boats, so we had plenty of room for everyone. Now, everyone with a boat has bagged out and I am trying to figure out how to get 12 people around on a 19' MC!! I am actually thinking about buying a pontoon for the weekend and selling it when it is all over. Just some newly added stress that I would have rather not dealt with!

coz
05-05-2009, 08:21 PM
We rented a house in the Keys for my GF's birthday next weekend. My bother and a few of my friends were supposed to be out there for the weekend with their boats, so we had plenty of room for everyone. Now, everyone with a boat has bagged out and I am trying to figure out how to get 12 people around on a 19' MC!! I am actually thinking about buying a pontoon for the weekend and selling it when it is all over. Just some newly added stress that I would have rather not dealt with!

If you go up to the dam there's a guy that rents toons & jetskis right behind the diner. There's a big storage right behind here (it's where our toon is) and he parks the toons & skis right along the storage road. I couldn't tell how much he is though.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/003-24.jpg

The side road is to the right and Hwy 95 is to the left, you can see it. It's right across the hwy from moonridge marina.

Sodar
05-05-2009, 08:26 PM
You know what the place is called so I can google it?

coz
05-05-2009, 08:58 PM
You know what the place is called so I can google it?

I'll do one better for ya http://www.arizonawatersports.com/parkerma.htm :D

The first link is the parker link, here's the home link http://www.arizonawatersports.com/index.htm

kevinNeal
05-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Cameron
Used to go out to Lake Jodie in the early 80's friends have a house out there. Did you know the Vanbastelars , Dean was his first name. Fun little lake but small, nice and private

Sodar
05-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Cameron
Used to go out to Lake Jodie in the early 80's friends have a house out there. Did you know the Vanbastelars , Dean was his first name. Fun little lake but small, nice and private

Yeah, I know Dean and his dad Al... they lived 2 doors down from us.

kevinNeal
05-28-2009, 02:44 AM
Yeah, I know Dean and his dad Al... they lived 2 doors down from us.

Small world. Al had a pastacio farm out there. We went out there twice amonth for years. Lost contact with Dean years ago
Kevin

wayboarder
05-29-2009, 04:11 AM
ive been going to Lake jodie since I was born. A whole 25 years.

X2M
05-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Don't know if there are many Central Valley people on here? Thought I would post this anyway since we are on the topic of Private Ski Lakes in California.

Sierra View Sports and Recreation is looking for a couple of new members. There are two lakes on the property. Ski lake with a course and a Wakeboard lake. BBQ areas, covered luncheon areas, dock systems and family friendly.

PM me for more info if you have questions or are interested in becoming a member.

:)

Ramhouse
05-29-2009, 04:20 PM
You can try Lake Elsinore, just south of Corona. They have an area with a course that is maintained by California Skiier, the Mastercraft dealer in the area. You can get a permit from them for it, and ajoining this area is the lake for your friends pwcs. Olny permitted boats are allowed in the course area and it is patrolled heavely.

FoggyNogginz
06-22-2009, 11:38 PM
I love nothing more than the look on a jet-skiiers face when they realize that my boat can do a 180 turn at 45mph and chase them down in a quite wiley fashion :-) ha ha

funk
06-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Ramhouse,
How is the quality of Elsinore nowadays? Might make a day trip out that way but am always hesitant of that lake.

Thanks.

bainez23
06-23-2009, 12:56 PM
it is alot better than it was several years ago