PDA

View Full Version : Looking for my 1st MasterCraft

Barefoot57
05-20-2005, 01:05 AM
Please help, MasterCraft enthusiasts in the Milwaukee/Chicago area...I am looking for my first MasterCraft I ever purchased. I bought the boat with every penny I had at the time, plus some borrowed pennies. I cannot take it anymore knowing that I actually sold the boat and regret it deeply. I sold the boat in August of 2004 to a buyer in Milwaukee, WI. I NEED YOUR HELP TO FIND THIS BOAT!

The boat is a 1978 MC Stars and Stripes. The deck/hull is white with a red metal flake strip and white letters and stars. It has a fiberglass platform, 351W engine, windshield vents and aluminum windshield frame with the aluminum center windshield support. When sold, it was with the original MC trailer, not sure if it is anymore. The VIN is MCBCBN119M78C, located on the drivers side stern.

If you see this boat, PLEASE help me and stop the owner and ask them if they purchased the boat in August of 2004 from the owner in Menomonie, WI. I really want to get this dream back to me. IF you find them, please get their contact information and email me at MCbarefoot57@yahoo.com, or reply to this post.

I appreciate your help in advance!

Barefoot57
05-20-2005, 01:17 AM
Here is my old boat I am in search of

Barefoot57
05-20-2005, 01:20 AM
More pictures

Leroy
05-20-2005, 02:00 AM
Have you tried the WI bureau of moter vehicles to see if they will trace that VIN to an owner for you? I know they can, the trick is how can you get that done.Hope you find it, no name of the buyer? Good luck

jsonova99
05-20-2005, 08:02 AM
Cool, a new boat quest that we can follow along with. I was getting bored now that Erk had bought a boat. :D

erkoehler
05-20-2005, 08:36 AM
Just so nobody questions it, this is not my new alias! :D

ski_king
05-20-2005, 09:12 AM
Not the same boat, but here is it's twin for sale. (http://www.boattraderonline.com/caddetail.html?/ad-cache/6/7/5/79116975.htm)

ktn_cmu
05-20-2005, 09:57 AM
I remember when you sold that. Wasn't it on ebay, I almost bought it myself. Good luck, I'll keep my eyes open, the twin might be your best option though.

USC8791
05-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Has the new owner disappeared in the past 9 months? Do you not still have his name and phone number on the bill of sale?

Check with DNR or whoever licenses watercraft in your/his state. You might also want to contact the MC dealer or inboard mechanics in the new owner's city.

east tx skier
05-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Are you looking for that boat specifically or what the same year, color, model and condition make you happy. Is there something you're not telling us, i.e., rear seat is stuffed with $100 bills.

Hope you find it. Good luck.

rodltg2
05-20-2005, 01:00 PM
the owner of my ski lake owns that same model.

Barefoot57
05-20-2005, 03:00 PM
UPDATE

Called the WI DNR, the boat was never registered in Wisconsin after I sold, but I know the buyer was from Milwaukee and that is where he intended to keep and use it.

As for the boat, I am looking for that specific boat. It was my baby that I waited for since I was 10 and put everything on the line for it. In the end, I stretched too far and couldn't make it financially in college and keep the boat, so, regretfully, I had to sell it. Now, I want to get it back because that was my first MasterCraft and I loved it and want to keep it forever. And no, the seat cushions aren't stuffed with $100 bills. I had the boat on eBay, but it didn't sell there. I sold it privately after the eBay auction and didn't get a whole lot of contact information from the buyer. What I had was saved on my computer, but a computer crash later, I have nothing.

Thanks for the help and ideas so far. I am going to call some dealers and see if they have seen it around for service.

Cloaked
05-21-2005, 08:23 AM
Just so nobody questions it, this is not my new alias! :DYou beat me to the punch Erik... :D :D

Barefoot57
05-24-2005, 12:26 AM
GOOD NEWS!

Through lots of tracking, and many phone calls, I found the person I sold the boat to last year. I sent an email to him tonight and will hopefully hear from him soon. Even more so, I can only hope he is willing to understand my love for this boat and sell it back to me - if he still owns it.

I will keep updating the story.