PDA

View Full Version : Upholstrey recommendations?

CantRepeat
05-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Hey all,

Can anyone recommend an upholstrey shop in the greater Atlanta area? I would prefer someone that does a lot of MCs/boats and a good price too? I'm heading up to TN next Friday and would like to kill two birds on this trip.

Thanks!

cmw
05-04-2009, 10:08 AM
I just got mine back from Overboard Designs off 400. Can't say it was cheap, but they know what they are doing. The owners name is Cibele 678-513-1058. She did our 1990 Maristar and it looks better than new.

jasonba1
05-04-2009, 03:32 PM
If you are heading to tn there is only one person in my opinion to choose and he has done several several MC's. Call Lenny at leading edge marine in Loudon Tn his number is 865-408-1900. He has my boat right now and couldnt be happier and his prices have been very good. He pretty much does every boat around east tn which says alot since all of the boat mfg. are around here.

CantRepeat
05-04-2009, 03:51 PM
If you are heading to tn there is only one person in my opinion to choose and he has done several several MC's. Call Lenny at leading edge marine in Loudon Tn his number is 865-408-1900. He has my boat right now and couldnt be happier and his prices have been very good. He pretty much does every boat around east tn which says alot since all of the boat mfg. are around here.

We are heading to Nashville not Knoxville but I'll give him a call. Maybe he can make the extra miles worth it. Thanks.

jasonba1
05-04-2009, 06:01 PM
No problem let me know how it goes youd be about a hour and 15 or 20 from his shop once your in Chattanooga I,m assuming thats how you go.

CantRepeat
05-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Yeah, that's are route right now. We need to be in Nashville around 4pm for hotel check in and over to the RiverFront Park. We can't leave until 8:20am Friday morning. Would be great to drop it off one Friday and pick it up the next. Is he open on Mondays? I left a message on his machine so we'll see.

The boats really not that bad. Some fading and stitching pulling out but the wife knows it bugs me so I need to get it done.

WOW! Just saw that 40 is right above Loudon. This is looking pretty good.

atlfootr
05-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Com'on Maristar, how many times do I need to plaster this on TeamTalk ... haha :)
NEW SKINS ... Here's "The Man"

Here's "The Man" ... Upholstery

Jim - "Upholstery Guy" :wavey:
(865) 995 0607
(865) 679 2246 cellphn
(call until 10:30pm)

10-15 yrs. w/ MC Upholstery Dept. now lives jus' outside Vonore.
Anyone who's smart enough, use him ... stay in touch and show us your new skins!

Here's mine .

atlfootr :friday:
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=9261&stc=1&d=1145903369

CantRepeat
05-04-2009, 09:12 PM
You can't get skins for my 92 anymore. I tried when I first purchased the boat. Where is Jim located, Vonore? I guess we'll have to wait and see just how smart I am. I just want it done in complete stock trim.

atlfootr
05-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Like I suggested at least call him and ask him, if he can get you what you need.
When I lived on Lanier, I took my 200 up there to him and gave him the seats, sundeck and sides.

Here's a smarty ...

09-23-2008, 03:30 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/image.php?u=5914&dateline=1221083318 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=5914) O2BESOHUGE (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=5914) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/mc2009/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif
MC Fanatic

Just Talked To Jim The Upholstery Guy And He Does Skins For $225 For The Rear Seat

Not Bad!

Thanks Guys!
Jay

jasonba1
05-04-2009, 09:31 PM
he is open on mondays im sure he will call you back tomorrow. Yeah 40 is right there you could be in Nashville in about 2 1/2 hours pretty easy from his shop

jasonba1
05-04-2009, 09:34 PM
here is his cell phone as well 865-643-7328 tell him Jason sent you should get a little break

JohnE
05-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Com'on Maristar, how many times do I need to plaster this on TeamTalk ... haha :)
NEW SKINS ... Here's "The Man"

Here's "The Man" ... Upholstery

Jim - "Upholstery Guy" :wavey:
(865) 995 0607
(865) 679 2246 cellphn
(call until 10:30pm)

10-15 yrs. w/ MC Upholstery Dept. now lives jus' outside Vonore.
Anyone who's smart enough, use him ... stay in touch and show us your new skins!

Here's mine .

atlfootr :friday:
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=9261&stc=1&d=1145903369

I don't doubt "the man's" ability and pricing. But I've heard rumblings from a few here that he is difficult to get ahold of and is a few months behind schedule. Not judging, just sayin...

atlfootr
05-04-2009, 10:47 PM
I don't know JohnnyE, he seems to answer when I call.
Sometimes I may need to leave a message, but he usually returns it the next day.

What I do know is, he's attempting to build himself a reputation on here and certainly would not screw up an opportunities to take on new MC Owners like yourself.

He is very hard working and takes a great amount of pride in his work, prices are way affordable and very reasonable.
He's married, has a couple of kids therefore has Father role to fill as well.

Please be patient, HE WILL RETURN CALLS.

Thanks ...

jasonba1
05-04-2009, 11:28 PM
I agree with atlfootr he has been great for me and I know american boat center had something they needed done in 3 days and he got it taken care of.

TMCNo1
05-05-2009, 03:09 AM
I don't doubt "the man's" ability and pricing. But I've heard rumblings from a few here that he is difficult to get ahold of and is a few months behind schedule. Not judging, just sayin...

JohnE, just live with all that duct tape on the '09 and this fall, I'll hook ya up with Frenando down here at Senior' Skeens for you upholstery needs! He is very reasonable cause he works out the back of the country ham processing plant and has very little overhead!:rolleyes::D

JohnE
05-05-2009, 08:59 AM
I don't know JohnnyE, he seems to answer when I call.
Sometimes I may need to leave a message, but he usually returns it the next day.

What I do know is, he's attempting to build himself a reputation on here and certainly would not screw up an opportunities to take on new MC Owners like yourself.

He is very hard working and takes a great amount of pride in his work, prices are way affordable and very reasonable.
He's married, has a couple of kids therefore has Father role to fill as well.

Please be patient, HE WILL RETURN CALLS.

Thanks ...

I'm not bashing him by any means. Everything I've heard about him has amounted to the fact that he is "the man". But I talked to one guy who's getting his skins back 2 months later than promised. (there might be another side to this story) And another said that he didn't return multiple calls. (again may be another side.) I was just offering a heads up.

Personally if I needed upholstery I'd call him first and several times and wouldn't look elsewhere until I knew he wasn't around.

JohnE
05-05-2009, 09:00 AM
JohnE, just live with all that duct tape on the '09 and this fall, I'll hook ya up with Frenando down here at Senior' Skeens for you upholstery needs! He is very reasonable cause he works out the back of the country ham processing plant and has very little overhead!:rolleyes::D

After the beating the boat took at csm I was almost ready for new skins!!!! Cleaned it all down with Babe's and they are looking new again. That Wylie mud is some strong stuff. I kept thinking all the spots were spilled diet coke......But we know the one thing I don't do is spill my cocktail...;)

KnoxX2
05-05-2009, 09:05 AM
After the beating the boat took at csm I was almost ready for new skins!!!! Cleaned it all down with Babe's and they are looking new again. That Wylie mud is some strong stuff. I kept thinking all the spots were spilled diet coke......But we know the one thing I don't do is spill my cocktail...;)

You know thats right!!!!:rolleyes::D

JohnE
05-05-2009, 09:15 AM
You know thats right!!!!:rolleyes::D

At least before I drink it.:o

atlfootr
05-05-2009, 09:46 AM
I had to call him ('the man') this morn'n for something, he answered on the second ring :rolleyes:
Jus' saying ...

stx22
05-05-2009, 10:14 AM
You can't get skins for my 92 anymore. I tried when I first purchased the boat. Where is Jim located, Vonore? I guess we'll have to wait and see just how smart I am. I just want it done in complete stock trim.

Just got my "skins" back for my '97 205. Can't tell the difference between the old and the new except for the slight discoloration in the upholstery that I didn't replace.

Jim is the MAN!

CantRepeat
05-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Just talk to Lenny and we have a deal. Thanks Jason!

jasonba1
05-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Great glad to hear it man post some pics. when you get it done.

CantRepeat
05-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Well, as you probably know he is book for the next three weeks so that kind of toss the plans of dropping the boat off and heading to the concert but it's not that far away for the deal we made.

Mucho thanks!

jasonba1
05-06-2009, 08:03 PM
awesome man glad it worked it out for you. I will see if I cant persuade Lenny to get it done real quick for you.

cmw
05-07-2009, 07:56 AM
Just talk to Lenny and we have a deal. Thanks Jason!

Glad to hear you found someone. Maybe we'll see you on the water.

CantRepeat
05-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Glad to hear you found someone. Maybe we'll see you on the water.

We were out last weekend but didn't get to the sandbar until about 3pm. Did some skiiing west of the long bridge then went and hung out for a few hours. Got caught in the storm on the way home.

cmw
05-10-2009, 08:47 PM
I'm still going to send you some pics. Things have been busy. Took the wife and kids out this morning for mothers day, but forgot the camera. Allatoona was a ghost town:) Was going to take some when we got home and the clouds opened up. Going camping next week and will definently get some then.

CantRepeat
06-16-2009, 06:00 AM
Well, we drove up on Sunday and drop the boat Monday at about 8 am. We got followed all the way back to the freeway by Loudon's finest. I figured with a raised 91 Suburban and semi loud exhaust they just wanted us to leave.

Lenny is a pretty cool guy. Very friendly with a firm hand shake. Probably about my age with a grey flat top and sunny smile. His shop is very clean and well kept. It was a good sign to me. We talk a bit about what I wanted and closed the deal. It should be ready by Friday complete with carpet at under $2300. I'll post up some pics when we get her back.

http://www.mikesell.net/images/towjob.jpg

JohnE
06-16-2009, 07:10 AM
seems like a smoking deal. Is that full skins and carpet for 2300?

jasonba1
06-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Great looking setup, love the old suburbans, cant wait to see your boat I will actually be going down there on wed. to Lennys shop

CantRepeat
06-16-2009, 05:16 PM
seems like a smoking deal. Is that full skins and carpet for 2300?

Yes, complete redo to factory spec with new carpet and a repair on the engine box. The engine box has two small areas that have been crushed by the PO closing it down on top of the black plastic center deals that screw into the floor.

CantRepeat
06-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Great looking setup, love the old suburbans, cant wait to see your boat I will actually be going down there on wed. to Lennys shop

Sweet, take some photos of the progress for me since I can't make it.

I gotta tell you the drive was pretty cool. We went up the 71 and found a bunch of really old cars and what not.

FoggyNogginz
06-16-2009, 11:58 PM
I need my rear deck lockers recovered on a 2001 X9. Any idea what the man would charge?

CantRepeat
06-17-2009, 06:59 AM
I need my rear deck lockers recovered on a 2001 X9. Any idea what the man would charge?

Nope, it's his business, not mine. Sorry.

jasonba1
06-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Actually just left leading edge dealing with Lenny asked him about your x9 and he said roughly 275 if you bring them in. I would give him a call he is great to work with his number is 865-408-1900

CantRepeat
06-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Actually just left leading edge dealing with Lenny asked him about your x9 and he said roughly 275 if you bring them in. I would give him a call he is great to work with his number is 865-408-1900

Jason, how was my Maristar looking? hehehe :D

jasonba1
06-18-2009, 07:22 AM
All of the interior and floor was out so couldnt tell much I really like your boat and great color. Why dont you just leave it in east tn and ill take care of it for you he he. Are you coming up next weekend for the PWT tour if so I will make sure I get you some tickets

CantRepeat
06-18-2009, 07:28 PM
We were thinking about just leaving it up there but my 12 year old get me the stink-eye on that idea, sorry. I got a message from Lenny today, it doesn't look like the boat will be done until late Sat. If that is the case we may just drive up Sat afternoon and pick it and head back Sunday morning.

I don't think we'll be able to make the event, but thanks for the offer.

CantRepeat
06-20-2009, 09:53 PM
We did the 12 hour turn and burn.

Thanks Lenny! We probably should have skied this afternoon and stayed the night. It would have been more fun then the flipped over semi traffic jam on the way home.

Got the boat back and we got home around 8:40pm EST. I'll get some pictures and a full update/review up tomorrow when we get back from the lake!! You guys wont believe the level of work this man can turn out!

pagelk
06-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Tore my rear starboard vinyl last weekend trying to drag a wakeboard across it. I called Dr. Vinyl and they came out the same week, repaired it at the dock, and I can't even see where the tear was. It was pretty cheap to have them do it too...so I'm very very happy.

CantRepeat
07-10-2009, 10:07 AM
So let me say this. Leading Edge Marine Interiors is well worth the drive to Loudon TN!

Lenny is an great guy and will not BS you for a buck. He tells you what he can do and what he can't. He gave me a price and a completion date and it was just what I ask for. I wanted the boat to remain factory looking and he did just that.

So, for $2300 bucks I got a complete interior and carpet. Yes, new carpet was included in the price.

http://www.mikesell.net/images/boat/int2.jpg
http://www.mikesell.net/images/boat/int3.jpg
http://www.mikesell.net/images/boat/int4.jpg
http://www.mikesell.net/images/boat/int5.jpg

jasonba1
07-10-2009, 11:46 PM
92maristar looks great man glad Lenny took care of you . Your boat looks sweet