PDA

View Full Version : Please hear my confession

Bruce
05-02-2009, 04:59 PM
I am on the second day of cleaning the vinyl on my 99 230 VRS. It hung in the straps over water in our Louisiana humidity under a non breathable cover. Can you say MOLD! I am still working on it but I had to stop for my heart is heavy. I found a couple of small splits in the seams. Since it was on the underside and would not show, I did the unthinkable. I patched it with DUCT TAPE! How classless can one be? I am not Catholic however I would appreciate it if some read this confession and could grant me some sort of absolution. Heavy duty penance is certainly an option.
In absence of the above perhaps a 12 step program would work. I would of course need a sponsor. "Hi my name is Bruce and I put duct tape on a Mastercraft".
Please help a brother out!

P.S. please remember be kind because down here Duct Tape is pretty sacred.

TX.X-30 fan
05-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Say 12 hail mary's and wax your bilge. :D

nmcjr
05-02-2009, 06:15 PM
i had a similar split on one of mine. i called a place called dr vinyl and a mobile guy came out a "welded" it. It came out great and was not very expensive ~$40-50 per spot. I even had him do one area where it is visible. It also keeps it from getting worse.

jss101
05-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Ha! I have to say you made me laugh! Can't say I've ever stooped so low myself, but, thanks for sharing!

By the way, I've had good results with a liquid vinyl repair product that I got at west marine. It's good for small cuts and tears. You kind of paint it on and when it dries it looks pretty good and holds. I've also used a mold and mildew remover from 3M that worked pretty well. It comes in a spray bottle. It wasn't cheap but it worked much better than soap and water.

Good luck.

CantRepeat
05-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Say 12 hail mary's and wax your bilge. :D

Do it twice!!