PDA

View Full Version : Hurt Locker

BriEOD
05-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Looks Awesome!

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809914561/video/13022042

CantRepeat
05-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Yeah, but as you know most of it's BS. Where's the damn robots? Oh, that wouldn't make a good movie.

BriEOD
05-01-2009, 06:18 PM
I saw them in there. The point is, it is nice to see EOD getting some press. The war in Iraq, and to a slightly lesser extent Afghanistan, has put the brave men and women of EOD on the front lines. In my opinion, it hasn't been the fighter pilots or SOF or infrantry asked to do the most, it has been EOD. To many names have gone up on the EOD memorial post 911.

CantRepeat
05-01-2009, 09:14 PM
I saw them in there. The point is, it is nice to see EOD getting some press. The war in Iraq, and to a slightly lesser extent Afghanistan, has put the brave men and women of EOD on the front lines. In my opinion, it hasn't been the fighter pilots or SOF or infrantry asked to do the most, it has been EOD. To many names have gone up on the EOD memorial post 911.

Brian, as much as I agree that EOD is the heat, I love Havens he was the man of men. The Air Force EOD team that hovered me for a year was god on the ground. I miss him everyday. But, the guys getting IED on the daily are the Infantry, MPs, and plain old 88Ms who take the supplys to everyone. When we found the crap, Havens rolled in there like it was a baseball game. He never ask questions other then what did you see. He would water bomb, small explosive, and if that didn't work would walk in and disarm before anyone else ever got hurt. I tear up everytime I think of what he did for my Company and my Battalion.

The Infanty rule the battle field, end of story.

bcampbe7
05-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Awesome Brian, thanks for posting!

BriEOD
05-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Brian, as much as I agree that EOD is the heat, I love Havens he was the man of men. The Air Force EOD team that hovered me for a year was god on the ground. I miss him everyday. But, the guys getting IED on the daily are the Infantry, MPs, and plain old 88Ms who take the supplys to everyone. When we found the crap, Havens rolled in there like it was a baseball game. He never ask questions other then what did you see. He would water bomb, small explosive, and if that didn't work would walk in and disarm before anyone else ever got hurt. I tear up everytime I think of what he did for my Company and my Battalion.

The Infanty rule the battle field, end of story.

You're missing my point. In most conflicts functions such as EOD, HUMINT, etc are supporting entities. I feel you could table much discussion that the insurgency we saw in Iraq was just the reciprocal. Also, there is much intel (available via open source) that during the height of things the insurgents were specifically targeting EOD personnel with secondary devices, etc. Lastly, I'd be willing to be that percentage wise the EOD function has had more injuries and casualties then anyone else.

PapaJoe
05-01-2009, 11:41 PM
I have 27 months total in Baghdad........

I personally know EOD guys that DO disarm EFPs......

These guys have BALLS....

Glad to see a movie about them........

Maybe a little hype, but it not all about robots...........

CantRepeat
05-02-2009, 07:21 AM
The enemy ain't stupid, that's for sure. Secondary IEDs are for targeting whoever comes to the scene weather they be EOD, medics, infantry, truck drivers or just others in the patrol.

PapaJoe, did you read the part about Havens walking into an IED if nothing else worked? Like I said, he was a man of men. Like the movie showed, when he did walk in he walk in calm and came out calm.

I have much respect for anyone that goes or lives EOD!

puck_11
05-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Wow! EOD - if you see us running try and keep up. You guys rock!