PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Reunion

X2M
05-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Has anyone heard where the west coast reunion will be held this year? Since last years was cancelled :( , and I had already signed up, do I have to register again? I have called the 800 number but have gotten no response.
Sign up by date is May 28th. How many of you are planning on going? Went two years ago and had a blast!!

Thank You!

RackAtak
05-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Let's do our own at Lake Don Pedro in the central valley on the way to Yosemite.

rick s.
05-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Great idea. When?

X2M
05-19-2005, 04:19 PM
Sounds good to me too!! Don Pedro, where is that? Merced, Modesto area?

MasterMason
05-19-2005, 04:33 PM
I'd be interested as well.

rodltg2
05-19-2005, 04:37 PM
me too! close by

flyinryn
05-19-2005, 04:43 PM
my guess is that it is going to be out at the delta again.

rick s.
05-19-2005, 04:51 PM
Lake Don Pedro is just south of Sonora on Highway 49 off of route 108/120, and about 20 miles east of Modesto.

RackAtak
05-19-2005, 05:31 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=la+grange,+ca&ll=37.742188,-120.358342&spn=0.177498,0.246506&t=k&hl=en
Right here...

RackAtak
05-19-2005, 05:33 PM
We have a place in Sonora so we are at Don Pedro most every weekend after 4th of July. :dance:

RackAtak
05-19-2005, 05:35 PM
I guess we need to set a weekend for it. We generally do day trips. Put in at Moccassin Point and hang out in the Upper Bay near Pig Island.

RackAtak
05-19-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm feeling like Erk with those last 3 rapid fire posts!

X2M
05-19-2005, 05:46 PM
Since I have never been there before. Is there a town on the lake? Hotels? Camping sites? End of July first part of August is good. Anyone else?

flyinryn
05-19-2005, 05:48 PM
are you talking about the sponsored event by Mastercraft, or are you taliking about just a bunch of us getting together to spend the weekend or even a day together.

flyinryn
05-19-2005, 05:50 PM
it is pretty much just camping out there. the only cool thing if you like to ruff you can go out and choose and island and have it for a weekend. but we are talking no bathrooms or running water.

RackAtak
05-19-2005, 05:52 PM
I think a get together. There is camping.
http://www.donpedrolake.com/
Sonora and Jamestown are 30 minutes to the East with hotels, restaurants etc...and Oakdale is 30 minutes to the West with the same amenities. There's also a great brewery called Snowshoe in Sonora with a private room. We had a New Years dinner there this year with about 30 people.

X2M
05-19-2005, 05:52 PM
are you talking about the sponsored event by Mastercraft, or are you taliking about just a bunch of us getting together to spend the weekend or even a day together.

I was talking about a bunch of us getting together to meet and hang out. :)

X2M
05-19-2005, 05:53 PM
it is pretty much just camping out there. the only cool thing if you like to ruff you can go out and choose and island and have it for a weekend. but we are talking no bathrooms or running water.

Not wanting to ruff it that much. I need a potty. :D

RackAtak
05-19-2005, 05:58 PM
End of July first part of August is good. Anyone else?
End of July. How about the 30th and 31st?

flyinryn
05-19-2005, 06:04 PM
well in theory we are suppose to have the west coast reunion on July 28. Which is a thursday.

so not sure if that weekend would work.

X2M
05-19-2005, 06:05 PM
End of July. How about the 30th and 31st?

Let me check the calender and with the hubby. Kids? No kids?

MasterMason
05-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Let me check the calender and with the hubby. Kids? No kids?

A boating party without the kids??? That just doesn't seem right in my book..

flyinryn
05-19-2005, 06:10 PM

arnt your kids grown.

X2M
05-19-2005, 06:11 PM

I agree. But not everyone else does. It is always safe to ask ahead of time. :)

MasterMason
05-19-2005, 06:14 PM
arnt your kids grown.

My kids are 21 and 13.... My GF's kids are 4 and 7, which is always interesting

RackAtak
05-19-2005, 06:39 PM
Whatever you want but my kids are always in the boat with us, that's part of the reason for the boat...mine are 13 and 15. Let's get this thing going...

tph
05-19-2005, 07:57 PM
my guess is that it is going to be out at the delta again.

I think it's a three day event 7/28 - 7/30. Maybe, MC is trying to make up for last year. Given that it starts on a Thursday, it may not be on the Delta. Unless they are expecting everyone to camp.

RackAtak
05-19-2005, 08:26 PM
I think it's a three day event 7/28 - 7/30. Maybe, MC is trying to make up for last year. Given that it starts on a Thursday, it may not be on the Delta. Unless they are expecting everyone to camp.
Then how about a warmup on July 23rd and 24th?

rick s.
05-19-2005, 08:30 PM
there are lots of hotels around in Sonora, plus up the hill in Groveland there is the Groveland hotel, which is a really unique place. Haunted! At least so they say.

The lake has floating potties if anyone's interested.

Let's set a date and do it, I think the 30th and 31st are great dates!

rick s.
05-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Or if that weekend conflicts with the MC reunion, and it's somewhere else, let's do it the weekend before.

furevo
05-19-2005, 08:40 PM
sounds cool - the delta or don pedro would be great

RackAtak
05-19-2005, 09:05 PM
How about people start PM'ing me with either July 23rd-24th or July 30th-31st at Lake Don Pedro. I'll keep track and post the concensus on a date to meet on Sunday evening (before Desperate Housewives of course 8p ) and we'll plan more from there if there is enough interest. We have 5 or 6 already...

RackAtak
05-20-2005, 10:12 AM
Let's do our own at Lake Don Pedro in the central valley on the way to Yosemite.
Bringing this back to the top to see if there is any interest. This is not intended to conflict with the West Coast MC Official Reunion, but I am looking to get some people together on the 23rd-24th of July or the 30th-31st of July (preferred if it doesn't conflict with the Official Event) at Lake Don Pedro in the Central Valley just to hang out on the lake and meet face to face. There are camping facilities and many hotels within 30 minutes or so of the lake. There seems to be some confusion regarding the Official West Coast Reunion and they haven't announced a location yet.

MasterMason
05-20-2005, 10:18 AM
Bringing this back to the top to see if there is any interest. This is not intended to conflict with the West Coast MC Official Reunion, but I am looking to get some people together on the 23rd-24th of July or the 30th-31st of July (preferred if it doesn't conflict with the Official Event) at Lake Don Pedro in the Central Valley just to hang out on the lake and meet face to face. There are camping facilities and many hotels within 30 minutes or so of the lake. There seems to be some confusion regarding the Official West Coast Reunion and they haven't announced a location yet.

Rack,

I have it on my calender. I will come, but that is All Star Season for my son's baseball league, so if they go deep in the tournament, as they did last year, then I will be off watching him play somewhere. Its one of those situations where you just don't know for sure.

RackAtak
05-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Cool...I've done the youth baseball thing so I know exactly what you are talking about. Anyway, it seems X2Momma is in. How about the others that showed interest...Rod, Rick, FlyinRyn etc...let me know. Thanks
Ron

lakes Rick
05-20-2005, 10:43 AM
Cool...I've done the youth baseball thing so I know exactly what you are talking about. Anyway, it seems X2Momma is in. How about the others that showed interest...Rod, Rick, FlyinRyn etc...let me know. Thanks
Ron

Where exactly is this located??

California, the state that everything north of the armpit called Los Angeles is "NORTHERN California......

X2M
05-20-2005, 10:47 AM
sounds cool - the delta or don pedro would be great

Where in Northern California are you from? Are you gonna hook up with us at Don Pedro?

This sounds like it is gonna be fun. :) Spending a day on the lake with you Northern California people. What about those of you in Southern\Central California? Anyone willing to make the trip too?

X2M
05-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Where exactly is this located??

California, the state that everything north of the armpit called Los Angeles is "NORTHERN California......

Do you mean Don Pedro? It is up in the gold country. Outside of Sonora.

lakes Rick
05-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Do you mean Don Pedro? It is up in the gold country. Outside of Sonora.

Thanx Momma, but where is Sonora???

rodltg2
05-20-2005, 11:13 AM
im in, let me know details.

RackAtak
05-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Thanx Momma, but where is Sonora???
Get on Hwy 99 to Manteca. Head East from Manteca on 108/120 through Escalon and on to Oakdale. Follow the signs for 108/120 towards Yosemite. The first sign for Don Pedro abiout 20 miles east of Oakdale will take you to the West side of Don Pedro. If you want to go to Mocassin Point (where I think we should meet) you continue on 108/120 towards Sonora and the next Don Pedro sign will be for the East shore on your right. Go about 10 miles and you will cross a bridge over the lake. Continue on and you will see a sign for Mocassin on your left. There is a small day use fee and a 4 lane ramp. Sometimes it is 1 or 2 lanes depending on the bozo's launching...all in all it's a pretty centralized lake.

RackAtak
05-20-2005, 11:16 AM
im in, let me know details.
Right on Rod...I guess X2Momma and myself will continue to get this thing together. :banana:

flyinryn
05-20-2005, 11:44 AM
At this point i am into.

P-Rod
05-20-2005, 11:44 AM
If the weekend that is selected works out, I would be interested in taking part of this get togeter. However, I'm in the same boat as MasterMason with my sons baseball scheduling. I'm heading to Don Pedro this weekend, so I plan on checking out the area of the lake that you guys are referring to. We generally launch out of the south end of the lake (Off of Highway 132).

rasmithaz
05-20-2005, 12:03 PM
Hey don't forget Arizona. Where's the nearest airport? I'm not asking for a boat ride but I'd fly in just to see your boats for fun just to encourage this activity. If I had the time I'd tow it. Good Luck

This sounds like it is gonna be fun. :) Spending a day on the lake with you Northern California people. What about those of you in Southern\Central California? Anyone willing to make the trip too?[/QUOTE]

Brn85ss
05-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Have you guys thought about Melones res. down the road from Don Pedro.In the heart of Angels camp plenty of nice hotels shopping etc. For the people who don't want to camp I think it's a better location.Plus no launch fee if your pulling the boat out and staying in a motel.And it's still only 20 min. fron sonora.Third largest lake in the state!Sorry just thought I would mention it I live 20 min. from the lake and like it much better than pedro.Camping is better at pedro.

X2M
05-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Have you guys thought about Melones res. down the road from Don Pedro.In the heart of Angels camp plenty of nice hotels shopping etc. For the people who don't want to camp I think it's a better location.Plus no launch fee if your pulling the boat out and staying in a motel.And it's still only 20 min. fron sonora.Third largest lake in the state!Sorry just thought I would mention it I live 20 min. from the lake and like it much better than pedro.Camping is better at pedro.

I had thought about New Malones, but Rackatak mentioned Don Pedro. Went to New Malones last July and had fun. That would be better for us since we have a place to stay there. The town of Angels Camp is 4 miles from the launch. Plus it is a bigger lake, easier to get away from the crowds. Rackatak what do you think? Don Pedro or New Malones?

X2M
05-20-2005, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=rasmithaz]Hey don't forget Arizona. Where's the nearest airport? I'm not asking for a boat ride but I'd fly in just to see your boats for fun just to encourage this activity. If I had the time I'd tow it. Good Luck

Fly into Sac airport. I'm sure someone could pick you up on the way. :)

RackAtak
05-20-2005, 12:40 PM
I had thought about New Malones, but Rackatak mentioned Don Pedro. Went to New Malones last July and had fun. That would be better for us since we have a place to stay there. The town of Angels Camp is 4 miles from the launch. Plus it is a bigger lake, easier to get away from the crowds. Rackatak what do you think? Don Pedro or New Malones?
I used to go to Melones but we like Don Pedro better. Better shoreline with Oak trees etc and we also found that the wind seems to come up at Melones and creates some horrendous chop. The water levels were very low and the ramp near Angels Camp had a dirt road leading to it. Don Pedro seems to be a little better protected from the wind, and there are many arms and coves that stay extremely calm. From what I experienced at Melones, it is more open water. Personally we prefer Pedro even though it is slightly further from us (30 minutes vs 20 minutes) and the dead Russian mobsters that were thrown from the bridge over the Stanislaus River arm into New Melones kind of gives me the creeps! :eek: We never found Don Pedro to be overcrowded last summer

flyinryn
05-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Between Rod and I one of us could probably pick you up pretty easy at the airport.

Also New Malones sounds good to, never been out there, and have a hosue boat trip in august, would no mind cecking that lake out.

rick s.
05-20-2005, 01:02 PM
both Melones and Don Pedro are great lakes. This year the water levels in Melones are up more than 35 feet from same time last year, and I suspect they will go higher due to the heavy snowfall and late season rains. Melones seems to be up more than Don Pedro, but we will come to either lake.

rick s.
05-20-2005, 01:11 PM
both my sons played all stars last year and the last tournement was the first weekend of August, which made for a really long (feb - aug) baseball season. They are not playing allstars this year so we can do a little more boating in June and July. My vote is Lake Don Pedro the last weekend of July (to give the allstar season more time to end).

MasterMason
05-20-2005, 01:28 PM
both my sons played all stars last year and the last tournement was the first weekend of August, which made for a really long (feb - aug) baseball season. They are not playing allstars this year so we can do a little more boating in June and July. My vote is Lake Don Pedro the last weekend of July (to give the allstar season more time to end).

/Begin threadjack

Where did you guys play and what league? My son is in Pony, last year his team went to the zones in maui, but blew it. We beat 4 of the 8 teams in the world series, but couldn't get there unfortunately.

/end threadjack

RackAtak
05-20-2005, 01:37 PM
The lakes are so close together that both could be done. One on each day. I agree that both lakes will be up this year. If you have never been to either lake, I think you would like Don Pedro better...we sure do. Plus we have a season pass for the boat and truck. ;)

P-Rod
05-20-2005, 02:00 PM
I agree with RackAtak that Don Pedro is a better spot over New Melones. We skied Don Pedro all last summer and never experienced any problems. Even on the busiest weekends, we never felt that the lake was crowded.

rick s.
05-20-2005, 02:39 PM
My sons played on the 10 and 13 year old San Ramon American Little League Allstars teams. We played in District 57 which included tournements in Livermore, San Ramon, Danville, Pleasanton, and Alameda.

X2M
05-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Don Pedro it is then. I have never been there, but it sounds like a good place. For those of us who are coming from out of the area, where do you think you will be staying? Are we planning on getting together on both Saturday and Sunday? Arrive Friday night and meet up Saturday morning?

Mason - My daughter plays in the Pony league also. I don't think she will be making the allstars, but you never know. I tried to get her to play Bobby-Sox but "that is for sissy's Mom". She is one of 2 girls on her team. And is the "base stealing Queen". :D

MasterMason
05-20-2005, 05:51 PM
Mason - My daughter plays in the Pony league also. I don't think she will be making the allstars, but you never know. I tried to get her to play Bobby-Sox but "that is for sissy's Mom". She is one of 2 girls on her team. And is the "base stealing Queen". :D

We have a lot of girls in our league at the 2 lower divisions, after that they tend to move to the softball league. But in my time, I have seen 2 girls go all the way through, and they both made the all stars every year as well.

rasmithaz
05-20-2005, 05:54 PM
Fly into Sac airport. I'm sure someone could pick you up on the way. :)[/QUOTE]
I hope you put this together. It's 110 degrees on the back porch today and it is going to be a lot hotter in july. I will be jumping in a lake in july somewhere and northern CA sounds good to me. I appreciate the sac pick up offer but renting a car and driving to a lake and jumping in really appeals to me. That's what I like to do once every summer when I'm not at my lake. Last year we went and jumped in a lake outside Rapid City South Dakota for absolutely no good reason.

P-Rod
05-23-2005, 12:59 PM
My Son plays for Newark American Little League, which is part of District 14. Last year he played on the 9/10 year old all star team. They won the District Championship and went to the sectional tournament. They ended up losing in the championship round to a team from Castro Valley. As far as this year, the all star voting will be finalized this Thursday (5/26/05), so by the end of the week we will know how our summer is going to be spent.

X2M
05-23-2005, 01:01 PM
If the weekend that is selected works out, I would be interested in taking part of this get togeter. However, I'm in the same boat as MasterMason with my sons baseball scheduling. I'm heading to Don Pedro this weekend, so I plan on checking out the area of the lake that you guys are referring to. We generally launch out of the south end of the lake (Off of Highway 132).

P-Rod
Did you get a chance to go to Don Pedro this weekend? What did you think of the lake and the area?

RackAtak
05-24-2005, 08:24 AM
I have an e-mail in to TTADMIN asking about the status of the official West Coast Reunion because I don't want to interfere with MC on this. It seems that no one is hearing from them and as a result we don't know if the official reunion is going to happen and if so where. I am still shooting for the 30th and 31st of July for the "non-official" get together at Don Pedro. I will keep everyone posted through this thread...

P-Rod
05-24-2005, 11:59 AM
P-Rod
Did you get a chance to go to Don Pedro this weekend? What did you think of the lake and the area?

X2momma,

I did make it to the lake this weekend. As always, Don Pedro was in great shape this weekend. The area is quite nice, the water level is much higher than last year and the lake temperature wasn't as bad as I expected. The outside temperature was approximately 90 degrees which made the cold water quite enjoyable. We are heading back there this weekend for the three (3) day weekend. It was an enjoyable day and I enjoyed seeing many other Mastercraft's on the lake.

X2M
05-24-2005, 12:15 PM
I have an e-mail in to TTADMIN asking about the status of the official West Coast Reunion because I don't want to interfere with MC on this. It seems that no one is hearing from them and as a result we don't know if the official reunion is going to happen and if so where. I am still shooting for the 30th and 31st of July for the "non-official" get together at Don Pedro. I will keep everyone posted through this thread...

Rackatak - I have called a couple of times also about the reunion. And still waiting on a response. Maybe they are waiting to see how many people are going to sign up before putting out the details? I don't want to interfere with the MC event either. :)

P-Rod - Glad to hear you had fun. This rain has helped with all of the lake levels in northern California. :woohoo: We have needed it. Are you planning on joining us in July? Hope so. Have a good Memorial Weekend and be safe. :)

P-Rod
05-24-2005, 12:48 PM
P-Rod - Glad to hear you had fun. This rain has helped with all of the lake levels in northern California. :woohoo: We have needed it. Are you planning on joining us in July? Hope so. Have a good Memorial Weekend and be safe. :)[/QUOTE]

This reunion sounds great and should be alot of fun. I plan on attending as long as the baseball schedule doesn't conflict with the date selected.

furevo
05-24-2005, 03:33 PM
Where in Northern California are you from? Are you gonna hook up with us at Don Pedro?

This sounds like it is gonna be fun. :) Spending a day on the lake with you Northern California people. What about those of you in Southern\Central California? Anyone willing to make the trip too?

I'm in Stockton - the Big Valley.

X2M
05-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Where do you boat? The delta?

furevo
05-24-2005, 03:41 PM
I'm in Stockton - the Big Valley.
It would be great to hook up with you guys @ Don Pedro - but I've got 2 kids in the hunt at little league & I promised my wife I'd do some landscaping projects before I repaired the boat. I may have to wave at you from the shore.

furevo
05-24-2005, 03:41 PM
Where do you boat? The delta?
yes & tahoe

X2M
05-24-2005, 03:46 PM
It would be great to hook up with you guys @ Don Pedro - but I've got 2 kids in the hunt at little league & I promised my wife I'd do some landscaping projects before I repaired the boat. I may have to wave at you from the shore.

Ahh, baseball. I understand. My oldest plays too. Keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't make allstars. (I know bad mom :D ) or we would be in the same boat. My husband has promised me some landscaping projects too. But the call of the water is to strong for him. Me too. :) What's wrong with your boat?

furevo
05-24-2005, 03:54 PM
Ahh, baseball. I understand. My oldest plays too. Keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't make allstars. (I know bad mom :D ) or we would be in the same boat. My husband has promised me some landscaping projects too. But the call of the water is to strong for him. Me too. :) What's wrong with your boat?
A simple carpet replacement turned into the construction of a new crossmember, pylon repair, and floor repair. Since everything was out, I decided to re-do the upholstery as well. Oh well, it should be done soon enough (the way things are going, it will be late June). :(

RKNDKN
06-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Just Came From A Long Weekend There And Though The Same Thing!!!!

RKNDKN
06-01-2005, 12:07 PM
NEW TO THIS FORUM THING, BUT VERY FAMILIAR WITH DON PEDRO. THEY FILL UP FAST AND IF THE REUNION IS GOING TO BE THERE WE NEED TO START RESERVING NOW. SO ANY BODY WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT AN OFFICIAL OR UNOFFICIAL REUNION I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE HEARING. DON'T WANT TO REPEAT LAST YEAR BUT BEING THE ONLY ONES WHO SHOWED UP FOR THE REUNION THAT WASN'T! :cry: :cry:

rick s.
06-01-2005, 12:19 PM
We are going to come up but stay at a hotel, not at a campground. Camping at Don Pedro end of July would be HOT, weather-wise. Using the hotel is a concession to my wife to keep her interested in boating!

X2M
06-01-2005, 12:22 PM
RKNDKN - We are trying to find out more info on the "official" reunion. Hopefully that will be soon. As for the "unofficial" one. It looks like a bunch of us are going to head up to Don Pedro the weekend of July 30 & 31. If the "official" reunion doesn't happen.
Come with us if you are free. When you said it fills up fast, are you meaning the lake or the campgrounds?

RackAtak
06-01-2005, 12:39 PM
RKNDKN - We are trying to find out more info on the "official" reunion. Hopefully that will be soon.
I have two phone messages in to TMC last week. No response and I can't find any info on the official deal...

RKNDKN
06-01-2005, 02:41 PM
RKNDKN - We are trying to find out more info on the "official" reunion. Hopefully that will be soon. As for the "unofficial" one. It looks like a bunch of us are going to head up to Don Pedro the weekend of July 30 & 31. If the "official" reunion doesn't happen.
Come with us if you are free. When you said it fills up fast, are you meaning the lake or the campgrounds?

The campgrounds can fill up very quickly in the Summer, the lake can also be pretty hectic. Sure hope someone at MC is reading and they will let us know whats up.

RKNDKN
06-01-2005, 02:43 PM
what hotel??

TMC
06-01-2005, 03:06 PM
We have heard your murmurings about the West Coast Reunion. We are working on that right now. In terms of dates, we are looking at the end of August and more than likely the beginning of September. Once we know the official date, location and all other details, we will definitely let you know! Stay tuned...

TMC

Ryan
06-01-2005, 03:17 PM
We're gld to hear an update. I was getting worried you guys forgot about us all the way over here.

RKNDKN
06-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Thanks Tmc, Now We Don't Have To Miss The Garlic Fesival

X2M
06-01-2005, 04:12 PM
Thank You TMC!! :) :D :) :D I was worried you had forgot about us too!

RackAtak
06-01-2005, 04:44 PM
We have heard your murmurings about the West Coast Reunion. We are working on that right now. In terms of dates, we are looking at the end of August and more than likely the beginning of September. Once we know the official date, location and all other details, we will definitely let you know! Stay tuned...

TMC
So all you West Coast people, in light of the above are we on for the 30th and/or 31st of July at Don Pedro for an informal get together? If so, all we need to do is figure out somewhere on the lake to anchor if people are so inclined. I have two suggestions...

1. The top of the Woods Creek arm near the Mocassin Point launch or 2. Near Pig Island in the Upper Bay which is a midway point between the Marina launch ramp on the West shore and the Moccasin Point launch ramp on the East shore.

Both areas have calm water. We usually anchor near Pig Island for lunch and swimming. The Woods Creek Arm is narrower and it can get crowded sometimes but there is usually decent water in both areas for skiing and wakeboarding throughout the day.

RackAtak
06-01-2005, 05:19 PM
We are going to come up but stay at a hotel, not at a campground. Camping at Don Pedro end of July would be HOT, weather-wise. Using the hotel is a concession to my wife to keep her interested in boating!
Hey Rick-
Best Western in Sonora or multiple hotels in Oakdale. Both cities are about equal distances from the lake, but in my opinion, there are better dining opportunities in Sonora including a great brew pub near the Best Western http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=05408 and Snowshoe http://www.snowshoebrewing.com/

rick s.
06-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Also a great hotel in Groveland, just up the hill from the lake, called the Groveland Hotel. Have stayed there several times, also at a best western hotel in Sonora, which is probably closer than Groveland.

Calif_BobPerry
06-04-2005, 04:33 AM
So all you West Coast people, in light of the above are we on for the 30th and/or 31st of July at Don Pedro for an informal get together? If so, all we need to do is figure out somewhere on the lake to anchor if people are so inclined. I have two suggestions...

1. The top of the Woods Creek arm near the Mocassin Point launch or 2. Near Pig Island in the Upper Bay which is a midway point between the Marina launch ramp on the West shore and the Moccasin Point launch ramp on the East shore.

Both areas have calm water. We usually anchor near Pig Island for lunch and swimming. The Woods Creek Arm is narrower and it can get crowded sometimes but there is usually decent water in both areas for skiing and wakeboarding throughout the day.

Moccasin Point is a great place to camp(no pets) and if you can get into Section C and reserve any of the sites 1-12 (there the closest to the water) and a rocks throw away from some of Don Pedro's best glass..
The other cool thing about Don Pedro is that you can camp anywhere on the Lake(the Islands are the choice spot but most of them don't appear till late Aug).
We need to coordinate this now if we want to reserve some spots or camp on the lake.
We were thinking of going up on Wed. because I hate a 3hr drive for just 2days.
Since non of us want to post our phone numbers,you can private message me with yours or ask and I'll send you mine.

Since the team mastercrafts "new user agreement " I will not criticize or as they say "Murmur" my feeling about TMC.....but I will say owning a Mastercraft puts you in a class above all others.......

So...Lets make this Mastercraft Families "Party at the Point" happen.

Bob(Concord)

X2M
06-21-2005, 07:02 PM
I got an email from TeamTalk. Maybe others did too. Anyway, it looks like they are going to be having the West Coast Reunion on September 8, 9 & 10. Don't know where yet. More info to follow it said. Thought I would pass it on. :)

Ryan
06-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Sweet! I didn't get the email. Thanks for posting it.

betsy&david Harrison
06-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Sweet! I didn't get the email. Thanks for posting it.
Did you get my message on skiing in the end of July instead of the beginning of Aug? Just curious...B

Ryan
06-22-2005, 05:20 PM
Yep. 7/30 sounds great!

betsy&david Harrison
06-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Yep. 7/30 sounds great!
As Billy Crystal used to say "Mahhhvellous!" How about it JohnB? Are you game for this date too? B

John B
06-23-2005, 01:44 PM
Did you get my message on skiing in the end of July instead of the beginning of Aug? Just curious...B
Hi Betsy,
I asked around the group that I ski with, to see if I could find some one to drive out with me.
The response was good. I will be coming out to Bako to ski.with you.
Some questions???
How many skier can I bring with me?
Can we land a small plane at the lake next to yours?
The one with the landing stripe between the two lakes.
Paradise Lakes is the name of it, I think.
If I need to we can come in a motor home if we need a place to stay.
It would be easer to fly, but not if you have to drive too far to pick us up.
Sense I just asked today if anybody wanted to go,the dates that you can have us out there or still open for change.
Thank you for the invite to ski at your lake. John B.