Is that bad:o :o ..

jsonova99
05-19-2005, 02:15 PM
Sorry,

Is that bad:o :o ..

:noface: and you call yourself an American! :uglyhamme

jayocheskey
05-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Star Wars is as American as apple pie. It's the only movie (or series of movies) of its kind. This type of hype and public awareness can never be duplicated.

You have to admit, even if you haven't ever seen a Star Wars movie, you can name at least 3 or 4 of the characters. That is pretty flippin' amazing.

ski_king
05-19-2005, 02:17 PM
I will wait till it hits the cheap 2nd run theaters or DVD.

Maybe I better catch up with the last 2 as well, I only saw the orginal 3.

jsonova99
05-19-2005, 02:18 PM
No, but I have seen its poster.

Erkle jokes just don't get old, just like fart jokes! :uglyhamme

jsonova99
05-19-2005, 02:19 PM
I'm trying to get in tonight, I saw the last two opening night, although I never had to fight a crowd, so we'll see how tonight goes.

east tx skier
05-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Just got a call from a buddy of mine who saw it this morning. He said it is the best of the prequels and called it "epic" as opposed to his take on the last two. I sent him this.

Revenge of the Sith/Nerds (http://www.milkandcookies.com/stuff/triumphvsw.asx)

With that in mind, I'll try to see it tonight or tomorrow. Big fan.

MarkP
05-19-2005, 02:53 PM
Star Wars is as American as apple pie. It's the only movie (or series of movies) of its kind. This type of hype and public awareness can never be duplicated.

You have to admit, even if you haven't ever seen a Star Wars movie, you can name at least 3 or 4 of the characters. That is pretty flippin' amazing.
Yep, :) I probably can name some but three might be pushin it. (Letterman occasionally mentions it)

I'm trying to get in tonight, I saw the last two opening night, although I never had to fight a crowd, so we'll see how tonight goes.Good luck with that, :cool: and have fun. Just dont ruin it for the rest of us by posting the ending..
Actually David Letterman did tell the ending last night.:D I cracked up..

wakesport
05-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Check out this site:

http://www.storewars.org/

tex
05-19-2005, 02:55 PM
Does he fight the russian or Mr. T in this one?

X2M
05-19-2005, 03:52 PM
My best friends husband had tickets to the midnight showing. Bought them a week in advance online. (That is just wierd :D ) Haven't heard how it was yet. He is a BIG star wars fan.

east tx skier
05-19-2005, 03:55 PM
I just drove over to the theater, didn't wait in line, picked up two tickets for the 8:20 p.m. show tonight. Seen the last 3 opening night with about as much effort. Good when it works out like that.

jsonova99
05-19-2005, 04:01 PM
I just drove over to the theater, didn't wait in line, picked up two tickets for the 8:20 p.m. show tonight. Seen the last 3 opening night with about as much effort. Good when it works out like that.

That was my experience for the first 2, I can see big cities being crazy, but otherwise it seems that these things get blown out of proportion.

Ric
05-19-2005, 04:36 PM
Does he fight the russian or Mr. T in this one?
Was his manager dead or alive in this one?

east tx skier
05-19-2005, 04:57 PM
That was my experience for the first 2, I can see big cities being crazy, but otherwise it seems that these things get blown out of proportion.

Well, I saw the last two in Dallas. Went up there, met some friends, drank several beers, and went to see it. It's showing on several screens at my nearby theater, so supply is keeping up with demand well. Just watched the trailer online and am sufficiently excited to see it. Mark, I may have to burn some movies for you.

BriEOD
05-19-2005, 04:59 PM

Enjoy it Doug before lil' Doug comes. We haven't seen a movie together since Cody has been born. Carla has taken Brianna to see a few movies while I watched Cody.

east tx skier
05-19-2005, 05:02 PM
I will. We don't see too many movies these days. Set up a pretty slick home theater a few years back. You sit close enough to a 55" theater-wide TV and you realize that it's close enough in feel for most movies as seeing it on the big screen. The lastest Star Wars romps tend to be an exception in my book. As do new Coen Bros. movies.

That thing has pretty much ruined me on wanting to buy tickets to go see college football games, too. No line for the bathroom, comfy seat, great view, and the beer flows like wine. With the DVR, the instant replays on demand are key, too.

BriEOD
05-19-2005, 05:08 PM
I have the same thing at my house. I have a 60" TV (I bought primarily to watch the Dolphins) and have a home theater audio package as well.

MarkP
05-19-2005, 05:24 PM
Enjoy it Doug before lil' Doug comes. We haven't seen a movie together since Cody has been born. Carla has taken Brianna to see a few movies while I watched Cody.
Sounds like my house. The names are just different.

east tx skier
05-19-2005, 05:37 PM
I have the same thing at my house. I have a 60" TV (I bought primarily to watch the Dolphins) and have a home theater audio package as well.

They're great! I regret nothing.

east tx skier
05-19-2005, 05:38 PM
By the way, whether anybody has seen this or not, it never gets old. The Attack of the Clones redux that someone did is my favorite. "Everyone has a semi-retarded clone."

The Star Wars Kid (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/starwarskidv.html)

lakes Rick
05-19-2005, 10:45 PM
That thing has pretty much ruined me on wanting to buy tickets to go see college football games, too. No line for the bathroom, comfy seat, great view, and the beer flows like wine. With the DVR, the instant replays on demand are key, too.

Damn easty, I knew we were destined to be buds!!!!

tex
05-20-2005, 08:29 AM
Was his manager dead or alive in this one?

How much for some ribs?

east tx skier
05-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Damn easty, I knew we were destined to be buds!!!!

I am a TV junkie.

Back on topic, saw Episode III last night. In short, if you are a fan of the original trilogy, run, don't walk, to see this one. It is by and large fantastic IMO.

jsonova99
05-20-2005, 10:36 AM
I am a TV junkie.

Back on topic, saw Episode III last night. In short, if you are a fan of the original trilogy, run, don't walk, to see this one. It is by and large fantastic IMO.

couldn't agree more, excellent movie that totally lived up to the hype and completely covered everything leading into the original Star Wars movie (episode 4)

lakes Rick
05-20-2005, 10:48 AM
I am a TV junkie.

Not the TV junky so much as the same philoshophy of WHY go to a drivein, ( Whoops, showin my age again) I mean a Sit in movie house when you have all the pleasures at home...

When the first "lord of the Rings" came out I was told I would miss alot of the movie, not seeing it on the big screen.. Well first Movie I have seen in many years out and all I seemed to have missed were the strange people ( matinee) the smelly guy next to me, and missing some of the movie due to my small bladder...... Rick

jsonova99
05-20-2005, 10:50 AM
Not the TV junky so much as the same philoshophy of WHY go to a drivein, ( Whoops, showin my age again) I mean a Sit in movie house when you have all the pleasures at home...

When the first "lord of the Rings" came out I was told I would miss alot of the movie, not seeing it on the big screen.. Well first Movie I have seen in many years out and all I seemed to have missed were the strange people ( matinee) the smelly guy next to me, and missing some of the movie due to my small bladder...... Rick

I agree, but I will go to the theatre to see big ones like this, just part of the excitement I guess.

east tx skier
05-20-2005, 11:55 AM

I would make the case that this is another movie that is worth paying the $7 to see on the big screen. It's one of those movies I may pay to see twice. After a few weeks, inasmuch as it is being shown on plenty of screens you will probably be able to see it unbothered by anyone.

/still remembers standing in line to see Empire in 1980 (and the movie had been out for weeks).

jayocheskey
05-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Every review I've seen or heard so far has completely lauded the Sith. I, personally, can't wait to see it.

east tx skier
05-20-2005, 04:32 PM
It's very dark in all the right ways. Definitely needed the PG13 rating.

MarkP
05-20-2005, 05:45 PM
This is all I got. I guess that has not stopped me from butting in to other threads

east tx skier
05-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Mark, I've got a great star wars .gif avatar. Could you downsize it to under 20 kb for me if I email it to you?

MarkP
05-20-2005, 05:51 PM
Mark, I've got a great star wars .gif avatar. Could you downsize it to under 20 kb for me if I email it to you?
Send it on. If I cant and I probably cant, I do know someone that can..

MarkP
05-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Mark, I've got a great star wars .gif avatar. Could you downsize it to under 20 kb for me if I email it to you?OMFG LMAO!!!! Dude Is that a shot of you at the movies last night:uglyhamme

east tx skier
05-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Not I. Haven't checked my email, but hopefully you were able to work with it. I'll be out of pocket until tomorrow. I've had that in my fun pictures folder for about a year now.

erkoehler
05-21-2005, 01:59 PM
I will confess, I have never seen any of the star wars movies.