PDA

View Full Version : Damper Plate Confusion

samtechwaterski
04-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Quick question everyone. I was installing the flywheel damper plate and bell housing today and got confused. I ordered a damper plate and I am concerned I might of gotten the wrong one. Here is a picture.

My original damper was held to the flywheel with 6 screws. I can only get 3 to line up on this new damper plate. I went and looked at SKIDIM's site and it looks like this plate is used on alot of the GM motors. Mine is the ford 351. SKIDIM shows that my damper plate should be round? Is this true and does it really matter?

The new damper seems to line up fine but only with the 3 screws. It is a 26 spline shaft which is correct?? I plan to call SKIDIM in the morning as my local dealer was unsure, but I thought I would post here as well.

Sam

dmminfla
04-29-2009, 09:10 AM
I bought the same plate for my 351 from E-basic power. I called them and they told me that plate only uses 3 bolts. It has worked fine for me.

http://bpi.ebasicpower.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ALTDA-106A&Store_Code=eBasicPower&search=damper&offset=0&filter_cat=&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=%20%26srch_code%3D1%26srch_name%3D1%26s rch_mfg%3D1