PDA

View Full Version : Do you ski W/ or W/O Back Seat?

Ryan
05-19-2005, 12:31 PM
I finally took the boat out without the back seat. I liked to room. How many of you ski without the back seat?

MarkP
05-19-2005, 12:32 PM
No back seat when I ski, :wavey: ..

RoscoB190
05-19-2005, 12:33 PM
No back seat here either.

east tx skier
05-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Almost always with the entire seat and seat base/back out, but sometimes I just pull the cushion revealing the nice step to get me over the transom.

erkoehler
05-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Took the back seat out, and it is in the closet
for the summer.

ski_king
05-19-2005, 12:37 PM
I had my out for years and prefer it that way.

Wife made me put it back in....... :mad:

It is only used 10% of the time and in the way the other 90%

tex
05-19-2005, 12:45 PM
If you have a dock, pull it out and use it to sit in on the dock. It won't work with mine.

MarkP
05-19-2005, 12:51 PM
Iíve been working on a design for an abbreviated back seat made out of the white plastic deck boards with a two or three ski ski rack built in under it.

BrianM
05-19-2005, 12:51 PM
I haven't had the back seat in mine in over two seasons. I think it has been in a total of maybe a half a dozen times in three seasons I have owned the boat.

LakePirate
05-19-2005, 12:57 PM
I would have to agree that it does make for a nice step.

Ryan
05-19-2005, 01:05 PM
MarkP,

I would love to see that when it's done... Or design drawings if you've got them.

bcampbe7
05-19-2005, 01:29 PM
I pretty much leave mine in all the time. My wife likes to sit back there while riding to our ski location. She also likes to lay-out on the sundeck while we rest.

MarkP
05-19-2005, 01:34 PM
MarkP,

I would love to see that when it's done... Or design drawings if you've got them.
May not use drawings for woodwork this elementary. But I sure will show it off and offer dimensions and any other assistance.

Ric
05-19-2005, 01:34 PM
I pretty much leave mine in all the time. My wife likes to sit back there while riding to our ski location. She also likes to lay-out on the sundeck while we rest.
it's in when we take the kids and removed on days when we're just going to be doing some slalom

AirJunky
05-19-2005, 02:08 PM
Before extended pylons & towers mine sat in the garage....... aka; Garage couch.

Since I installed a tower I put it back in. It is a great sundeck for the slimmies, holds 2 x-large bumpers underneath, a spare prop & tools, not to mention about 300 lbs in ballast.

Footin
05-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Hey AJ, Looks like you did some custom work to the backseat, we have the same boats and mine does not do that.
Nice colors, same as mine.

AirJunky
05-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Hey AJ, Looks like you did some custom work to the backseat, we have the same boats and mine does not do that.
Nice colors, same as mine.
Yep, I made a "riser" out of pressure treated 2"x4"s & some exterior grade plywood. Carpeted it & it slides in under the cushion whenever I want it up for a sundeck....... which is about 80% of the time. Holds the 2 x-large bumpers inside it & is easily removeable if I want to put the seat down (I just leave it on the dock at my boat slip).

jimmer2880
05-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Before the baby, it was never in. Now that I have a 2 year old that LOVES the boat & playing on the swim platform, it's rarely out unless she isn't along for our sets (which is only about 30% of the time).

It does make an awsome sun deck and storage location.

jsonova99
05-19-2005, 02:44 PM
I usually keep it in, my girlfriend likes to lounge out on it.

Lake_Tippy_Skier
05-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Yep, I made a "riser" out of pressure treated 2"x4"s & some exterior grade plywood. Carpeted it & it slides in under the cushion whenever I want it up for a sundeck....... which is about 80% of the time. Holds the 2 x-large bumpers inside it & is easily removeable if I want to put the seat down (I just leave it on the dock at my boat slip).

do you have any more pics of this mod, it looks like a great idea! :worthy:

Footin
05-19-2005, 02:49 PM
I usually keep it in, my girlfriend likes to lounge out on it.

Pictures for the swimsuit thread are in order, don't ya think?

AirJunky
05-19-2005, 02:53 PM
do you have any more pics of this mod, it looks like a great idea! :worthy:
Not yet, LTS, but I'll get some later tonite! :cool:

Found this one. I'll get some better detail later.

east tx skier
05-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Iíve been working on a design for an abbreviated back seat made out of the white plastic deck boards with a two or three ski ski rack built in under it.

Pictures please?

east tx skier
05-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Before extended pylons & towers mine sat in the garage....... aka; Garage couch.

Since I installed a tower I put it back in. It is a great sundeck for the slimmies, holds 2 x-large bumpers underneath, a spare prop & tools, not to mention about 300 lbs in ballast.

Bill, what's holding the cushion up like a sundeck with the base still in? Do you have pictures from underneath? A very generous donor gave me the OEM sundeck for my boat a while back. I hope to install some removeable rails for it soon as I know it would get some use.

sfitzgerald351
05-19-2005, 05:59 PM
Out!

Of course, my boat never had a rear seat as far as I can tell so I don't really have the option of putting it in!

P.S. This shot was taken in the middle of redoing the side panels so no grief about how junky it looks! :cool:

betsy&david Harrison
05-19-2005, 06:28 PM
The only time we ever had that seat in was before we had a place at the lake. Even then we would take it out and use it just to sit on while we day-camped. Now it is up in the rafters covered up. B

Crash
05-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Out!

Of course, my boat never had a rear seat as far as I can tell so I don't really have the option of putting it in!

P.S. This shot was taken in the middle of redoing the side panels so no grief about how junky it looks! :cool:

Was this the same boat that was under the snow igloo?

stevo137
05-19-2005, 07:12 PM
I had my out for years and prefer it that way.

Wife made me put it back in....... :mad:

It is only used 10% of the time and in the way the other 90%

Wife made me put it back in! :D

mark g
05-19-2005, 07:27 PM
never ski with the back seat in , but allways travel with it in, keep threatening to throw it in the garage, but i think the boat looks better with it in although its useless.
maybe just me thinks it looks better????

Cloaked
05-19-2005, 10:05 PM
Without. But I do like the riser idea... Pics please (me too)?

TEX P205
05-19-2005, 10:32 PM
I keep my back seat in. I have a 97 with the incredible bad design of tuning the backseat into a sunpad. It has barely any support from the armrests to keep it up. Its just asking to rip the vinyl and foam out of the armrests. I like to keep the seat in the boat for extra people. So this is what I did a couple of weeks ago. I reinforced the armrests with some blocks of wood coated in fiberglass resin. Works great. I know this setup is not the same as the 92-95 boats. Just for info. I'll try to post some pics.

AirJunky
05-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Hmmmm, sounds like I need to arrange a group buy for this baby, huh.
Actually, it looks very homemade uncovered. When it's in place, no one ever notices it.
This one is 3 years old & has lived in the boat virtually it's entire life and is still in great shape structurally. I kept it simple & just made the carpet drape over the front & held it down with velcro. If someone were to make it top notch, maybe some latching doors would be in order.

TEX P205
05-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Armrest from 97 P205:

TEX P205
05-19-2005, 10:42 PM
armrest '97 P205:

east tx skier
05-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Nice work, Bill. Good mod!

skiboy
05-20-2005, 11:41 PM
Back seat only goes in for tours

sfitzgerald351
05-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Was this the same boat that was under the snow igloo?

Yup.... It's still in it's igloo, though no snow now. It's more of a Conestoga Wagon at the moment, and will be until July when I get back from my honeymoon and unwrap it.

Jorski
05-22-2005, 01:26 PM
I almost always ski with it out, as much to stop 'the boys" from stepping on the cushion on their way to the platform...only exception is when the proud grandparents are watching the kids ski on the boom.

mcprostar197
07-25-2005, 04:47 PM
Whats the difference without the back seat. Its not like anyone will want to sit back there when you are skiing because they will get their head chopped off by the rope.....

ski_king
07-25-2005, 04:55 PM
Whats the difference without the back seat. Its not like anyone will want to sit back there when you are skiing because they will get their head chopped off by the rope.....
More room for skis. etc. and you dont have to step on the seat to get to the platform.

My back seat is spending the summer in the basement.

MasterCrafting
07-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Well, we usually leave it in as we havent found any advantage of taking it out. When the boat is at home i sometimes take the seat and put it in my room for a couch...its reminds me of being on the lake in the winter months.....

flipper
03-19-2006, 01:24 AM
I always do now. My back seat got stolen and haven't got around to making a new one yet.

erkoehler
03-19-2006, 08:14 AM
Backseat was in once last year for 4th of July, and it got broke :mad:

atlfootr
03-19-2006, 09:30 AM
I finally took the boat out without the back seat. I liked to room.
How many of you ski without the back seat?How long do you think it took Ryan to finally drop out his backseat?

Since I missed the "Poll" re: How often do you ski without the back seat?
Thrown up on the board in '05, I'm steal'n answer number 1.

#1 Never; I don't know why they put it there in the first place.

As a barefoot-skier, even the mere idea of having to step over the backseat when gett'n on board
after a run is awalys a major pain. Not to mention, the extra 6 pair of feet already on the boat that may
or may not remember to avoid your newly re-upolostered seat cushion when making their transition from the sundeck to the floorboard. :eek3:

So, whenever I foot (99.9%) the back seats OUT!
That is unless, were just cruising "The Chain".

atlfootr
03-19-2006, 09:32 AM
I always do now. My back seat got stolen and haven't got around to making a new one yet.Who and why, would anyone want to steal your backseat?

mtripper
03-19-2006, 09:36 AM
In our old boat, a 94 190 the seat was never in. There just wasn't enough room in that boat with it in. In our 197 the seat has pretty much stayed in so far. There is more room in the 197 with the seat then the 94 without so we are ahead and space.

atlfootr
03-19-2006, 09:40 AM
Well, we usually leave it in as we havent found any advantage of taking it out. When the boat is at home i sometimes take the seat and put it in my room for a couch...its reminds me of being on the lake in the winter months.....I'm sure I can think of one :rolleyes: EXTRA ROOM :purplaugh

flipper
03-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Who and why, would anyone want to steal your backseat?

If I knew who, I would probably be in jail. I stopped at a Taco Hell on the way to the lake, on the way in it was there, on the way out it was gone. Looked around to see if some kid took it out and dumped it around the corner in the bushes or something, but never saw it again.

baedriver
03-19-2006, 02:10 PM
Try to ski without it but sometimes more people just keepI showing up. I don't like people standing on the back seat. Plus lots more for my stuff